Thailand reports 2,112 new coronavirus cases, 15 deaths

webfact

21 minutes ago, Guderian said:

At this rate they can forget about reopening to foreign tourism this year, they'll be lucky if they can reopen to domestic tourists before Christmas, lol!

lol??

1 hour ago, johnnybangkok said:

Most office based companies have already taken the initiative and have their staff working from home. I've had mine working from home for the last 3 weeks. Different story with factories and the likes of course but most conscientous employers have taken this difficult decisions as the government is avoiding using the word 'lockdown' like the plague (pun intended).  

The office workers in the company I used to work for (FMCG) has worked from home most of the time since December. Only the sales force is out and not much at that, they've nearly doubled their credit exposure to reduce visits, stopped nearly all top-up sales, the company provides free PPE etc., not the flimsy type.  I find that many companies are acting very responsibly actually. 

• Like 2

Today there were 15 deaths reported in #Thailand:8 male and 7 females
Media age is 68 (50-86 years)
Mainly high blood pressure and diabetes
Infected by family members and at risk locations such as markets
Most in Bangkok (4) and Nonthaburi (2) & Sukhothai (2)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cake Monster said:

With testing in the Klong Toey Communities scheduled at 1000 per Day for the next 20 Days, for sure this will turn into a living Hell for many of those poor people.

Thats a possible 20,000 tested from Communities totaling 90,000+

Being poor in Thailand is a grim future.

If they test +, they get free room and board for two weeks...I'm sure many are jumping at the chance.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Out of the 2,107 local cases, most in:

Bangkok - 789

Nonthaburi - 249

Samut Prakan - 226

Chonburi - 110

Surat Thani - 65

Samut Sakhon - 51

Pathum Thani - 50

Chiang Mai - 40

Songkhla - 36

Nakhon Si Thammarat - 32

Pattani - 32

• Thanks 1

Screenshot_5.jpg.cadcc207115ff747b72c9d4953fa1518.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/posts/4289659317719634

Daily vaccines update, total vaccinations, followed by numbers of first and second doses given since the start of vaccinations.

05-05-21f.jpg.94ab48b08867d333308f7dd3591a1fc4.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/319157303035934

The numbers below show the numbers of first and second vaccine doses given in the past day:

Screenshot_4.jpg.518306d6c1b946b0ec5ce08fcff00454.jpg

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Why should our countries donate anything when their rich have billions upon billions and don't seem to be putting their hands in their pockets? 

Your guess is as good as mine.  However the main man has donated hundreds upon hundreds of Oxygen tanks and supplies from here to India.  Maybe paying it forward but who knows.  Countries help other countries before they even take care of their citizens.  It is called a political game field.

• Confused 1

"FDA Thailand denied the rumor that some Pfizer vaccines have already been imported into the country.
The comments came after Thaksin said on ClubHouse last night that the vaccines are now being shared within a small group of people."

And:

"Office of the Food and Drug Administration by NP. Food and Drug Administration Secretary General confirms that Thailand has not been imported from Pfizer's COVID-19 vaccine.
Pfizer company only has a policy to sell vaccines in public sector and it's still in negotiations. It hasn't been registered so it can't be imported."

If the above comment is accurate, then that means that both Pfizer and Moderna are taking the position they won't sell their vaccines to private parties... At least, that's what the Thai government is saying...  Which may well be a bad sign for the chances of Thai private hospitals being able to source their own supplies of either.

• Like 1

The number of positive cases found via Active Case Finding (random sampling) dropped significantly overnight from 231 to 152. That means that 400+ extra new cases came from contact tracing and walk-ins.

My read is that the positivity rate is declining nationwide but there are some hot spots being addressed now.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:
"FDA Thailand denied the rumor that some Pfizer vaccines have already been imported into the country.
The comments came after Thaksin said on ClubHouse last night that the vaccines are now being shared within a small group of people."

Truth, half-truths, or lies.  Who can tell with this government anymore.  There are always backroom trades and agreements being made to satisfy the rich and elite. You wonder which vaccine Prayut actually got.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

New infections up a tad...but a good percentage drop in deaths; hopefully this means we are nearing the end of the death spike from the record infections of last month attributed to Songkran.

Not likely. Expect double digit deaths into June.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

India got laxed in April and look at the devastating effect of 300,000 new cases daily and thousands of deaths daily.

Thailand did the same by allowing travel during Songkran, I don't see the peak yet.

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

I hope moving forward that any foreign gov donating money to Thailand - be it vaccines or other medical needs - stipulates that Thai gov vaccinate foreigners as well as Thais.  With the Australian gov donating 68 M THB to Thailand, but now the Thai gov states that Thais will be vaccinated before any farangs is pure <deleted>!

With all the corruption in this gov here, they should force some level of transparency before donating any money here too!

This only emphasises how weak and spineless our home country governments are when dealing with corrupt regimes such as Thailand.

Sickening. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PGSan said:

What is this?  How is it calculated? 

Ideally, it’s the number of positive cases identified by random sampling divided by the number of random samples (tests). Unfortunately, the government doesn’t announce the number of random tests on a national basis. But if you assume that the number of random tests is more or less constant from day to day, then you can track the announced number of positive results to determine the movement of the positivity rate.

2 hours ago, HaoleBoy said:

I hope moving forward that any foreign gov donating money to Thailand - be it vaccines or other medical needs - stipulates that Thai gov vaccinate foreigners as well as Thais.  With the Australian gov donating 68 M THB to Thailand, but now the Thai gov states that Thais will be vaccinated before any farangs is pure <deleted>!

With all the corruption in this gov here, they should force some level of transparency before donating any money here too!

Well all Thais before any foreigners is a moot point. 

Giving money away with no transparency, no oversight and no accountability is pure stupidity. Is there really no audit trail for these funds.? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

I feel the "exponential increase" crowd coming on strong with today's report...even though deaths dropped by half from the high of a couple days ago.

Definitely an exponential decay in numbers of deaths since yesterday let's hope the exponential trend in this decay continues.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Week to date, numbers slowly creeping up again, consistent with the positive detection rate and lack of mass testing.

daily tests.png

It looks quite steady to me.  Hopefully the exponential increase predicted after Songkran might not materialise. 

Edited by brewsterbudgen

4 minutes ago, PGSan said:

What does this mean? 

12 minutes ago, PGSan said:
  52 minutes ago, MikeyIdea said:

they've nearly doubled their credit exposure

Credit exposure is the maximum amount of money a company can lose at a given time if say a wholesaler that buys from the company doesn't pay the invoice(s).