Pattaya: Thai man's car - and ONE MILLION baht in cash - goes up in flames

webfact

5 hours ago, Susco said:

LOL, you are correct, I mistook the mm for cm.

Apologies

Tomatos ,tomato's . 12 or 15 cm you can still hold in 1 hand so going back to the original story he is right that a million baht can be held quit easely in 1 hand . Or you have to have small girly hands ,but i know enough girls that can hold 15cm with their small hands but that's a whole different story ????

• Haha 2

On 5/5/2021 at 9:45 AM, fangless said:

I wonder how large and heavy a bag would be to hold 1Million Baht.

Thats 1000 x 20 baht notes. I imagine 1000 x 1000 baht notes would be a similar size.

20210506_122736.jpg

On 5/5/2021 at 10:12 AM, mahjongguy said:

The cash would stack up to about 12 centimeters. Easy to to hold in one hand. So, pretty much any old plastic bag big enough to hold a large Chang.

Wow, I would have thought a thai bank note was more than 0.00012mm thick.

10 hours ago, honcho said:

im pretty sure insurance do not cover large amounts of cash

Some tourists have tried to claim loss of belongings/cash on their travel insurance.  I agree, I doubt insurance companies would pay for loss of cash.  Next to impossible to prove/disprove the exact amount.   

1 hour ago, Crossy said:

Multiply by 1,000 (assuming 1,000 Baht notes) gives 110mm = 11cm.

So, to keep it simple and avoid accidents with decimal points, the stack in question would be 5 to 6 inches tall. Just depending on the "fluffiness" of the notes, i.e. how used they are.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

So, to keep it simple and avoid accidents with decimal points, the stack in question would be 5 to 6 inches tall. Just depending on the "fluffiness" of the notes, i.e. how used they are.

Inches, you talk of keeping it simple and then use inches!

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:39 AM, keith101 said:

Does he smoke and did he try to through the butt out the window only to have it go into the back seat ?

This wouldn't have happened if he was wearing a mask while driving like everyone's supposed to.

On 5/5/2021 at 7:38 PM, Susco said:

Lot of envy shown in this thread, probably because most of them have never owned 1 million Baht, other than in debt.

If you claim that 100.000 Baht staple is only 1.2 cm high, then I doubt you have ever seen 100K together

I just measured it for you with a digital caliper, and a staple of 100 x 1000 Baht notes = approximately 15 cm, depending on how hard you press the caliper

Learn how to read before calling others jealous. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RobMuir said:

You should read the link.

It didn't say exactly one millions n at all.

Jirayut, 24, said he noticed smoke and stopped. He tried to retrieve a bag containing his phone and one million baht in cash as flames quickly took hold.

This what I based my comment on, grasshopper.

Crack on now.