Thai women warned about becoming sex slaves in Middle East/Asia after seven saved

webfact

4pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported that seven Thai women had been rescued from a Chinese owned brothel in Dubai.

The ladies thought they were going to the middle east to do Thai massage. 

Instead they were held prisoner while they worked off their 70,000 baht debt servicing men. 

Now the chief of the Department of Special Investigations in Thailand has warned Thais to beware. 

DSI director Lt-Col Korawat Panpraphakan said yesterday that the human trafficking section had been contacted by a member of the public in Dubai about a 32 year old Thai woman .

The Criminal Investigation Department in Dubai were informed and raided the premises - a room in the New Rolla building that was being used as a brothel.

It was Chinese owned and there was a Korean in charge 24 hours.

4pm1.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A total of seven Thai women were rescued. They had paid a Thai agent 5,000 baht each and been told to delete phone messages.

The women had been met in Dubai by a Chinese woman and soon discovered that massage was not the game - they were required to offer sex to pay off their 7,000 dirham (70,000 baht) debt. 

They are now in the process of coming back to Thailand.

Korawat took the opportunity to warn Thai women going to Dubai, Bahrain, Malaysia and South Korea that Thai massage work might mean sex.  

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-05

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, jackdd said:

I doubt that they really though that.

They know fine well what their letting themselves in for...time and time again these stories keep coming up...do they have no sense...better still no need to answer that ????

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, jackdd said:
1 hour ago, webfact said:

The ladies thought they were going to the middle east to do Thai massage. 

I doubt that they really thought that.

Maybe, we just don't know.

A couple of years ago my gf visited a massage course at Wat Pho which has a good reputation. After a couple of weeks she received a certificate. And she was informed about job opportunities in other countries with, especially for Thais, good payment.

Are all these offers real? Are all the other kind of massage? 

My gf was not interested in any of those jobs so she never had to judge those advertisements. I am sure sometime it is difficult for the applicants to find out what is really going on. Because even the not so traditional Thai massage places won't likely advertise all their services...

• Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe, we just don't know.

A couple of years ago my gf visited a massage course at Wat Pho which has a good reputation. After a couple of weeks she received a certificate. And she was informed about job opportunities in other countries with, especially for Thais, good payment.

Are all these offers real? Are all the other kind of massage? 

My gf was not interested in any of those jobs so she never had to judge those advertisements. I am sure sometime it is difficult for the applicants to find out what is really going on. Because even the not so traditional Thai massage places won't likely advertise all their services...

I'm happy to volunteer for all-expenses paid visits to the massage parlours to check if they are only offering traditional Thai massage.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, jackdd said:

I doubt that they really thought that.

What they didn't think was going to happen was their passports being taken away, and them being locked in a room.

It is true that many Thai ladies go overseas and make good money, and everyone knows about someone who did that.   I see loads of posts on FB from ladies who are overseas and making big money, getting plastic surgery, or marrying a local and living in a big house.

Unfortunately, some have bad luck and fall into these traps.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

Cant get the Customers in Pattaya , so go to Dubai so the Kids in Isaan can go to School and the Buffalo can not be sick.

More money in Dubai or Korea, per the ladies. Too many Cheap Charlies in Pattaya.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know about the individuals in this case and maybe they didn't know what expected them and maybe they were all innocent

It does happen that some are innocent. A small town country  lady I know who worked straight massage at the temple was lied to by an unscrupulous agent and ended up in a similar sounding place in Dubai.. I had warned her and her husband warned her too... but she wanted to believe and went... I had to wire her $$ to get her passport back and fees paid and to fly back to Bkk... and yes, w/airfare it all came to abt 70,000 baht..

She did not have to 'work' as I got her the funds quickly but she told me that the ladies there were getting 400 baht a pop and my first thought was the ladies could get more than that walking Sukhumvit... so, I would not be surprised that mny are there agst their will.. 

• Thanks 1

I should add that my wife's cousin was a 35 year old mother of one and her husband had run off with someone else before she decided to try the massage job.  Had she been a teenager just starting out then the family would have never allowed her to go.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously we will never know how many of those "rescued" women knew exactly what they were doing.

It's not likely that they will tell the authorities something like: I came here for sex work to make a lot of money. I know it is illegal.

Better: I would never do such things. I was forced against my will. Really officer!

P.S.: I don't know about the individuals in this case and maybe they didn't know what expected them and maybe they were all innocent. But somehow there are too many cases of women who are rescued and it seems never any cases of prostitutes making a lot of money in foreign countries... 

A bit harsh post , i geuss these woman new what they where going to do there because they where promised to make good money there by the people that told them that and those they payed 5000baht . But the way they are held there and treated , that's the part they leave out when they are lured there by these people . I am sure all of them would have stayed here when they really know how things are done there , but because they are promised better wages then what they can make here , they go. A bit naïf i know but most of them aren't the smartest and most aducated or world smart out there . So they are fictims all the time . And not as you say smart woman knowing what they are getting into . Most of the time the woman recruting them are being paid to do so and telling them stories that they have been there themselfs and made very good money living the life . This is going on for decades already . i know some bar girls that told me that they where asked to go and where thinking about it and i always told them not to do so . 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, scorecard said:

No mention of the agent who charged them all 5,000Baht to get the 'massage' jobs.

OneMoreFarang said "P.S.: I don't know about the individuals in this case and maybe they didn't know what expected them and maybe they were all innocent"..... Considering this statement from him I suggest we flush the rest of his commentary as he admitted he didn't know. Another case of "let's blame the women" without having any facts. Just opinions. I'm so glad that guy isn't a judge. God forbid what the outcome would be for so many with the way that guys mind works..

• Like 1

Sad that people still fall for it. Most of the pros go there with their eyes open, are not held against their will, and normally free to roam from bar to bar to pick guys up. Different bars tend to have different nationalities. 

7 hours ago, AnnieSeek said:

Just going through my instagram there are so many Thai ladies of the night in Dubai at the moment. 

It's a huge market place for Thai and Laos girls. Many just go to the massage parlours but know they'll be giving happy endings, some poor ladies have worse luck and end up as the 'sex slaves'.