Thailand reports 2,112 new coronavirus cases, 15 deaths

webfact

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

5% is the positivity rate that makes decision makers worried. 30% positivity would be scary if it came from random sampling, but it was 30% because of the May 3 holiday. 

What about the 2 days before that the 1st And 2nd May where they had an average of 11,000 lab tests a day, positive percentage above 20 on both days.

In the meantime, it seems that the Department of Medical Science is behind with the reporting of test data, which should normally be weekly.

The last report was 24th April.

https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php

it is also very important to know the number of daily tests in order to make sense of positive cases.

Edited by zhounan

14 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

There was “mass testing” in Klong Toey over the last week, resulting in a 6% positivity rate. Too high, but still not too bad. Anyway, that’s the real number for the worst hotspot in Thailand.

How you now where is Thailands hotspot's if they test only in few place! Covid is every province in country, they should test every province as much they test now in hole country!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

There was “mass testing” in Klong Toey over the last week, resulting in a 6% positivity rate. Too high, but still not too bad. Anyway, that’s the real number for the worst hotspot in Thailand.

They are still testing in Klong Toey.  Not more than 1000 tests a day.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

They are still testing in Klong Toey.  Not more than 1000 tests a day.

I've not seen any mass testing going on in Thailand let alone Klong Toey. They once promised mass testing in the Samut Sakhon outbreak of 5,000 per day but never actually managed that number. In the end they gave up by locking them all in the factories to reach herd immunity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

Apologies if already posted.

https://djay.github.io/covidthailand/

Thailand Covid Data

Thailand Covid case/test/vaccination data gathered and combined from various government sources for others to view or download. Updated between 11:30-12:30 daily

The dreaded GitHub web site with its 70,000 lab tests a day.

I can't say I understand it.

36 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I've not seen any mass testing going on in Thailand let alone Klong Toey. They once promised mass testing in the Samut Sakhon outbreak of 5,000 per day but never actually managed that number. In the end they gave up by locking them all in the factories to reach herd immunity.

Define "mass testing".

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Unless you happen to be a walk in hospital case where its over 12%

I absolutely believe that walk-ins presenting themselves at a hospital have a 12% positivity rate when tested. At least. 

But, an overall 4% positivity rate nationwide indicates this wave is fading. 

Edited by Danderman123

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I absolutely believe that walk-ins presenting themselves at a hospital have a 12% positivity rate when tested. At least. 

Theres alot about, 1,995 today.

Just caught your added edit: Have you noticed the overall figure dark blue has not been updated for a couple of weeks, yet every other variable is rising. I would wait before making predictions because the wave is not fading just yet based on that chart, if anything the swell is increasing.

In addition your mention of 70,000 tests, you should already know that includes repeat tests, would you like another explanation on that or do you already know how many tests a PUI has, or a quarantined person has?

Screen grab from the Github link:

github.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Thanks 1

Was just notified by the GF's ex Thai boyfriend that he and the 3 other family members in their house have tested positive for Covid, they were called this evening and ambulances will be by in the morning to pick them up to take them to a hospital first where they will be given a full checkup and then based upon what is seen they will either be sent to a field hospital or hospital Isolation unit.  The mans GF, who works in a bank, started showing symptoms today with a sore throat and congestion.  Apparently the Mooban has several other cases as well.  This is on the back side of the Don Muang Area bordering Nonthaburi the name of the Area is Saphan Mai in the Bang Khen district. Getting to close to home now.  Thankfully we have her daughter with us as it was the school break, but she was to go back to them this weekend.  So yet another cluster it seems and yes it is running from household to household.....ugh

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Was just notified by the GF's ex Thai boyfriend that he and the 3 other family members in their house have tested positive for Covid, they were called this evening and ambulances will be by in the morning to pick them up to take them to a hospital first where they will be given a full checkup and then based upon what is seen they will either be sent to a field hospital or hospital Isolation unit.  The mans GF, who works in a bank, started showing symptoms today with a sore throat and congestion.  Apparently the Mooban has several other cases as well.  This is on the back side of the Don Muang Area bordering Nonthaburi the name of the Area is Saphan Mai in the Bang Khen district. Getting to close to home now.  Thankfully we have her daughter with us as it was the school break, but she was to go back to them this weekend.  So yet another cluster it seems and yes it is running from household to household.....ugh

Yea when it starts touching close to home you get a real sense of reality, I've had a few close calls lately, the first was those beach parties in Phuket, the cashier from the main one is a friend of my wife's and came over to our house the day after, before it was known that there was a cluster there. She stayed a couple of hours. The following day the news broke out about the cluster and she was tested as a PUI, luckily came back negative but it was a close call as she was taking all the money from everyone at the entrance reception.

The second was my youngest daughter here in Phuket who's 13, her school had a small cluster of 5 people, again luckily it was a different year group so had minimal interaction with the students or teachers concerned.

The third was last week, I shop in Villa Mart everyday in Cherng Talay, they had a case reported there, the first I knew about it was going there as normal in the morning and finding it closed for 4 days for deep clean and a testing van outside asking people if they wanted a test.

Its all rather serious now.

• Thanks 2

Does not make sense only vaccinate only Thai's. If Farangs have family ties or enhancing economy they should be offered vaccine subject to their vulnerability even if they requested to pay cost otherwise Covid cannot be controlled and risk of variants. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Really?

Are you really suggesting that the progression of the epidemic is exactly the same in every country? Tell me how the progression of the epidemic in China or Vietnam has anything to do with the future of the epidemic in Thailand?

the progression depends on the variant by and large, and yes of course the progression is the same, given it has enough hosts to infect, it’s a virus not a conscious lifeform. 
Govts and health professionals can try to intervene to moderate the progress, but only vaccines will stop it. 
Epidemiology is a well understood science, and the fact that you repeatedly comment without understanding what it reveals about this virus, is worrisome. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ourmanflint said:

the progression depends on the variant by and large, and yes of course the progression is the same, given it has enough hosts to infect, it’s a virus not a conscious lifeform. 
Govts and health professionals can try to intervene to moderate the progress, but only vaccines will stop it. 
Epidemiology is a well understood science, and the fact that you repeatedly comment without understanding what it reveals about this virus, is worrisome. 

My point is that you don’t seem to think that the government and professionals can moderate the progress, you post that there is only one outcome - disaster.

9 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yea when it starts touching close to home you get a real sense of reality, I've had a few close calls lately, the first was those beach parties in Phuket, the cashier from the main one is a friend of my wife's and came over to our house the day after, before it was known that there was a cluster there. She stayed a couple of hours. The following day the news broke out about the cluster and she was tested as a PUI, luckily came back negative but it was a close call as she was taking all the money from everyone at the entrance reception.

The second was my youngest daughter here in Phuket who's 13, her school had a small cluster of 5 people, again luckily it was a different year group so had minimal interaction with the students or teachers concerned.

The third was last week, I shop in Villa Mart everyday in Cherng Talay, they had a case reported there, the first I knew about it was going there as normal in the morning and finding it closed for 4 days for deep clean and a testing van outside asking people if they wanted a test.

Its all rather serious now.

Did you opt for the test that was on offer...., guess not that worried ?

4 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Did you opt for the test that was on offer...., guess not that worried ?

No but then hardly anyone did, there was a handful of people standing around in PPE and half a dozen getting tested, guess some people are more worried about being sent to the field hospitals rather than isolate at home where its more sensible if you have no symptoms eh

• Haha 1

Chonburi Public Health Office has just just announced that they have 76
new cases today. The total so far is now 3,041. Most new cases in Bang Lamung/Pattaya (25), Chonburi City (19), and Sriracha (12) #COVID19 #โควิด19 #Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

No but then hardly anyone did, there was a handful of people standing around in PPE and half a dozen getting tested, guess some people are more worried about being sent to the field hospitals rather than isolate at home where its more sensible if you have no symptoms eh

Unfortunately this is the catch 22 factor in the "system. "Isolation" at home potentially is more sensible if the people are sensible. No symptoms means no awareness which leads to abandonment of responsibilities.

"Internment" ,or the risk of, scares people away from potential detection which in turn prolongs community spread and clusters.

Mass vaccination as fast as possible is the most practical way to head the pandemic off.

Heads should  roll for the abysmal management of the situation .

• Like 1

BREAKING: Thai health ministry reporting 18 deaths and 1,911 cases on Thursday. Full update at 11:30am. 2 May: 1,940 - 21 dead 3 May: 2,041- 31 dead 4 May: 1,763 - 27 dead 5 May: 2,112 - 15 dead 6 May: 1,911 - 18 dead <— TODAY #COVID19 #โควิด19 #โควิดวันนี้ #Thailand

• Like 1

Today's numbers are consistent with an overall declining number of infections - except for some pockets of resistance.

IF you don't believe the official figures, watch what the Thai government does, if they stop issuing more national restrictions and instead focus on local areas, then they are acting consistently with an overall decline of national infections with hotspots.

Of course, the Thai authorities could be extremely competent in faking national numbers, and all of the local and ancillary numbers that roll up into the national numbers BUT completely incompetent in their response to the epidemic. But anyone smart enough to fake the numbers every day and everywhere is probably smart enough to deal with the epidemic, as well, and the latter course is better for the economy.

In short, the official numbers are real, to the extent that testing is relatively limited.