Bangkok Speeds up Vaccination Rollout after Widespread COVID-19 Transmission

webfact

89f206e998ccea2858fd35c485caa098_small.jpg

By Woraprat Lerpaisal

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has accelerated its vaccination rollout in Khlong Toei district, amid fears that the COVID cluster of infections in the district’s communities could overwhelm the public health system if left unchecked.

Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has stressed the urgent need to inoculate community residents. The vaccinations will begin at Tesco Lotus hypermarket’s Rama IV branch and at Khlong Toei Withaya School at 1pm on May 4th.

He said about 1,000 people are expected to be inoculated by the end of the day and a further 2,000-3,000 in the coming days.Proactive mass testing will also be conducted every day on 1,000 people in the Khlong Toei communities from May 4th until May 19th. By that time, about 20,000 out of 85,000-90,000 community residents are expected to have been tested.

The governor admitted that it will be more difficult to limit the spread of the Khlong Toei community cluster than the previous cluster in Samut Sakhon, which covered only a limited area with a smaller population.

nnt.jpg
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

people in the Khlong Toei communities from May 4th until May 19th. By that time, about 20,000 out of 85,000-90,000 community residents are expected to have been tested.

20 K out of 90 K people tested in 15 Days !

This is going to get really bad in KT

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) has accelerated its vaccination rollout in Khlong Toei district, amid fears that the COVID cluster of infections in the district’s communities could overwhelm the public health system if left unchecked.

All we have to do is wait for Siam Bioscience to start production... nothing else is in the pipeline.

Prayut has seen to that.

Edited by hotchilli
  • Like 1

Strange how ugly git in charge calls it a community, other reports call it a slum, I know ???????? , it's a community slum, sad state of affairs.

The author of this post was kicked out of his accommodation as my landlord accused me of sleeping with his wife ( which was ballcox by the way, she was fugly ) so I ended up with my few possessions sleeping in the back of a Leyland Leopard coach at the Brentwood depot of Eastern National where I worked at the time, I had the use of the showers, canteen & rest room during the day and when the last Leopard came in that was my bed. So yeah, I know hard times, thank gawd I bettered meself.

Nothing against the Klong Toey residents but it would probably be best to avoid Lotus on Rama IV while it is serving as a vaccination centre for them, since many could be infected.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmuang said Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has stressed the urgent need to inoculate community residents.

The whole country has been screaming out for months for inoculations... held up only because of Prayuts wish to keep his chosen source in-house.