Ex-opposition activist blasted for using children as political tool to attack gov’t

geovalin

People have expressed disappointment and anger towards a photo posted on social media by former Cambodia National Rescue Party (CNRP) activist Seng Meng Bunrong, showing four children holding messages saying they don’t have food to eat because of the lockdown.

The photos posted on April 30 were shared nearly 6,000 times with over 300 comments criticising the use of children for a politically motivated agenda. The boy was holding a piece of paper that says: “I’m scared of COVID-19, and I have also run out of food supplies.”

The girl next to him was holding another paper saying: “The state does not stand to its responsibility”, while the other two messages read: “I have no money to pay for water, electricity, house rent and the bank”, and, “I have no more rice to cook. I can’t take it anymore”. Citizens were quick to respond, describing the action of Bunrong as just using the kids as political instruments.

read more https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50851321/ex-opposition-activist-blasted-for-using-children-as-political-tool-to-attack-govt/