Smoking in room.

16 minutes ago, Patanawet said:

He is objecting to my partner smoking on our balcony, saying it permeates into the room, then out of closed doors and windows into a communal area.

I'd tell him to take it up with your partner.

Why get involved when he isn't complaining about you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, northsouthdevide said:

Legal or not, I don't know,

But if I had a choice of living  next door to your partner, or your neighbour, I'd pick the neighbour every time.

Thanks but you did not answer my question.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thailand passed a law making it illegal to smoke in your home, there is no law about smoking outside on the balcony.

Where did it say the partner was female, or the OP was male for that matter?

"Thailand passed a law making it illegal to smoke in your home, there is no law about smoking outside on the balcony".

Didn't say that there is.

"Where did it say the partner was female, or the OP was male for that matter?"

Where does it say that they aren't but what does it matter what I assumed?   I was addressing the smoking problem, not the sex of those involved.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thailand passed a law making it illegal to smoke in your home, there is no law about smoking outside on the balcony.

Thanks, that's the  info I was after.

3 minutes ago, Patanawet said:
35 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Thanks, that's the  info I was after.

Don't be so sure that it's correct in its application to your situation.  Smoking in condos is illegal, apparently.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:
4 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The argument will now extend to ........."is the balcony part of the condo"....rather than "what is the right thing to do"?

From that link...

1. There is a 5 meters exclusion zone around the entrances and exit areas of all significant public spaces.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

From that link...

1. There is a 5 meters exclusion zone around the entrances and exit areas of all significant public spaces.

Only playing devil's advocate.......apartments aren't public spaces......so balconies might not be covered by that!!!

• Like 1

If your partner is smoking too frequent then this is a problem, but you might want to ask your partner to do it later at night. Or you could just tell you neighbor to close their balcony door or window when they smell the smoke because it is not their place or a common shared place. I can see both points. Electronic cigs you can't even smell.  . 

• Sad 1

Our condo does (among other things) not allow smoking on balcony or common areas and implies fines for each reported case. They also impose fines for not wearing mask in common area.

They are all listed in the house rules in their Home app. Along with fines.

All they collect is donated to Red Cross though.

• Like 2

This could potentially be applied:

Here at my condo they put up up a bunch of signs saying no smoking in the condo, on the balcony, or common areas, besides of in designated smoking areas.

It's by the way absolutely possible that the smell from the balcony enters his condo, so be considerate and tell your partner to stop smoking, whatever any laws or rules say.

• Thanks 2