Push to vaccinate 16 million vulnerable Thais suffers early setbacks

webfact

17 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe because for some people with specific medical conditions, certain vaccines may be contra-indicated. A quick review of someone's medical records could prevent someone receiving a shot they shouldn't. It could also be for medical monitoring in cases of severe adverse reactions...to facilitate faster medical treatment if necessary (by already having access to someone's medical records. There are probably other reasons, none nefarious, for this request. And again, if you don't want this government freebie, at least for now, one is free to decline it (or pay for their own).

that assessment should be carried out by a medical doctor preferably your own in the strictest confidence

Thai authorities have a poor record of keeping your information private

but hey if you are happy enough to hand over your records to whoever that is up to you

It certainly doesn't sit well with me and would never happen under any circumstance

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

I already have Thailand set up as my location.  I ask again for the *exact* name or a link.  Is that too hard?

Mohpromt 

Your Appstore location (apple) has to be set to Thailand....  (the Moh promt App is not available outside of Thailands App store). 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201389

(just having your current location , date & time settings etc - is not the same as setting your Appstore location)

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mwbrown said:

There's nothing by that name in the Google Play store.  Can you please give the *exact* name of the app or a link to it?  Thanks.

I just downloaded it via LINE on my computer and it was automatically picked up on my phone.  It is in Thai, but I'll get my girlfriend to help me with that.  Not sure I'll be able to register as I don't have a pink card, but we'll see and it's a start.

30 minutes ago, condobrit001 said:
33 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Takes a few minutes to get LINE on a smart phone. 

Alternately, download Morpromt from the Thai App / play store. 

Two options. 

Great if you can read Thai. Is there an english version?

You surely have Thai friends who can read Thai and help you ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Mohpromt 

Your Appstore location (apple) has to be set to Thailand....  (the Moh promt App is not available outside of Thailands App store). 

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201389

(just having your current location , date & time settings etc - is not the same as setting your Appstore location)

Thanks for the correct spelling, I'll put that in my document.

I'm on Android with Thailand set and nothing shows up with that name, but I'll keep checking.

4 minutes ago, mikosan said:
I just downloaded it via LINE on my computer and it was automatically picked up on my phone.  It is in Thai, but I'll get my girlfriend to help me with that.  Not sure I'll be able to register as I don't have a pink card, but we'll see and it's a start.

Yes, that's the Line app everyone is using.  We're looking for separate apps for iPhone and Android.

36 minutes ago, mark131v said:

They are not in most of the civilised worlds that don't rely on coups...

UK is all done by at risk groups so elderly and vulnerable and medical professional's then everybody else by by age group and risk factor, most of the civilised world is done the same way

Anutin would not be in a top group or an at risk group and neither would the young soldier unless she was a medical professional not available through the healthcare system

I stand by my statement their priorities seem to be me and my powerbase first rest of you fight over the scraps, as usual...

With all due awareness of corruption, privilege and incomprehensible  incompetence inherent in Thai 'government', I disagree.

Soldiers are a risk group by virtue of their living conditions - packed close together in barracks, marching close together, communal feeding, contact sports and gym training ... ideal conditions for plague spread. 

It may be easier to isolate simply by confining to barracks ... but do you seriously think that would work?

And if this goes much further they'll need the military to help out with vaccines etc just like in Germany and UK and elsewhere that aren't famed for coups.

This <deleted> ain't no joke.

Whether a soldier should get it before a cancer sufferer is doubtful, but if there's no-one else in the queue ahead, jab 'em.

Edited by BusyB
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, mwbrown said:

Thanks for the correct spelling, I'll put that in my document.

I'm on Android with Thailand set and nothing shows up with that name, but I'll keep checking.

I can only make the assumption that as its on the Thai Apple App store that it will also be on the Google Play store for Android. 

You can also use the LINE app to register with the Mohpromt  - this linked ThaiVisa thread posted by Peter42 has the links to the Line App link to Mor promt.

V

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BusyB said:

With all due awareness of corruption, privilege and incomprehensible  incompetence inherent in Thai 'government', I disagree.

Soldiers are a risk group by virtue of their living conditions - packed close together in barracks, marching close together, communal feeding, contact sports and gym training ... ideal conditions for plague spread. 

It may be easier to isolate simply by confining to barracks ... but do you seriously think that would work?

And if this goes much further they'll need the military to help out with vaccines etc just like in Germany and UK and elsewhere that aren't famed for coups.

This <deleted> ain't no joke.

Whether a soldier should get it before a cancer sufferer is doubtful, but if there's no-one else in the queue ahead, jab 'em.

I think there are more people who must be in the first line.. Teachers who stand in classes with 50 students in a class  as an example, if the schools opens and no teachers are vaccinated there could be a bigger outbreak. Secondly policemen, taxidrivers, and other jobs that are in close contact with many people. and on the very first place of course, the health care workers. The doctors I believe are not in to get this B-vaccines, I suppose they will wait for the better ones 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

I contacted 5 different hospitals in Chiangmai this morning I went too two and phoned three, got told by all of them only for Thai people not for foreigners and the first one I went too as I was walking out I looked back and they were laughing having a joke about it, I’m more than happy to just pay for it without all the bs they all had no idea that foreigners are included in the vaccine except one that told me the government has stopped them from getting   It.

It works in Samui have booked for June 10th but i do not have high hopes i ill get it when there  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Thailand will be totally screwed if they can't fix this and fix it fast.

Thailand has been screwed for Decades and this is just Double Bubble.  They are incapable of fixing anything.......especially fast !

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
18 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

I contacted 5 different hospitals in Chiangmai this morning I went too two and phoned three, got told by all of them only for Thai people not for foreigners and the first one I went too as I was walking out I looked back and they were laughing having a joke about it, I’m more than happy to just pay for it without all the bs they all had no idea that foreigners are included in the vaccine except one that told me the government has stopped them from getting   It.

Stories like that should be headline news rather than gaslighting us that everything is hunky dory.

May I ask of that five how many were private and how many public?

My Wife called up hospitals to try and make a ‘direct booking’ and was told any bookings need to be made through the Mor promt application *(on LINE app or the direct Morpromt App).

Lots of foreigners have registered successfully, so such headline news would not only be inflammatory clickbait, it would also be incorrect. 

Hospitals have also informed people that they don’t register through Morpromt they can register directly but only after 7th July. 

--------

The staff at the hospital were probably laughing at something completely unrelated, but don’t let other possibilities get in the way of a neurotic and paranoid foreigner thinking everyone is laughing at him behind his back !!! 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

I  am 62 and I know how to use apps on my telephone, but I don't like it. In Thailand there are a lot of eldery people who maybe don't have or use the smartphone. I think it is one reasons that they can't register. Besides there is a whole system that isn't working. How many people are registered in provinces where they don't live?? It would be easy to call every one to the hospital with a letter to get the jab. But because of the bad where-do-you-live-and -where- registered system it is impossible to know what the real adressess are.   Shortly make the registration easier for everybody 

The app allows you to choose the province, hospital and an available date and time. 

LINE can also be used on a computer and registered to an e-mail address. 

There will of course be imperfections, and people will slip through the gaps. 

Then there are those thousands and thousands of unregistered migrant workers in Thailand who also need to be vaccinated. 

Others have suggested ‘mass vaccination programs’ ... not a bad idea perhaps under amnesty fro immigration etc.. 

But... registering etc is the right way to go - vaccination has to start somewhere and there is no perfect solution, just an combination of imperfect solutions to attempt to secure as much coverage as possible.

One fault with the Mohpromt app is that it didn’t accept regular Passport Numbers, which would have been the idea solution - so that people could register with 3 key identifiers (Passport # (or Thai ID number) DOB and Full Name). 

34 minutes ago, cnx101 said:

as I was walking out I looked back and they were laughing having a joke about it,

And you know this how...you are a Thai speaker and were within earshot and understood what they were giggling about...as opposed to all the other things Thais chuckle about at work? 

• Like 1