PM forbids food delivery firms from ramping up prices

webfact

I've pretty much stopped using these.  My condo Juristic Nazi Person has banned deliveries to the rooms.  If I have to get dressed and go down, I may as well go out and get it myself.  Apart from pizzas, no way to keep them flat on my bike.  ????

21 hours ago, webfact said:

Prayuth Chan-ocha cares passionately about the people and has not been idle in putting into place measures for their benefit. 

PM forbids food delivery firms from ramping up prices  

Yea right Jack ,He can say what he likes , But how is he going to stop the Rip off from Every delivery firm.

Talk is cheap ,No one is going to stop the Greed /corruption. 

10 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I've pretty much stopped using these.  My condo Juristic Nazi Person has banned deliveries to the rooms.  If I have to get dressed and go down, I may as well go out and get it myself.  Apart from pizzas, no way to keep them flat on my bike.  ????

We have a condo which we rent out and the other day Im sitting there waiting for a guest to arrive them delivery guys it was one after the other and I noticed that they are not allowed in, the customer has to come down to get their order outside in the carpark

21 hours ago, timendres said:

This is one reason I refuse to use Foodpanda. There is NO SUCH THING as "free delivery". FP is gouging the restauranteur and leaving them making virtually zero profit. I wish the law stated that food delivery must charge the delivery fee ON TOP of the order so it is visible and clear.

I absolutely agree with you and generally ring the restaurant first, to see if they are able to arrange their own delivery, thereby saving them and me money.  Most are able to do so.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Not enough. They charge my wife and I 37% (Panda and Grab). While I try to keep costs at or below 30%, we are barely making it, on top of a massive slowdown of orders from us and around our area since January. Thais and expats are hurting.

You should have a talk with the representitive of foodpanda i wanted to use them as well about a year ago and they wanted to charge 30% , so i said that at that rate i was kind of working for them instead of owning my own restaurant . The girl said she would discuss it with her boss and i didn't hear of them for about 7 weeks , then suddenly the girl called back and said they could do it for 19% wich is much more fair but at that moment i didn't take the offer anymore because i already felt they are thiefs and missuse their monopoly . I now use grab and lineman by the way . So try to negotiate . Something else , look at how many foodpanda motorbikes you see compared to when they begun , almost none . Most bikes you see is Grab .

25 minutes ago, DefaultName said:

I've never used any of the delivery food services... I want to go and look at, choose, handle my own supplies, cook it at home where I know the process it's been through.

• Like 2

In the past I have noticed restaurants offer Free delivery within their area with a minimum order around 300 baht why did they switch to FP and Grab? when they are giving away 30% of their profits,

23 hours ago, webfact said:

PM's office spokeswoman Rachada Thanadirek said that prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocha cares passionately about the people

Hahahahahaha. Now I have a belly ache and my cheeks are sore from reading this. That is so far from reality unless you are talking about his junta and his elite supporters. . 

23 hours ago, webfact said:

PM's office spokeswoman Rachada Thanadirek said that prime minister Prayuth Chan-ocha cares passionately about the people

Well, perhaps he might consider giving them back the democratically elected government that he threw out, before changing the constitution to ensure the military would always have top place at the table.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

That's a pretty good sized piece of cheese for the driver...4 or 5 deliveries a day and they've done okay...anything more is gravy. I guess that's why there seems to be no shortage of drivers (and they don't have to join a moto-mafia taxi que to get work).

What did you expect, why we have this pandemic?

The real exponential virus increase (with a R0 ~ 3 during lockdowns) in LoS is that of the

Green Virus, also called Grab virus.

Similar to Covid driving Influenza to nearly zero,

the Green Virus managed to nearly extinguish the formerly endemic Pink Virus, sometimes also called Panda.

????

PM forbids food delivery firms from ramping up prices.

Can we assume he will forbid the private hospitals from ramping up prices for vaccines? Somehow I doubt it as he would have to make sure the off shore accounts of himself and his generals keep rising.

Edited by metisdead
Format reset to normal.
  • Like 1

Uh huh.... and just exactly how were they planning on doing that? 

As if the Thai Police are not over burdened as it is now..... some how they will monitor and sample delivery prices throughout the Kingdom? 

To insure fairness and continuity? 

As if thats been a theme of recent decades. 

2 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Well, perhaps he might consider giving them back the democratically elected government that he threw out, before changing the constitution to ensure the military would always have top place at the table.

Democracy is over-rated...look what it got the U.S.

6 hours ago, Benmart said:

I am in Thailand, not in Northern Ireland/UK and I don't order food from there.

who cares. I was pointing out that the UK (and the US and the EU) gouged it's own people during the epidemic. Too many morons on this site push their racist agendas by putting down this country for activities that is just as commonplace in their own country. The world is full of rock heads living amongst a glass world. 

LOL.  All you American haters!!!

Quality of life, happiness, education, diversity, careers, money, opportunity (falang in Thailand, zero), freedoms, etc........    even down to construction, quality of food, air quality....

Sure, America might NOT be in the Top-10 IF you want to live in frigid Norway or Sweden or Finland or some Scandi place..........but to get all bent because some of the 300,000,000 people gauge prices......

that says you aren't very happy.   lol.

I could go to the "best country" in the world and spend all day hating and complaining.  

and to then dismiss democracy .....   hahahhahahahahahaha.

sheep

Edited by Ventenio

In a true democracy this is known as free enterprise and competition. The difference between a communist system such as Vietnam and the Thai system is becoming very blurry. It is hard to differentiate one from the other.