Nespresso VS Dolce Gusto coffee machines, it seems that Dolce tastes as good as Nespresso ? Which machine do you have ?

hello,

I never wanted to give any money to Nespresso anymore but they are now selling the cheap Dolce Gusto machines.

Do you have one and which model please ?

I can't see any with more than 15 bar ? Nespresso cheapest is 19.

Coffee seems to be as good with dolce gusto, just less choice, can you confirm ?

Thank you.

I have a Krups Mini Me machine which is Dolce Gusto compatible.

These days I generally buy Cafecaps capsules from Lazada rather than the Nescafe originals mainly because I prefer to taste and they are slightly cheaper, particularly if you buy in bulk.

They also sell unsweetened milk capsules if you want a frothy, milky coffee.

• Like 1

I happened to b in tesco way back nespresso compatible pods ..on clearance 20 baht for ten ..I took..the lot ..bargain ..as mentioned lazada good try ..has?anyone tried reusable metal pods..I like my machine but I ain't no exoert on the subject .. ..

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:18 PM, l4ml4m said:

Coffee seems to be as good with dolce gusto, just less choice

Swiss gold cup filter has many advantages over machines, way cheaper for a start, unlimited choice of coffee grinds to use, complete control over strength, requires no electricity, doesn't break down and can be used for mugs too.!

Might be worth looking into.!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Iforbach said:

I happened to b in tesco way back nespresso compatible pods ..on clearance 20 baht for ten ..I took..the lot ..bargain ..as mentioned lazada good try ..has?anyone tried reusable metal pods..I like my machine but I ain't no exoert on the subject .. ..

I have a couple of stainless steel re-usable pods. They aren't too bad just a bit of messing around to use them. Gone back to a Cafetiere.

• Haha 1

I started with their subscription, and got machine for free. But sadly I don't drink coffee and their non-coffee offerings are getting slimmer and slimmer. Nonetheless, here are all the machines they offer right now: https://www.dolce-gusto.co.th/en/machines-and-accessories

You can get subscriptions for discounted capsules on same site.

I use Drop. Previously had Genio.

Edited by tomazbodner
  • Like 1

I've never had a capsule machine and still use an old Starbucks' machine which is now an antique. I've had various machines over the last 35 or so years since the machines first came out. 

Nespresso always gets great reviews in publications like Consumer Reports, but such reviews are easily manipulated by large companies. Personally I don't care for capsule coffee and like too be able to pick my own brand. I don't care for Starbucks' coffee and use a brand called Bon Cafe which seems to work wonderfully well with my Starbucks' machine.

• Haha 1

On 5/6/2021 at 8:30 AM, millymoopoo said:

Swiss gold cup filter has many advantages over machines, way cheaper for a start, unlimited choice of coffee grinds to use, complete control over strength, requires no electricity, doesn't break down and can be used for mugs too.!

Might be worth looking into.!

yes , you can also drive a toyota, but not my style sorry, I have a face and style...