You have been made King of the world – What Would You Do ?

14 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I forgot:

I would ban all those crazy feminists who want all the power for (old and ugly) women.

Women should have equal rights, not better rights than men.

Women want equal rights but with special privilege's because their women .

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Outlaw all weapons

Set up a council that will look after all communities.

I would not outlaw religion because that has been tried and failed.  I would mandate that any war or crime committed in the name of religion would be a death sentence.

Get rid of politicians and the Main stream media.

There was one which sprung to my mind right away. I would ban coups, and immediately jail all those responsible. Every country would be ruled individually through the ballet box only.

1 hour ago, allanos said:

Begs the question "in what language did the alien speak to you when he made you 'King of the World'"? How could you possibly understand him?

It's the same conundrum I have with Adam of the Old Testament, Moses of the burning bush fame, Mohammed and his visitations, and those of Joseph Smith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and his golden tablets.

In what language did the unearthly beings involved in all of these instances communicate?

Telepathy requires no language but that of the recipient.

And of course, there is the "universal translator" you never seen Star Trek....lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I have to admit I would love that. 

I don’t have an immediate list that comes to mind.

I would rather be very spontaneous and have fun with it on a daily basis

But some things do come to mind.

Such as no cod pieces, no service

English only globally as I suck at languages

White nationalists to be shipped to the Congo to work as "servants"

Open borders for Thailand. Native Thais however would be required to do address reports in person every other day and if their bank balance went under the required level to be deported. 

To which country would you deport the Thia's?  More to the point who would have them?

16 hours ago, Scott said:

Well, I would just "Like to teach the world to sing in perfect harmony...."????

I would ban "music" that was not played by musical instruments. ie sounds made up on a computer. I would not allow musicians and vocalists who were not up to a certain standard near a recording studio., I am not saying everyone should sing like Elvis, Roy Orbison or George Jones, but there should be a certain standard.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, cobra said:

Some very good points,

I'll sign off on the golf thing too as long as it involves a clown head, windmill, and colored balls ???? 

What's wrong with balls you have now??

10 hours ago, Crossy said:

Truth can be stranger than fiction :-

Senator Andrea Guglieri the mayor of Diano Marina, a small family resort west of Genoa, and his council drew up a plan in 2000 to ban fat and ugly women from walking around in two-piece costumes.

Traffic wardens were to be entrusted with the task of stopping and examining women to ensure that they passed eight out of ten requirements, ranging from the size of their bust to the firmness of their buttocks. New applicants flooded the predominantly male traffic warden force, and sexual harassment suits were expected to follow.

Signor Guglieri also said there was no reason why bare-torsoed men sporting tight or daringly cut trunks should not be made to pass a similar set of requirements.

A local newspaper cast aspersions on Signore Guglieri's own looks - and called for all ugly mayors to be sacked!

One can't imagine such a row taking place in Weston-Super-Mare or Bournemouth (well actually, it could happen in Bournemouth).

I have to pick you up on this Crossy. It is now Bournemouth Poole and Christchurch as one entity. It happened while being away so can't say when, how or why.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

If I were king of the world, I certainly would go to meet Thai prostitutes. 

Now there's a bummer. I thought you knew, there are no prostitutes in Thailand????

35 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Telepathy requires no language but that of the recipient.

And of course, there is the "universal translator" you never seen Star Trek....lol

In fact, I have not even seen or viewed ONE episode of Star Trek.  I guess the Universal Translator might solve the problem, Lol!

Not too sure about the first part of your reply, though.  When transferring one's thoughts, they would surely need to be unscrambled by the recipient into something equally meaningful as the original transmission?

I don't believe you have satisfactorily solved my "puzzle". I could go on and ask the question, "how does a burning bush talk"? ????

3 minutes ago, allanos said:

In fact, I have not even seen or viewed ONE episode of Star Trek.  I guess the Universal Translator might solve the problem, Lol!

Not too sure about the first part of your reply, though.  When transferring one's thoughts, they would surely need to be unscrambled by the recipient into something equally meaningful as the original transmission?

I don't believe you have satisfactorily solved my "puzzle". I could go on and ask the question, "how does a burning bush talk"? ????

Could not the information be in image form thus no language /translation required. But ut was said lightheartedly in jest , not a statement of fact ! Hence the Star Trek reference, coukdnt really take that seriously surely.

I would ban all social media, require all religions to pay at least 50% in taxes on gross income, make all assault weapons illegal, and divide what is now China into small districts based on ethnicity.

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

To which country would you deport the Thia's?  More to the point who would have them?

Maybe randomly but mostly Greenland in winter. I'd be in charge remember? They'd have to take them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

I think you illustrated that w/parts of your wishes posting... 

As for me, I would resign. 

Yeah I'd be really bad. No doubt. But it would be loads of fun. Nice work if you can get it.

As King of the World with any draconian measures you would need help and a whole shipload of Enforcers.

But you wouldn't last 5 minutes before you were assassinated!

When you have that much power - somebody will want to take it from you!

20 hours ago, tomgreen said:

People with extreme and radical views would be banished to special rehabilitation camps housed on isolated remote islands.

I would say you might be one of the first inhabitants of that island.

15 hours ago, Walker88 said:

... All QAnons, Lunar-tics ("fake moon landing"), 9-11 Truthers, and "Stolen Election" types would be required to repeat their entire primary education, ...

Don't forget the Flat Earthers,