Thai travel stimulus schemes to be put on hold indefinitely, says TAT governor

webfact

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

This has to be changed now that the country's Covid steering committee the CCSA has advised against travel due to the third wave of the pandemic.

Yutthasak was not prepared to say when the schemes will begin as that was dependent on how the pandemic goes from here.

2022 at the rate things are looking, but then that is just my view.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, webfact said:

This has to be changed now that the country's Covid steering committee the CCSA has advised against travel due to the third wave of the pandemic.

Or the pots becoming empty.

"We have screwed, conned, milked and swindled as much as we can from this. Lets move on and try something else."

content://com.brave.browser.FileProvider/images/screenshot/1620128790023548905851.jpg

Edited by Grusa

7 hours ago, MasterBaker said:

even if 70% vax target will be achieved, there will not be any amount of tourists till the end of the year. there is article about THA numbers and those are very much spot on THA: 80% of hotels shut till October - won't be back to normal until 2023

Many countries aren't going to let people travel to countries with a measly 70% vaccination rate.  There is no herd immunity with this virus.  

14 minutes ago, MrJ2U said:

Many countries aren't going to let people travel to countries with a measly 70% vaccination rate.  There is no herd immunity with this virus.  

70 percent would be pretty good but I think its obvious by now that this  virus will be with humanity indefinitely. So countries could achieve herd immunity then slip out of it then achieve it again ad nauseum. I'm talking boosters baby. Annual boosters. 

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Blindingly obvious open the country to the fully vaccinated now without delay or restriction be ahead of the curve for a change instead of a year behind it ???? 

How many people want to travel to visit a semi lockdown zone?

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

How many people want to travel to visit a semi lockdown zone?

Obviously not tens of millions like in previous years but certainly enough to give some hope to the tourist industry. Turkey is doing exactly that right now.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Wait for the backlash from hotels who can't gouge anymore.

9 hours ago, Jingthing said:

70 percent would be pretty good but I think its obvious by now that this  virus will be with humanity indefinitely. So countries could achieve herd immunity then slip out of it then achieve it again ad nauseum. I'm talking boosters baby. Annual boosters. 

Even advanced Western countries may fail to ever reach herd immunity, but will have vaccinated enough people so that cases of the virus, though always present, will not overwhelm their medical systems. Basically another annual flu type illness.

Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe

Widely circulating coronavirus variants and persistent hesitancy about vaccines will keep the goal out of reach. The virus is here to stay, but vaccinating the most vulnerable may be enough to restore normalcy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/health/covid-herd-immunity-vaccine.html

2 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Even advanced Western countries may fail to ever reach herd immunity, but will have vaccinated enough people so that cases of the virus, though always present, will not overwhelm their medical systems. Basically another annual flu type illness.

Reaching ‘Herd Immunity’ Is Unlikely in the U.S., Experts Now Believe

Widely circulating coronavirus variants and persistent hesitancy about vaccines will keep the goal out of reach. The virus is here to stay, but vaccinating the most vulnerable may be enough to restore normalcy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/03/health/covid-herd-immunity-vaccine.html

That's because in the USA covid vaccination has become a left-right issue with Republicans far less likely to get vaccinated. I don't know if any surveys have been takekn to determine the level of vaccine hesitancy in Thailand. But given that Thais are much more compliant about wearing masks than are Americans, I'd guess it's a lot lower.

On 5/4/2021 at 3:33 PM, Jingthing said:

Indeed. We're stuck with it. Looks like the baby boomers won again!