One page left

Just a quick question, the answer to which I didn't find when browsing relevant threads, with only one empty page remaining on a Uk passport, is this sufficient to renew a 1 year extension based on marriage?

many thanks as always,

tdm

yes it is ok happened to one of my friends. They kinda little complained about that just because as Ubon mentioned they were lazy to stamp carefully.. but its not against rules to go there with 1 page.

Edited by problemfarang

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Immigration have always managed to fit the 'under consideration' stamp, then the extension stamp on a single page. As long as you don't have plans to leave and need a re-entry permit.

Don't leave it until the eleventh hour to apply for a new Passport.

Reentry permit is exactly the problem.

Last time in CW, they insisted the reentry must be on a virgin full page - if I didn't accept this they wouldn't give me one. 

Ruined my passport.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Kiujunn said:

Last time in CW, they insisted the reentry must be on a virgin full page - if I didn't accept this they wouldn't give me one. 

Ruined my passport.

Unfortunately a re-entry stamp does take up the majority of a page, leaving just enough space for an exit and entry stamp.

The OP will be submitting an extension application based on marriage, two stamps, first 'under consideration', then extension stamp underneath and those do fill a page.

• Thanks 1

Immigration officers can stamp on any empty page. This is their vested prerogative and mandate. The passport holder is responsible for renewing the passport in a timely and mature manner. The nerve to blame the immigration officer for not stamping on a specific page.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, mvdf said:

Immigration officers can stamp on any empty page. This is their vested prerogative and mandate. The passport holder is responsible for renewing the passport in a timely and mature manner. The nerve to blame the immigration officer for not stamping on a specific page.  

True, and Immigration Officers (all countries) don't have time to analyse every passport for pages/part pages which are available, they need to quickly find a spot and stamp.

Unless of course we all want to wait while a full analysis and decision is made by every passport officer in every case of a passport holder arriving or departing. 

• Confused 1

Yes, but you will have no pages left for an exit stamp and entry stamp at the final destination when you travel. Or you can get a new passport at you embassy and transfer the extension to new passport or some embassies return the old passport so you can carry 2 passports.

3 hours ago, mvdf said:

Although it's very annoying when they leave the first 3 pages of a new passport blank, then skip a page here and there, then, when you want to get an extension, complain that they can't put the stamps in chronological order because you don't have blank pages left at the end of your passport (but you do have 6 or more blank pages spread throughout the passport thanks to their strange approach).

• Confused 1

Many thanks everyone, yes indeed I believe it's too late to renew the passport as the extension is due in 6 weeks, I had the extension due date on the whiteboard which prompted me to look at the passport this week, hadn't travelled in the last year for obvious reasons and so hadn't noticed tht there was only one page left. Will apply for the extension then apply for new passport immediately and then transfer the stamp. presumably will then need to carry both passports when exiting/entering Thailand.

18 minutes ago, tdm said:

Will apply for the extension then apply for new passport immediately and then transfer the stamp. presumably will then need to carry both passports when exiting/entering Thailand.

After your stamps are transferred to the new passport you will not need your old passport for anything related to your stay in the country or traveling out of the country. Just be sure you get a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid if you want to travel.

17 hours ago, scorecard said:

So you're blaming someone else who is following rules for 'ruining your passport', when in fact you were too lazy to get a new passport. 

Everybody knows that some agencies insist there must be 6 empty pages in the passport or they will not process. 

Is struggle to understand why anybody would get down to just 1 page.

This happened to me.  Last year I intended to return to the Uk and get a new passport.  Needless to say Covid buggered that plan up.  Got my extension in October and a re-entry on the last page.  Had to go to Bangkok to obtain new passport.

So yes I can see how easily it happens.  

17 hours ago, Kiujunn said:

Ruined my passport.

I visited 32 countries on my first passport and had plenty of room left when it finally expired.    At the time countries didn't feel the need to plaster stamps on separate pages   as is done now.      It reminds me of animals marking their territory.     The bigger the stamps, the more space we control..

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Andy from Kent said:

I visited 32 countries on my first passport and had plenty of room left when it finally expired.    At the time countries didn't feel the need to plaster stamps on separate pages   as is done now.      It reminds me of animals marking their territory.     The bigger the stamps, the more space we control..

I'm 100% sure that some of them delight in leaving large spaces in passports. There's no other explanation for why they'd look at a stamp on one page, ignore the blank page opposite it and turn over to deface the next blank page in your face. (And PGSan, if you're still confused, keep it to yourself).

Realistically, the Op should be able to get a new passport within 6 weeks (even under covid-19 times). 

Op can pay for fast track VFS appointment. 

The Passport processing is about 4 weeks (or it was back in Nov - of course, it could take longer). 

The Op can still use his passport here and if his new passport does not arrive in time he can continue with is existing passport squeezing the extension of stay stamps etc into his existing passport, then when his new passport arrives get those stamps transferred into the new passport. 

Its a process, its a headache, but the Op has made his own bed.