Thai women warned about becoming sex slaves in Middle East/Asia after seven saved

webfact

22 hours ago, jackdd said:

I doubt that they really thought that.

I would imagine the first task would be to see if the can do Thai Massage - Where did they train, What qualification they hold etc. It is after all a UNESCO cultural heritage type thing. If they are trying to massage without proper training they are disrespecting their own culture. Lol 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

A bit harsh post , i geuss these woman new what they where going to do there because they where promised to make good money there by the people that told them that and those they payed 5000baht . But the way they are held there and treated , that's the part they leave out when they are lured there by these people . I am sure all of them would have stayed here when they really know how things are done there , but because they are promised better wages then what they can make here , they go. A bit naïf i know but most of them aren't the smartest and most aducated or world smart out there . So they are fictims all the time . And not as you say smart woman knowing what they are getting into . Most of the time the woman recruting them are being paid to do so and telling them stories that they have been there themselfs and made very good money living the life . This is going on for decades already . i know some bar girls that told me that they where asked to go and where thinking about it and i always told them not to do so . 

A girl in the family of my gf worked in Pattaya in a bar. And then she had the idea to go to Korea and make money. I, through my gf, warned her that this might not be a good idea. She decided to ignore my and other people's advice and she traveled to Korea. When she came back she told my gf that she didn't like it and she was treated badly. And then? Not long after that she did exactly the same again now with the clear knowledge what to expect.

And to her mother and father she still tells them that she does proper Thai massage. I don't know if her parents believe it or not. It seems it is a mutual agreement that nobody wants to talk about any details which could possibly destroy the pretend image.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 9:58 AM, webfact said:

The ladies thought they were going to the middle east to do Thai massage. 

word missing at the end  "'' Thai massage with happy ending... "" still Thai massage, maybe there was a communication/ translation misunderstanding

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

I have talked to Thai women before and after international trips. Some know what dangers are out there, some don't.

The common thread is the ones who do okay go to where they already know someone (another lady working abroad).

I'm sure the threat of 'stranger danger' is very prevalent within that industry.

So they didn't pay their own flight?

They didn't get their visa themselves?

They should know you can't fly to Dubai for 5000thb. Of course, they are going to have to pay off debt if they didn't pay their flight.

And of course it is sex work. They know that. They are doing sex work in Thailand already. They just didn't want to be prisoners.

A woman in our family has been doing Japan, Korea, and Malaysia for years. Now, recently Dubai. She claims she is making 100k a month abroad, compared with 50k in Phuket.

On 5/5/2021 at 3:45 PM, Danderman123 said:

What they didn't think was going to happen was their passports being taken away, and them being locked in a room.

It is true that many Thai ladies go overseas and make good money, and everyone knows about someone who did that.   I see loads of posts on FB from ladies who are overseas and making big money, getting plastic surgery, or marrying a local and living in a big house.

Unfortunately, some have bad luck and fall into these traps.

So in rolling the dice these women paid their money and made their choice right? They wanted the Facebook posts but got unlucky, so not trafficked at all then.

6 hours ago, Albert Zweistein said:

I believe you as you seem to have inside information.

Let me elaborate: because Chinese don’t speak English (much), they don’t go into discos and talk to the ladies. It’s very common for them to walk in, select a lady, and stick up their fingers to indicate how many thousands of baht they will pay. They don’t often go into the smaller bars, but rather the high end expensive gogos. 

as for taking Thai ladies to China, it’s due to the shortage of available women in China. The Thai lady serves as a Mia nua, and gets set up in an apartment. I have heard of them working as maids.