Push to vaccinate 16 million vulnerable Thais suffers early setbacks

webfact

56 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

My Wife called up hospitals to try and make a ‘direct booking’ and was told any bookings need to be made through the Mor promt application *(on LINE app or the direct Morpromt App).

Lots of foreigners have registered successfully, so such headline news would not only be inflammatory clickbait, it would also be incorrect. 

Hospitals have also informed people that they don’t register through Morpromt they can register directly but only after 7th July. 

--------

The staff at the hospital were probably laughing at something completely unrelated, but don’t let other possibilities get in the way of a neurotic and paranoid foreigner thinking everyone is laughing at him behind his back !!! 

Yes that's what most expats are being told.  July bookings for August  But that leaves HIGH RISK expats that can't register online out in the cold 

4 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

There was another newsletter earlier today that stated foreigners will be able to register from 1 June.

First time I've heard that. I'm skeptical because July has been reported here many many times.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The slow uptake is being blamed on two major factors: hiccups on the booking platform and reluctance to receive the jabs amid reports of undesirable side effects.

A slow uptake of only around 5% yet many who said they tried to register they couldn't as the system couldn't cope?

If the first round of jabs were for the over 60's with underlying health problems why not have them report direct to their own hospital to make an appointment or have each online registration for a specific age group only.

They threw it open to everyone but only targeting the above age?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, wensiensheng said:

A phuket newspaper reports that anyone resident in Phuket, thai or otherwise, must register for a vaccine through the “ Phuket must win” web site and the Phuket authorities will cancel registration made in any other system. 

so if in Phuket, ignore everything coming out of bangkok?

Yes, Phuket government has directed residents of Phuket to use the PhuketMustWin website not the Doctors Ready (mor prom in Thai) LINE Official Account.  A good thing actually as the website is a lot easier to use than a line app if you have a computer or laptop.  You can also access the website through Google Chrome browser which will allow you to use Thai to English automatic machine translation.

Here's the website you should use if you reside in Phuket.  Note: you will need a Thai government ID such as from pink ID card, yellow house registration book, or Thai tax ID.

https://www.xn--12cmj6ba0a7b3g4a6fud5d2a.com/

A background article explaining this:  https://www.thephuketnews.com/no-morprom-vaccination-registration-for-phuket-79878.php

17 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

A slow uptake of only around 5% yet many who said they tried to register they couldn't as the system couldn't cope?

If the first round of jabs were for the over 60's with underlying health problems why not have them report direct to their own hospital to make an appointment or have each online registration for a specific age group only.

They threw it open to everyone but only targeting the above age?

I have completed a survey (registration) for BNH in Bangkok, but there is no date for appointment, nor were they able to tell me when the vax might be available. They did say they were not taking registration through Mor Prom, but as I can't register my non-Thai ID to use that, it's academic anyway.

11 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

Asks for ID and number. farangs don't have this

Yes, some of us have non-Thai IDs, (Pink), but these are not being accepted by the Mor Prom system because of the identifyer (Not ID number) being different to those on Thai ID cards. Some have had success, on the first day before the system crashed, but after it was fixed, many have not been able to register; my understanding is currently those with Pink IDs and a Thai family member appear to have success; the Thai family member can register and add the farang as a family member.

Edited by samtam

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

When you got your driving licence... did someone come to you and ‘offer you to apply for one’ ???

We’re all responsible for ourselves and securing the documentation we each believe will make our lives easier. Many people don’t believe obtaining a Yellow Tabien Baan (and Pink ID) card is necessary, whereas others have seen that obtaining these documents can be of benefit....

Amen, and it’s not hard, just takes a little effort to go down to the Tessabahn and apply. Some people would rather just complain than get off their duff and do something productive.

• Sad 1

I'm not usually anti government doing stuff for the people but this plan is clearly not working!

Abort. Abort. Abort. 

Maybe they could get the marketing people at Chang to donate their services.

The future of Thailand is on the LINE. And no I do not mean the app of that name.

Edited by Jingthing

Did the Thai government take into consideration that a lot of the vulnerable and elderly especially in rural Thailand dont have smartphones let alone internet or have a clue how to download a app. In my village up in Issan the old and sick are not registering as they were told that there will be a community roll out of vaccines to the old and sick organized by the local administration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, trainman34014 said:

As the majority of 'Teachers' are inept and useless along with the majority of Policemen it would surely be better to leave them unprotected entirely !

It has nothing to do with the quality of teachers, but they stand in front of class several hours a day, in some schools more than 3500 or more students.. If it is not for the teacher than we have to protect the students too

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, skatewash said:

This guide to using the Doctors Ready (mor prom in Thai) LINE Official Account to register for the Covid-19 vaccine is very helpful.  It's not really an app, that's why you can't find it in the Play Store.  The attached guide does a good job to get you started.

COVID Vaccination Registration Information-03-05-2021.pdf 324.41 kB · 4 downloads

Hey thanks!  That's my document, from our Facebook group  "❤️ Hua Hin COVID-19 Community Support ❤️".   All are welcome to join to get the best information we can out to our members.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Speaks volumes on how much Thais disbelieve and distrust this hopelessly corrupt government.

not to mention all the scare mongering put about by all those local medical experts in the villages.... my SIL did not turn up for her appointment as she's been convinced by these experts that the vax's are not originals and being produced illegally by ... well you can complete the sentence yourself.. Hows your luck government on one side and the local medical experts on the other side ..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mwbrown said:

I already have Thailand set up as my location.  I ask again for the *exact* name or a link.  Is that too hard?

If you have typed in what you were given, it is incorrect (morpromt) The correct version is "mor prom" without quote marks

• Like 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

The slow uptake is being blamed on two major factors: hiccups on the booking platform and reluctance to receive the jabs amid reports of undesirable side effects.

I know some young Thais who will not register because they don't want Sinovac.

They said they will wait for other options.

• Like 1

If they open the  vaccination  centres people will come especially if  they have special  times for the old disabled and  at risk  groups.  At present  there is no confidence  that the vaccines  exist and no confidence in  Government  web sites.  Hospitals in  particular  don't know when and what vaccines  will be available. 

2 hours ago, BusyB said:

Whether a soldier should get it before a cancer sufferer is doubtful, but if there's no-one else in the queue ahead, jab 'em

Quite agree 'if there's no-one else in the queue ahead, jab 'em'

Last time I looked there was several 10's of million's in potential at risk groups in the queue ahead of 'em!!

Seems the only folk getting jabs are the eejits in charge and their mates and a couple of thousand others, oh and fit and healthy young soldiers too...

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Thaivisa Golf said:

If you try to register on this Mor Prom app they do not seem to have an English version and want thai ID not passport.

I am 71 yrs old with one kidney so am qualified for an early vacination however having also tried to register with two local private hospitals was told they have no registration sytem in place. 

Also one told me their hospital tried to buy vacines but govt was not helping, and they reckon it will be August before we see mass vacinations..

Bit of a mess and a bit scary too.

Thank you for your report. Many of us are in similar situations. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Speaks volumes on how much Thais disbelieve and distrust this hopelessly corrupt government.

Maybe we should go the other way if we only had vaccines. No lockdowns and everything open just like Florida in the USA and they are doing great. If we only had a good choice of vaccines.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, cnx101 said:

I contacted 5 different hospitals in Chiangmai this morning I went too two and phoned three, got told by all of them only for Thai people not for foreigners and the first one I went too as I was walking out I looked back and they were laughing having a joke about it, I’m more than happy to just pay for it without all the bs they all had no idea that foreigners are included in the vaccine except one that told me the government has stopped them from getting   It.

There is a world wide shortage of vaccines Thailand will have to rely on AZ locally manuctured. Philippines has been unable to obtain any vaccines. It is in the interest of all residents to be vaccinated when vaccines become available 

the 5% uptake on vax means well for foreigners, as there would be surplus and just walk in into clinic, without registration.

now, there might be delays with AZ production.

there might be issues with quality of production.

by then it would also be more clear, if AZ protects from the indian mutation

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Takes a few minutes to get LINE on a smart phone. 

Alternately, download Morpromt from the Thai App / play store. 

Two options. 

Sounds easy...but the majority of elderly people wouldn't even know what an app is.

8 minutes ago, internationalism said:

the 5% uptake on vax means well for foreigners, as there would be surplus and just walk in into clinic, without registration.

I wouldn't bet on that. More likely they'd just open it up to more Thais earlier and keep us in the back of the bus.

• Like 1

The Public Health Ministry is also accepting vaccination appointments via village health volunteers and hospitals, but the online platform is the key channel for bookings.

With no pink card and therefore no way of registering from Farang Day 1st July onwards, I guess the old fashioned in-person path is the one I'll be taking.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

The government wants to vaccinate 16 million vulnerable Thais – those aged over 60 and people with chronic conditions including diabetes and cancer – by July 31.

Does anyone believe they can actually vaccinate 16 million people by July 31? Where  is the vaccine coming from?

• Haha 1