Covid vaccinations for non-Thais in Thailand

The recent announcement by the MoPH states that non-Thais will only be offered a covid19 vaccination once Thais are vaccinated and there is a surplus of vaccines available.

This is totally unacceptable on so many levels.

What action, if any, will the consular team take to try and reverse this decision?

2 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Actually I believe this makes perfect sense.  The responsibility of any government is to its citizens first not to those from other countries.  

..........and one way of protecting their citizens is to ensure there isn't a significant group of individuals who remain unvaccinated and capable of spreading the disease.

However.......the consequences of not vaccinating "us" could bring the same result......if 100,000 expats receive a vaccine......100,000 Thais won't........maybe you are right??????

• Like 2

Just now, Surelynot said:

and one way of protecting their citizens is to ensure there isn't a significant group of individuals who remain unvaccinated and capable of spreading the disease.

However.......the consequences of not vaccinating "us" could bring the same result......if 100,000 expats receive a vaccine......100,000 Thais won't........maybe you are right??????

I see your point, however if the Thai's are vaccinated first then they won't get the Covid. 

However, as said, any government should always put itself and its citizens first in terms of policies.  I get infuriated when I read back in the USA things like those who entered the country illegally getting free hotels rooms, food, and their children being given private teachers while U.S. citizens have their children's schools closed.  I am a guest here. 

Now, with that said, I see nothing wrong with the private hospitals if they have a supply of the vaccine providing it to Expats for a fee while while Thai's who are getting it free may have to wait in line. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

Now, with that said, I see nothing wrong with the private hospitals if they have a supply of the vaccine providing it to Expats for a fee while while Thai's who are getting it free may have to wait in line. 

Can't have your cake and eat it........any vaccine going into the arm of a foreigner is a vaccine not going into the arm of a Thai.................we might see that private vaccinations are no longer an option to be considered.

"What action, if any, will the consular team take to try and reverse this decision"?

Embassy staff will monitor the situation closely and continue to provide support for British subject in Thailand....yawn yawn.

2 minutes ago, Brierley said:

"What action, if any, will the consular team take to try and reverse this decision"?

Embassy staff will monitor the situation closely and continue to provide support for British subject in Thailand....yawn yawn.

Probably correct....but you know the Brits (if you are one)...........that's it, I have had enough, I can't take anymore.................I am damn well going to write a letter......where as the Americans will go on a shooting spree.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Can't have your cake and eat it........any vaccine going into the arm of a foreigner is a vaccine not going into the arm of a Thai.................we might see that private vaccinations are no longer an option to be considered.

That is true and that is probably why you will not see any vaccines in the private hospitals anytime soon.  Assuming they were available, I don't see any problem with those who pay getting them.  That "may not be fair" however life is not fair.  Those willing to pay fly first class while those who don't pony up fly coach.  But I am not holding my breath that the private hospitals will be getting any vaccine until such time as the government gets all that it wants first. 

Any foreigner from a Western country complaining they don’t have quick access to a vaccine in Thailand should aim their arrows at their own governments back home. They hoarded all the vaccines for the next two years, leaving most poorer countries fighting over the scraps. 

“Some 16 countries representing only 14% of the world's population had preordered more than 10 billion vaccine doses.”