Thai health ministry denies they are giving free jabs to expats - Thais come first

webfact

Personally I’d never accept SinoVac, and not so hot on AstraZeneca either.  So a free shot doesn’t float my boat.

Will gratefully pay for a Pfizer, Moderna, Johnson & Johnson or any reputable vaccine with high efficacy.

2 hours ago, kotsak said:

Waiting for a formal statement stating that all is a misunderstanding ????????

Besides flip-flops, misunderstandings are also their speciality.

Phoned the government hospital according to them is BS said come tomorrow and register for your vaccine  room 10 . i have already a appointment for June 1th on morprom. but will go to see what they say . seems this is fake news TV are good at that.... best wishes 

Just now, PEE TEE said:

Phoned the government hospital according to them is BS said come tomorrow and register for your vaccine  room 10 . i have already a appointment for June 1th on morprom. but will go to see what they say . seems this is fake news TV are good at that.... best wishes 

June 10th 

9 hours ago, Surelynot said:

I am tempted to pop down to Khlong Toei.....get a dose and then stand at the entrance to Central World coughing and licking door handles.

Send video's.  ????

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JonnyF said:

So having paid significant amounts of income tax every year for the last 15 years, I go to the back of the queue for the vaccine.

I can't even pay for it at a private hospital because the government wants to make money from shady deals on domestic vaccine production.

Great job Thailand. A new low.

Anutin said, 1st June free to ALL, then 7th June, now it's the 12th of NEVER! 

My money is on many more contradictory Headline stories, everyday! As per usual!

• Haha 1

Us and them....   The Ministry if health still encourages discrimination. 

So: its ok if older men and women die, as long as its not "Thai" men and women.....

<removed> 

When they begin herding people into box cars, it may be time to be concerned.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

I see some kind of a plan here , even though many Thais don't even want the vaccine they still pit us in the back of the line . So i forsee that when all Thais are vaccinated and the virus is still here , they can go back to blaming the dirty farang .

You're a freakin' genius!

15 minutes ago, joe jadore said:

Anutin said, 1st June free to ALL, then 7th June, now it's the 12th of NEVER! 

My money is on many more contradictory Headline stories, everyday! As per usual!

If they drive us insane maybe we'll leave Thailand but leave our money here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, dutchweller said:

Also from what I understand 

Thailand is blocking foreign Embassys in Thailand from vaccinating its own citizens with supplies bought in from home country.

Yep well done Thailand you ARE as racist and zenophopic as every says.

What business is it of Thai government that foreign embassies give vaccinations on their premises to their own citizens?

2 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

house prices went up because the CDN government decided to 'sell'  residency/ citizenships to these folks with  a fist full of cash, which basically every country in the world did..

That was true in the US where foreigners, mostly Chinese were buying $500K pieces of building projects in certain development zones to get green cards. So can foreigners get property in China?

And yet still many expats feel we are genuinely welcome here.  We are not, and never have been, but the last 10 years have seen an esculation in contempt for ferang imo.

I have lived here full time for 18 years and i am sick to the back teeth of the place. As soon as my afairs are in order i am returning to my nice western country, with my own people around me who dont view me as a soi dog. Because thats all we are to them. 

Like prayut once said "i dont understand why ferang would want to live in a country where they are second class citizens". 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

First the Thais blamed foreigners for bringing covid to Thailand, now Thais don't

want to vaccinate foreigners.

Why foreigners continue to stay in Thailand and be constantly humiliated by xenophobic Thais and

breathing toxic air all year is beyond me.

Wake up !!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I've been assuming I'll get my shot through a private hospital and all free shots would be for Thais.  For purposes of herd immunity it doesn't matter who gets the shot, so obviously politically they cannot prioritize expats over natives.  Let's be reasonable here.  

Nobody is asking for over. 

that does not surprise me as when i go to a government hospital for my regular tablets I have to pay full price for them, what concerns me is will i be able to register for the covid vaccine on my upcoming visit to the hospital and if not how do i go about getting the vaccine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:
51 minutes ago, wealthychef said:

I've been assuming I'll get my shot through a private hospital and all free shots would be for Thais.  For purposes of herd immunity it doesn't matter who gets the shot, so obviously politically they cannot prioritize expats over natives.  Let's be reasonable here.  

Nobody is asking for over. 

Yes, I should have said "obviously politically they are going to prioritize natives over expats."  You aren't going to get equal because in my view and that of the Thai government, you aren't equal to a Thai citizen in your rights here as an expat.  Nothing in any of my experiences in Thailand makes me think that Falang and Thai are or should be treated the same by the government.   We are outsiders.  No reason to resist, mai bpen rai. ????  Be happy!  

7 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The embassy won't help but a mention of this in the western press may give the genius government pause for thought, these are not times for negative PR. 

If the rapacious drug companies would relax their patent protections we could all get a shot this month.  

• Like 1

That's how I feel about the Thai people when I see them begging for food in the streets. The government isn't doing anything for them but they always begging foreigners for food when their own people don't give a damn about them 

Sorry if I hurt some of you readers when it comes to helping the poor in this country but two wrongs don't make it right in this country. 

Honestly, as openly racist as this claim is from the government, I wouldn't accept a sinovac vaccine anyways. 

If I was an expat, I'd prefer to be on some private hospital list waiting to pay for a Pfizer vaccine.

Edited by Maha Sarakham