Government Hospital's Medication Pricing

rcuthbert

My expat pal has been stricken with insomnia; consequently, he has been searching - for weeks - for the proper medicines. He tried the antihistamines, but the following day - they made him groggy and forgetful. The clinics would not give him any tranquilizers. Only one pharmacy offered them to him , but they wanted 500 baht for 10 tabs. I suggested that the go to Banglamung Hospital.

He registered, saw a nurse, then waited 20 minutes to see a doctor. Not only was he prescribed 90 generic Valium, he had a cyst examined, and he was given an appointment to see a surgeon. The total cost was 345 baht. 200 baht for the doctor visit, 100 baht the the surgeon booking, and 45 baht for the medicine.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I hope he is aware that valium is highly addictive. And that he will build a tolerance to it such that it stops working if he takes it every night.

With respect, what are your medical qualifications?

19 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

With respect, what are your medical qualifications?

Lengthy and impressive, if you've been reading TVF for more than a month you would understand that already!

3 hours ago, Brierley said:

Lengthy and impressive, if you've been reading TVF for more than a month you would understand that already!

My post was meant to make folks aware that good inexpensive medicines are available. So please stick to the topic.

29 minutes ago, rcuthbert said:

My post was meant to make folks aware that good inexpensive medicines are available. So please stick to the topic.

I will, just so long as you stop questioning the medical qualifications of the forums most trusted medical expert.

Edited by Brierley