What happens to my pink ID & ID number if I'm removed from the yellow house book?

9 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It should be the same duration regardless.

Both Thai and ID cards for foreigners are issued under the Civil Registration Act.

Tanoshi, read my post under your previous quotation. They ARE for different durations.

9 hours ago, Chris4466 said:

I am going to switch this back to my passport though, because when your licence is linked to your pink ID, you cannot drive outside of your province (the notes mention this on the reverse).

This is not the case. If you are stopped by anyone and asked for ID, you would show them your DL. No need ot show your pink ID,which does say you can't travel outside the province, as the card is not official and they just, for some reason, started giving Westerners the same card that they give stateless people. 

image.png.443b291b3127da8daaabefe039f91be0.png

8 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

the card is not official and they just, for some reason, started giving Westerners the same card that they give stateless people. 

Not official as far as an ID card. I think you are a tad confused.  They did not just start giving these cards out either has been going on for a long time not just started as you wrote

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Not official as far as an ID card. I think you are a tad confused.  They did not just start giving these cards out either has been going on for a long time not just started as you wrote

The Civil registration act was amended in 2008 and again in 2016, when many Westerners started to get one. Before 2016, my province refused to give them to Westerners, ubt after 2016, had no choice, due to the law.

Just now, Neeranam said:

The Civil registration act was amended in 2008 and again in 2016, when many Westerners started to get one. Before 2016, my province refused to give them to Westerners, ubt after 2016, had no choice, due to the law.

And I obtained mine in 2012. I am not a stateless person or migrant worker. Only the 2nd person in the district I lived in at the time.  The other was an old retired expat from the US and is how I found out about it.

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

And I obtained mine in 2012. I am not a stateless person or migrant worker. Only the 2nd person in the district I lived in at the time.  The other was an old retired expat from the US and is how I found out about it.

Nearly all white foreigners with this card, got it after 2016. Does yours have "Non-Thai ID card" in English?

5 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Nearly all white foreigners with this card, got it after 2016. Does yours have "Non-Thai ID card" in English?

No it and my name are all in Thai script

20191129_143100.jpg

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

No it and my name are all in Thai script

Right, the same as stateless people got. I suspect someone t the town house didn't know what they were doing. Does yours say on the back that you can't travel outside the province?

3 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Right, the same as stateless people got. I suspect someone t the town house didn't know what they were doing. Does yours say on the back that you can't travel outside the province?

No it does not.  The local khet here in Bangkok when they changed the address on it for me 2 months ago, never said anything either.  I now have reread the top and I am a stateless person....lol 

Edited by ThailandRyan

No it does not.  The local khet here in Bangkok when they changed the address on it for me 2 months ago, never said anything either.  I now have reread the top and I am a stateless person....lol 

Any chance you could take a photo of the back of the card? I'm pretty sure you have the 'stateless' one. 

12 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Any chance you could take a photo of the back of the card? I'm pretty sure you have the 'stateless' one. 

It is identical to the 1st one in your attachment, but does not have the last bullet line indicating can not travel without certain papers.  Pretty strange really. I never thought about it in comparison to the newer cards.  My GFs looks like the 1st one.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

Maybe when it expires next July and I go to update it i will get the new style, and maybe that was why they never changed anything on it except my address.  The package had to be sent from the prior province who issued it so the Khet here had it.  

Edited by ThailandRyan

5 hours ago, Neeranam said:

And blue ones, but feel free not to listen to anyone.

The discussion was NEVER about the duration of Blue ID cards, it was ALWAYS about the duration of PINK ID cards. SO feel free to actually read what is being discussed, especially when proof has been posted about the duration of the PINK ID card, and for the dummies it's 10 years not 8. Also I NEVER questioned the duration of the blue ID cards, so you really do need to read and comprehend what is being written before posting inane/irrelevant comments like the one above.

• Sad 1

On 5/6/2021 at 5:53 PM, TigerandDog said:

what can I say. My District Office says it's 10 years and the cards they issue ( Thai & Foreigner ) are all for 10 years if under 60. My wifes is for 10 years, her aunt is for 10 years.

A correction to my post. My wife's and her aunt's BLUE ID cards are for 8 years.

• Haha 1

On 5/7/2021 at 1:44 PM, ubonjoe said:

No

Just looked another card that was issued in 2015 and it expires in 2023. I think Thai ID's are still only issued for 8 years.

Yes, you are correct. Thai IDs are 8 years. 

9 hours ago, Neeranam said:

This is not the case. If you are stopped by anyone and asked for ID, you would show them your DL. No need ot show your pink ID,which does say you can't travel outside the province, as the card is not official and they just, for some reason, started giving Westerners the same card that they give stateless people. 

image.png.443b291b3127da8daaabefe039f91be0.png

I have the one on the left (there's no English text on mine which is also why I couldn't use it to fly)... So, do I have the wrong type of card or is this the only style issued to foreigners who are not registered migrant workers?

Also, on your point, what's interesting is that also on the back of my driving licence it says it's not valid outside of the province. So it's a little pointless because if I'm likely to drive, it would be to hire a car from Bangkok to go to another province but I can't do that because my licence is linked to my pink ID. I'd have to hire a car with my international licence instead. When I'm due to renew, I'll link it back to my passport because I didn't have that restriction previously...