You have been made King of the world – What Would You Do ?

5 hours ago, ChrisKC said:

As King of the World with any draconian measures you would need help and a whole shipload of Enforcers.

But you wouldn't last 5 minutes before you were assassinated!

When you have that much power - somebody will want to take it from you!

This leader by definition would be immortal not to mention immoral. Who's going to tell us about how you would run your harem?

On 5/4/2021 at 10:09 PM, tomgreen said:

You are granted indisputable and unquestionable power over all the inhabitants of Earth along with the ability for you to live forever.

Around one billion years from now, the sun's increasing luminosity will render Earth uninhabitable. Does this mean the alien who bestowed these magic powers will return before that happens to transport me to another habitable planet? Or would the alien powers determine I had outlived my usefulness as an ambassador and renege on our agreement?

2 hours ago, fusion58 said:

Around one billion years from now, the sun's increasing luminosity will render Earth uninhabitable. Does this mean the alien who bestowed these magic powers will return before that happens to transport me to another habitable planet? Or would the alien powers determine I had outlived my usefulness as an ambassador and renege on our agreement?

Umm. This isn't real. Just for fun. Don't be a Debbie Downer. 

On 5/5/2021 at 6:26 AM, jak2002003 said:

I would....

Ban religion.

Ban countries. Just have the world as one big country and complete freedom to live and work anywhere you wanted. No visas, passports etc.

Outlaw one use plastic. 

Cap on how much money and assets someone could have. No one needs expensive cars and houses when others live in poverty. 

Ban factory farming.

Make everything organic.

Euthanasia a right for everyone.

Ban marriage. Just live together if you love each other.

One child per woman to lower our population.

No weapons. 

1 third of the planet left totally for nature and wild animals..wilderness. 

Anyone that committed extreme violent crime, murders or serious sexual offences will be executed. 

Equal rights and respect for everyone, men, women, disabled people, race, sexuality etc. 

I know it's a joke OP, but the above is taking it seriously, and some suggestions I agree, with others not.

My version would be

Ban religion.

People need some sort of religion so I wouldn't ban all, but I'd combine the best of each into one super religion. I would ban all funny hats and costumes.

Ban countries. Just have the world as one big country and complete freedom to live and work anywhere you wanted. No visas, passports etc.

Agree, but no one can move and live off benefits ( I'd ban all benefits except for medical and old age reasons anyway- no degree is needed to cut grass )- everyone capable of working would have to work for credits. Those that wanted to better themselves would get free night school education- kindergarten, school and university/ vocational college all free.

Outlaw one use plastic. 

I'd ban all un necessary pollution and dumping rubbish into the sea would be a criminal offense with a lifetime in jail on conviction.

Cap on how much money and assets someone could have. No one needs expensive cars and houses when others live in poverty. 

I'd ban physical money and precious metal, art works, diamonds, etc as capital- the end of the stock market, the black market and gambling, including lotto. People would earn credits for work that would be exchanged for goods. If one wanted a fancy car, one would have to work for it.

Owning property would end ( everything would be leased ), and all land would be owned by the government. Land tax would replace individual taxes.

Everyone would get a house to live in and enough good food to eat. If they want a fancy house and luxury toys they'd have to work harder.

Dentists and health care/ hospital would be free. Nurses would be credited with what they are worth ie nurses would earn a lot of credit, but music stars and film stars would earn what nurses earn now.

Enough psychologists would be trained that everyone that needs counseling could have it.

Ban factory farming.

Absolutely. Anyone being cruel to animals would be severely punished.

Make everything organic.

Yes.

Euthanasia a right for everyone.

100%. Also any drug of any sort would be free. If someone wants to poison themselves to death with heroin, that's their right. Because it'd be on demand and free, they wouldn't have to steal to get it.

Ban marriage. Just live together if you love each other.

100% No fault breakups and free counseling during and after as required.

One child per woman to lower our population.

In my world the population would be lowered to and capped at 3 billion by eliminating births to all except for selected persons that are genetically and psychologically fit to raise children.

All other people of child bearing age would be sterilized, so they could enjoy sex, but not produce children.

No weapons. 

All military would be disbanded. Civil defense organizations would be set up instead. VSA would be expanded

1 third of the planet left totally for nature and wild animals..wilderness. 

I wouldn't put a figure on it, but certainly large areas such as the Amazon basin would be preserved as wilderness

Anyone that committed extreme violent crime, murders or serious sexual offences will be executed. 

Death is a too merciful punishment for such crimes IMO and many innocents have been wrongfully convicted, so I'd make it solitary confinement till death in prison ( in a desert far away from civilization and no visitors ).

Equal rights and respect for everyone, men, women, disabled people, race, sexuality etc. 

Yes, except respect has to be earned- it's not, IMO a right. Equal rights- certainly.

Other things I'd do would be:

everyone would have access to a garden to grow their own vegetables.

noise pollution would be a crime. If you like your music loud- use headphones.

ban cheap, mass air travel by aeroplanes for tourism.

trains would be prioritized over roads.

make all ships carrying non perishable cargo use wind power to move

make prostitution a recognized occupation.

ban PC in any shape or form. Humour would be a compulsory school subject. Children would learn that not everyone is a winner and hard work and effort bring rewards.

Politicians would serve only 2 terms and lobbyists banned. Speechwriters banned- politicians would have to write their own speeches.

Hydrogen would become the primary motive power.

"smart" phones banned, and no children allowed to use any form of computerization in school.

All school children would have to participate in physical sport of some sort and proper eating habits would be instilled to prevent obesity.

All school children would have to learn to play a musical instrument.

Sugar would be banned from supermarket food.

From 18 to 20, every person would have to serve in a "National Service" organization to instill discipline and make people realise that they are all the same under the skin. Singapore had great success in eliminating race problems with their compulsory national service.

That'll do for now.

On 5/5/2021 at 6:42 AM, bendejo said:

Rap music would no longer exist.

The last Bob Dylan album released would be Blonde on Blonde.  All in the name of cultural purity, of course.

All movies with Bill Murray and Nicholas Cage will be destroyed.  (This list will grow)

If any dictator banned rap I'd welcome them with open arms.

Bob Dylan would be elevated to a hero of the world and his music would be compulsory listening for all.

Add Adam Sandler and Steve Carell to that list, not forgetting Rebel Wilson, and any actresses playing Catwoman.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On 5/5/2021 at 7:36 AM, Lacessit said:

Every student would have to attend and pass a minimum number of hours of education in physics, chemistry and biology. The people that fail would repeat until they passed.

Did you forget mathematics? Without that the rest will be difficult. History would also be useful to remind people what happens when we forget history.

5 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If any dictator banned rap I'd welcome them with open arms.

Bob Dylan would be elevated to a hero of the world and his music would be compulsory listening for all.

Add Adam Sandler and Steve Carell to that list, not forgetting Rebel Wilson, and any actresses playing Catwoman.

With those I would appreciate the euthanasia option even more !

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2021 at 3:09 AM, tomgreen said:

People with extreme and radical views would be banished to special rehabilitation camps housed on isolated remote islands.

Who defines extreme and radical?

If one of those islands is Koh Phangan I volunteer to go there.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:19 PM, BritManToo said:

I'm not all that big on solving world problems or telling other people what to do.

I'm sure you could overcome that reluctance if you had a go at it.

Remember that YOU could ban wives refusing husbands sex or taking everything in the divorce.

On 5/5/2021 at 8:00 PM, allanos said:

Begs the question "in what language did the alien speak to you when he made you 'King of the World'"? How could you possibly understand him?

It's the same conundrum I have with Adam of the Old Testament, Moses of the burning bush fame, Mohammed and his visitations, and those of Joseph Smith of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and his golden tablets.

In what language did the unearthly beings involved in all of these instances communicate?

Have you never watched an alien on earth movie? They have one of those handy Star Trek automatic translation devices pinned to their tunic.

12 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I'm sure you could overcome that reluctance if you had a go at it.

Remember that YOU could ban wives refusing husbands sex or taking everything in the divorce.

Too late.

I'm actually OK with the way things worked out.

If she hadn't divorced me, I'd have been sleeping with a 64 year old woman last night.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Why so small? Have a 150 foot 4 masted clipper and you could have way more pretty crew members to keep you occupied.

I'd like something I could manage on my own.

They're not all that expensive, plenty for sale s/h at around 90,000-100,000 Euros.

I could just about afford to buy one, but I'm a little old to be out in it much now.

Just now, BritManToo said:

I'd like something I could manage on my own.

They're not all that expensive, plenty for sale s/h at around 90,000-100,000 Euros.

I could just about afford to buy one, but I'm a little old to be out in it much now.

Did you forget that the thread is about being king of the world. You can have as much money as you like, and as you will live forever, only 2 pretties might get a bit boring.

9 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Did you forget that the thread is about being king of the world. You can have as much money as you like, and as you will live forever, only 2 pretties might get a bit boring.

2 pretties per trip would be more than enough for me.

PS. The living forever bit, would I be getting older and more infirm in this 'forever', or would I get a reset to an age of my choice? Being 'King of the world' doesn't imply eternal youth IMHO.

PPS. As a despotic King of the world, I'd be likely to bring back the inquisition and wipe the world free of other religions, along with burning witches, all in God's name you understand.

Best to leave me alone on my boat with the pretties.

Edited by BritManToo

On 5/5/2021 at 11:07 AM, KC 71 said:

Blimey, I bet your parties are fun !

I didn't think of parties, but-

if I were King of the world everyone would have to go line dancing every Saturday night and country/ folk would be the only music allowed, anywhere. That'd really sort the "cool kids", LOL.

I can see how being King of the world could be a whole lotta fun.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

if I were King of the world everyone would have to go line dancing every Saturday night and country/ folk would be the only music allowed,

.......country/folk music is covid for the ears.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and if I were king of the world every person that played rap loudly enough for me to hear would be condemned to imprisonment where they had to listen to country music 24/7.

That is harsh......555