Push to vaccinate 16 million vulnerable Thais suffers early setbacks

webfact

8 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Maybe because for some people with specific medical conditions, certain vaccines may be contra-indicated. A quick review of someone's medical records could prevent someone receiving a shot they shouldn't. It could also be for medical monitoring in cases of severe adverse reactions...to facilitate faster medical treatment if necessary (by already having access to someone's medical records. There are probably other reasons, none nefarious, for this request. And again, if you don't want this government freebie, at least for now, one is free to decline it (or pay for their own).

Sinovac or AZ.  Why bother with reviewing medical records?  Take a 10 THB coin and flip it.  That would produce better results without tying up more of the over-stretched healthcare workers in the faltering healthcare system that is terminally constipated with Thai bureaucracy and political power-plays.
Personally?  I don't want their freakin' "Free" shot.  I want choice.  And I have the money to purchase "choice."
"You can have a $hot of Sinovac or AZ after we look at your medical record."
That's not a choice. 
The private medical industry better start positioning to insert their players into the Thailand political machine.  Start by replacing a construction "tycoon" with an actual Doctor of Medicine.

2 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Yellow Book was a piece of cake to get but my local amphur refuses to issue me a pink card insisting that it's for Burmese, Laos or Cambodian workers only.

Frustrating as registration seems to also require the number on the back of the card.

Perhaps this might help at your local office. https://www.isaanlawyers.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners-in-thailand/ ( picture of farang on a pink card)  Also, I only have a yellow book but was told if I wanted a pink card to come in near the end of the day on a Friday as they have to reset their machines and this would cause the least disruption. Good luck! The wife registered me only using the Yellow Book ID number. No number from the back of any card. The problem I have though is my local hospital is not listed yet, although 3 surrounding hospital options became available yesterday. I'll keep checking back each day this week. Of interest is one of the surrounding hospitals has 60 spots a day and not even one taker!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Perhaps this might help at your local office. https://www.isaanlawyers.com/pink-id-card-for-foreigners-in-thailand/ ( picture of farang on a pink card)  Also, I only have a yellow book but was told if I wanted a pink card to come in near the end of the day on a Friday as they have to reset their machines and this would cause the least disruption. Good luck! The wife registered me only using the Yellow Book ID number. No number from the back of any card. The problem I have though is my local hospital is not listed yet, although 3 surrounding hospital options became available yesterday. I'll keep checking back each day this week. Of interest is one of the surrounding hospitals has 60 spots a day and not even one taker!

Excellent advice about coming in late on a Friday afternoon at the amphur.  I plan to test that out this coming Friday.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ty Hareways said:

Sounds easy...but the majority of elderly people wouldn't even know what an app is.

It seems their families may be registering them - and whole families are registering, even if they are under 60 and with no health conditions. This will be a major problem, as many elderly may miss out on the first batch of vaccines. I know this first hand as my wife and her colleagues have been helping these people register online. The government has instructed them to register everyone, as it's not possible to prove over the phone anything about co-morbidities. It's such a mess. 

Edited by DavisH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Speaks volumes on how much Thais disbelieve and distrust this hopelessly corrupt government.

Absolutely FKCNG SHOCKING THIS GOVERNMENT IS ????????????????????????????

12 hours ago, mark131v said:

They are not in most of the civilised worlds that don't rely on coups...

UK is all done by at risk groups so elderly and vulnerable and medical professional's then everybody else by by age group and risk factor, most of the civilised world is done the same way

Anutin would not be in a top group or an at risk group and neither would the young soldier unless she was a medical professional not available through the healthcare system

I stand by my statement their priorities seem to be me and my powerbase first rest of you fight over the scraps, as usual...

... not only in Thailand !

There are several „western“ countries, where Police and Army have also priority.

For example: All US Soldiers participating in Defender-Europe 21 were reported to have been vaccinated already with the 2nd jab.

26 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

There are several „western“ countries, where Police and Army have also priority.

For example: All US Soldiers participating in Defender-Europe 21 were reported to have been vaccinated already with the 2nd jab.

U.S. is well past that.  Now anyone 16 or over can get a shot in many places.  105 million fully vaccinated, 70% of the over 65 folks vaccinated.  Moving right along - about 2.5 million shots per day.  There are 65 million doses delivered and awaiting administration. 

53 minutes ago, BernieOnTour said:

Well, soldiers live in very close quarters or so we were so often told when there are debates about allowing gays in the military. 

13 hours ago, vandeventer said:

Maybe we should go the other way if we only had vaccines. No lockdowns and everything open just like Florida in the USA and they are doing great. If we only had a good choice of vaccines.

Florida currently has the highest number of infections in the US.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, connda said:

Sinovac or AZ.  Why bother with reviewing medical records?  Take a 10 THB coin and flip it.  That would produce better results without tying up more of the over-stretched healthcare workers in the faltering healthcare system that is terminally constipated with Thai bureaucracy and political power-plays.
Personally?  I don't want their freakin' "Free" shot.  I want choice.  And I have the money to purchase "choice."
"You can have a $hot of Sinovac or AZ after we look at your medical record."
That's not a choice. 
The private medical industry better start positioning to insert their players into the Thailand political machine.  Start by replacing a construction "tycoon" with an actual Doctor of Medicine.

I already said it's a pre-approval if necessary...I doubt it's because the MD/nurse is going to do a detailed medical history review before giving each of tens of millions of shots.

14 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I'm not usually anti government doing stuff for the people but this plan is clearly not working!

Abort. Abort. Abort. 

Maybe they could get the marketing people at Chang to donate their services.

The future of Thailand is on the LINE. And no I do not mean the app of that name.

Actually I think the LINE app people could also do a better job than this administration so it might be better if the future was on the LINE app, couldn't be any worse could it?

17 hours ago, Hayduke said:

Speaks volumes on how much Thais disbelieve and distrust this hopelessly corrupt government.

Hopefully that will translate at the next ballot box... if it ever happens.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, rbkk said:

Thanks for the link. Will have another try sometime.

17 hours ago, anchadian said:

Successfully booking an appointment and actually receiving the vaccine are two completely different things.

After reading the front page of the Bangkok Post this morning, I’m really disappointed in the attitude of the Ministry of Public Health. #COVID19 doesn’t care about race or skin color. So, why do they? No one is safe until everyone is safe. We are in this together #Thailand

I’m sure many expats are more than willing to pay for the vaccine. I didn’t really expect to get it for free. But unfortunately, we don’t even have that choice as private hospitals still cannot vaccinate people. As a consequence, some foreigners are going away on vaccine holidays

27 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

You are suggesting that the number of new infections announced by the state of Florida is fake?

Florida reported 3,682 new coronavirus cases on Wednesday and another 92 new resident deaths linked to COVID-19.

Out of all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Florida ranks No. 23 for deaths per 100K residents and No. 16 for cases per 100K residents, according to the latest data from the health department and the COVID Tracking Project.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

Yours looks like it's turned upside down?

You are confused because when I sorted the states by infection on Worldometer, I put the states with the highest infection numbers at the top. Florida is now #1 in the US for new infections today.

I am so sorry that this information conflicts with what your internet friends are telling you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, vandeventer said:

Out of all 50 states and the District of Columbia, Florida ranks No. 23 for deaths per 100K residents and No. 16 for cases per 100K residents, according to the latest data from the health department and the COVID Tracking Project.

That data includes case numbers and deaths from when Florida had heavy restrictions, like other states.

The subject we are discussing is the impact of re-opening now. The result has been that Florida re-opened too fast and currently has the most infections in the US.

• Like 1

Just now, vandeventer said:

So how do you get number 1 out of your news? Keep the people in the blue states and Florida will be the best

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

So how do you get number 1 out of your news? Keep the people in the blue states and Florida will be the best

Feel free to post a US state with more new cases than Florida today. We'll wait.

CC3394BB-97E9-4BC8-9834-60AA4E86EF53.jpeg.86f594e34df3ae5a91d63a62825d17a7.jpeg

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, vandeventer said:

I am looking at the numbers in New York and Illinois and others it's not right. 

The numbers have edged up a little bit, but Florida is still #1. Sometimes, Worldometer updates numbers after midnight Greenwich time.

We'll wait for you to post higher numbers for another state.

Look at California vs Florida to see the impact of restrictions on case numbers. It's almost as if increasing restrictions decreases new infections.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

When you got your driving licence... did someone come to you and ‘offer you to apply for one’ ???

We’re all responsible for ourselves and securing the documentation we each believe will make our lives easier. Many people don’t believe obtaining a Yellow Tabien Baan (and Pink ID) card is necessary, whereas others have seen that obtaining these documents can be of benefit....

Interesting post from richard. I have a Thai tax id card but i didn't realise it has a 13 digit reference in the same sequence as a thai id card that is x-xxxx-xxxxx-xx-x. Does this mean i can use it as a thai id and book this jab (should i want it?).