Transfers using Wise.com

1 minute ago, CharlieH said:

I tend to not put too much in the notice that pops up immediately on transfer. The most recent of mine said "within 6 hours" in reality it hit the account in seconds.

Well I here what you say but usually over the last 3 years what they say turns out to be a correct transfer time more or less in my case irrespective of whether it is to Kasikorn or Bangkok bank.

1 minute ago, Excel said:

Well I here what you say but usually over the last 3 years what they say turns out to be a correct transfer time more or less in my case irrespective of whether it is to Kasikorn or Bangkok bank.

You have considerably more experience than me. I have only used them a few months, I did notice a big difference though since switching it to Kasikorn, previously on TMB which took hours (but still same day).

6 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

You have considerably more experience than me. I have only used them a few months, I did notice a big difference though since switching it to Kasikorn, previously on TMB which took hours (but still same day).

In days gone by personal preference for banking in Thailand has been Thai Farmers bank and then of course it became  Kasikorn, other than HSBC until they pulled out of retail services.  As I  use the income method for my extensions nowadays I had to revert to Bangkok Bank for many of my transfers since the UK embassy gave up on helping their nationals.. Now I think that as BBL are their main banking partner here that is where the issue arise I suspect.

Edited by Excel
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

I tend to not put too much in the notice that pops up immediately on transfer. The most recent of mine said "within 6 hours" in reality it hit the account in seconds.

Same here.  They said it should arrive by 1600 hrs today but in actual fact it arrived within seconds - SMS bank alert.

I remember in a previous thread on 'Wise transfers', I stated that there were no such thing as instant international money transfers.  I'll take it all back.

Long may it continue.

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 5:59 AM, sirineou said:

What is a borderless account, and why would one need one.

In the past we traveled in and out of Thailand every year and carried money in, but now that I am retired, and I am here long term I need to learn the best way to term I need to learn new tricks.

Have a Thai account and transfer money to it either using Transferwise....ooop, I mean Wise, or another bank's SWIFT type facility. Do not convert to Baht before transfer, let the Thai bank do that.

Edited by jacko45k

35 minutes ago, Excel said:

Strange but today did a transfer at 9:40 am this morning, yet Wise states it will reach my bank account Monday pm.

If the reason for the transfer is for long term stay in Thailand, this changes the process and can result in longer waits IME.  Perhaps the cut off time is earlier for this to make it on the same day?

On 5/6/2021 at 5:47 AM, scubascuba3 said:

was it a larger amount? extra checks are required if it triggers a limit, probably money laundering checks

They don't do large amounts.... I mean 2 Mil Baht is their limit.

I had a problem with an Oz debit card-- although they said they would sort it out for next time.

For security, I have a bank account with non transferable transactions out side off the account. Have a Debit card which I transfer into when I wish to purchase or send             money / Grand-kids birthdays etc etc. Then the Debit card sits there near empty, just had a problem last time when I wanted "Wise" to transfer from it to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, treetops said:

If the reason for the transfer is for long term stay in Thailand, this changes the process and can result in longer waits IME.  Perhaps the cut off time is earlier for this to make it on the same day?

No, 10am as I stated and what Transferwise confirmed as I previously said. Apart from that it is around the same time as I always do my transfers, which have all arrived same day, until today and also irrespective day of the week, full moon, or any other obtuse explanations that may be put forward.

Edited by Excel

Made close on 200 Wise transfers (GBP from UK) over last 3/4 years to my SCB and BBank accounts. Only had a couple of delays in the early days, for which I was compensated by fee free transfers. No complaints there.

To ensure same banking day credit (SCB - 1pm / BBank - 2pm) my transfers are set up prior to 8.30am Thai time. That works for me.

I did have an issue with a transfer from my UK bank to Wise a year or so back when there was a problem with the UK faster payment system. My UK bank were claiming the transfer had gone through and passed the blame to Wise. I requested assistance from Wise and they responded quickly to my query. As it happened the UK bank was the problem - took 10 days to sort out but received compensation for delay. The response from Wise was excellent whereas my UK bank were amateur hour.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, dabhand said:

Made close on 200 Wise transfers (GBP from UK) over last 3/4 years to my SCB and BBank accounts. Only had a couple of delays in the early days, for which I was compensated by fee free transfers. No complaints there.

To ensure same banking day credit (SCB - 1pm / BBank - 2pm) my transfers are set up prior to 8.30am Thai time. That works for me.

I did have an issue with a transfer from my UK bank to Wise a year or so back when there was a problem with the UK faster payment system. My UK bank were claiming the transfer had gone through and passed the blame to Wise. I requested assistance from Wise and they responded quickly to my query. As it happened the UK bank was the problem - took 10 days to sort out but received compensation for delay. The response from Wise was excellent whereas my UK bank were amateur hour.

I am from the UK and have used TW for several years. I make a transfer of 65,100thb every month just to satisfy IMM.

About 9pm yesterday evening I ordered and paid for the usual. They said arrive on 10th.

Just checked my bank account(Bangkok Bank) and money arrived 2pm today….

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

larger amounts that trigger anti money laundering checks are probably circ £10,000

No ---their limit is 2 Mil Baht.  Different countries different checks, but for Thailand they will not move more then 2 Mil.  There are about 3-4 other sites opening up now--   but I find Wise quite good

4 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

No ---their limit is 2 Mil Baht.  Different countries different checks, but for Thailand they will not move more then 2 Mil.  There are about 3-4 other sites opening up now--   but I find Wise quite good

2m baht has nothing to do with the point, what are you on about, transfers get delayed when extra checks take place, nothing to do with Wise having a 2m limit

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

2m baht has nothing to do with the point, what are you on about, transfers get delayed when extra checks take place, nothing to do with Wise having a 2m limit

What am I on about----you rattling on about checks.... It took Wise just the same time to send 1.75 mIl Baht--last month as it did to send my friends 20K Baht.....but your still on about delays from checks.

Can we close this tread? As usual, it's gone off track.

I was asking if anyone here had or was having a problem with Wise....

Apparently no one  (except me)on this forum...so thanks for the replies, helpful or not.

Edited by JohnOFphon

2 minutes ago, JohnOFphon said:

Apparently no one on this forum...so thanks for the replies, helpful or not.

My Wise to Kasikorn transfer yesterday which took seconds - Dummy branch MCL07416

2 minutes ago, anchadian said:

My Wise to Kasikorn transfer yesterday which took seconds - Dummy branch MCL07416

Good for you.

I assume you're using the direct method..not ACH like me. I send money from my bank, to NYC Wise, and then from there to Bangkok bank here.

Apples and oranges.

I sent 200 on Wed using the direct method. It arrived the next day...the way it has always arrived in the past.

I sent 2200 the day before. ACH...my bank to NYC Wise.

They are holding my money until Mon...I hope only until Mon.

I think the problem....for me...is using the Borderless account...They since changed the name of that account too. Forgot what it is now...not important.

It may cost more to use the Direct method, but that's what I may do next month.

On 5/6/2021 at 10:47 AM, kidneyw said:

From UK it is usually easy and instantaneous, but yesterday it took eleven hours, for some reason.

Similar here. Normally instantaneous from UK to Kasikorn but yesterday took 3 hours. 

Edited by Stanton681
Shortened.

• 1 month later...
On 5/6/2021 at 6:46 AM, JohnOFphon said:

Since no one else has responded about having this problem

on facebook : TransferWise Wise Scam Victims.

on top of the usual culprits, there are typical european surnames.

it only refers to wise account

On 5/7/2021 at 2:47 PM, Excel said:

No, 10am as I stated and what Transferwise confirmed as I previously said. Apart from that it is around the same time as I always do my transfers, which have all arrived same day, until today and also irrespective day of the week, full moon, or any other obtuse explanations that may be put forward.

may i ask you some info regarding WISE account?

On 5/8/2021 at 6:46 AM, JohnOFphon said:

Apparently no one  (except me)on this forum...so thanks for the replies, helpful or not.

recently there are problems with WISE, mostly related to account.but also to the bank transfer method