Video: Unrepentant "Phoo Yai Baan" attacks woman at her office

webfact

9pmVI.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Daily News reported on a Facebook post of a woman who said she was attacked at her office by the father of a co-worker who owed her 100,000 baht.

The man is a Phoo Yai Ban (local community leader) in Kroot sub-district of Surat Thani in the south of Thailand.

She said that she had been trying to get her money back for a year but was told to "speak to my dad".

A video showed him attacking the woman at the office before he was dragged away.

She wrote: "I'm just a woman -  this is a phoo yai ban who is meant to be looking after the welfare of the people".

Daily News could not speak to the woman at the center of the drama but found Khajorn, 57, the phoo yai ban.

He said that his daughter had got mixed up in a Ponzi scheme and after a co-worker at the office left she was saddled with having to pay the debts. 

news_GxfPLWXXhG211540_533.jpg

Picture: Daily News

He said he had paid her 30,000 baht already and she'd have to wait for the rest.

He said that she called his wife just before the incident and swore at her, something he heard on speaker-phone. In a rage he went to the office and couldn't control himself. 

Clearly unrepentant, he said that she shouldn't have spoken to them like that. 

She was welcome to sue him.

The only apology he offered was to the owner of the office for making a commotion. 

Daily News published a picture of him possibly smiling behind a surgical mask. 

logo.thumb.jpg.58700f12f9218149b3e2f82126b72e4d.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-05-05

WARNING: The following video may be disturbing for some viewers. Discretion is advised

• Like 1

Why weren't the Police called?  This is a clear case of assault and the guy needs to be charged with such an offence. Whatever she called him, it is no excuse for a violent physical assault!

Edited by grandpa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, grandpa said:

Why weren't the Police called?  This is a clear case of assault and the guy needs to be charged with such an offence. Whatever she called him, it is no excuse for a violent physical assault!

What's your best guess as to why the police weren't called ?  I totally agree with you though ! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You're right. That woman was wearing her face mask around her chin.

Looks like a couple of chins. Ponzi schemes says it all for me.

Still not the way to go about things, slapping and all that carry on. He must be watching too many Thai soap's.

3 hours ago, grandpa said:

He overheard the phone call so he went to the office to sort her out..

Premeditated assault.

Police should do him for assault... simple.

But then we don't live in a normal part of the world.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

A good reason never to lend money to anyone, that's a Banks job,

My father once said if you have anyone hanging around you and

you want them gone, just lend them a few bob and you will never

see them again.

regards worgeordie

I like it lol!  My father taught me a slightly different one:  "Before borrowing from a friend think which it is you really need the most, the money or the friend". 

• Like 1

Potentially illegal money lending here, often they charge friends and colleagues ridiculous interest per day or month and then make their lives hell chasing the debt when they know they have no way to pay.

There are laws around money lending in Thailand but sadly ignored by these informal debts of someone hoping to make money out of others, the constant harassments drives others to crime to pay their friends or depression or worse. Suicide is sky high during covid often I suspect due to these informal debts and constant harassments.

Often people have nobody to turn to, here she had her old man at least, but perhaps he did take it a bit far, if it was your daughter being driven to despair by a greedy money lender perhaps you could lose yourself with angry thoughts in a moment of anger. There is likely more to this.

On 5/5/2021 at 12:20 PM, colinneil said:

Poo yai bahn, what a damned disgrace, needs sacking, he is supposed to be a village leader yet behaves like a thug.

I hope the woman who was assaulted gets the police involved, get the thug fined for his disgusting behaviour.

he'll walk away ...must know a few hi so in his job  

• Like 1