Specific CCSA to be set up for Bangkok as fight against COVID-19 intensifies

snoop1130

30-travellers.jpg

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has intensified efforts to contain the continuing surge of COVID-19 infections in Bangkok and its peripherals by setting up an “area CCSA”, also headed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

CCSA spokesman Dr. Taweesin Visanuyothin said today (Tuesday) that a special meeting of the CCSA today also decided to set up similar centres in all 50 districts of Bangkok, to be led by district chief officers, tasked with monitoring and handling efforts to stem the spread of the disease, including screening and vaccination.

956 new infections were recorded in Bangkok and its suburbs today and 794 cases in the rest of the country.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/specific-ccsa-to-be-set-up-for-bangkok-as-fight-against-covid-19-intensifies/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2021-05-04

12 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

setting up an “area CCSA”, also headed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

Is there anything this man can't do? Fully expect him to be on the grid along side Lewis or Valentino for the upcoming F1/MotoGP races or maybe breaking the course record at the next open golf course. (I think he may be related to Fatboy Kim)

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Is there anything this man can't do? Fully expect him to be on the grid along side Lewis or Valentino for the upcoming F1/MotoGP races or maybe breaking the course record at the next open golf course. (I think he may be related to Fatboy Kim)

Indeed. Surprise, surprise, the Thailand Covid Czar has made himself the Bangkok Covid Czar as well.

1 hour ago, Caldera said:

Indeed. Surprise, surprise, the Thailand Covid Czar has made himself the Bangkok Covid Czar as well.

I'd be worried in Klong Toey, he might treat them the same as migrants in Samut Sakorn and fence them in.

While the hundreds of Bangkokians still have freedom of movement to keep the infection spreading.

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The Centre for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) has intensified efforts to contain the continuing surge of COVID-19 infections in Bangkok and its peripherals by setting up an “area CCSA”, also headed by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

Should have started that effort after a bunch of Hiso government bigwigs partied like it's 1999, contracted Covid, then were allow to travel all across Thailand for Songkran in order to spread it and create the regional epidemic we have today.  This could have been contained by limiting travel - but "Noooo."
Uncle Tu and friends screwed up beyond all repair.  And now?  Punish the plebeians for the sins of their "betters."

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

I'd be worried in Klong Toey, he might treat them the same as migrants in Samut Sakorn and fence them in.

While the hundreds of Bangkokians still have freedom of movement to keep the infection spreading.

The fence is being erected as I write this reply.