FDA: Pfizer Vaccine Has Not Entered Thailand

snoop1130

F3485870-3B11-4714-897E-29843788.jpg

BANGKOK, May 5 (TNA) – The COVID-19 vaccine of Pfizer has not arrived in Thailand pending negotiations and its registration, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

FDA secretary-general Dr Paisarn Dunkum said the vaccine of Pfizer had not been imported for use in the country and Pfizer Thailand denied any report with a map of Thailand that its COVID-19 vaccine had been imported for emergency use here. The company denied it released the information, Dr Paisarn said.

Full Story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news/line-today-english-news-689961

tnalogo.jpg

-- © Copyright TNA 2021-05-05

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

FDA secretary-general Dr Paisarn Dunkum said the vaccine of Pfizer had not been imported for use in the country ...

... imported,      smuggled,        imported imported,         smuggled smuggled smuggled.  Ah. 

Probably came across the border like the UK variant, maybe to the same group of folks.

• Like 1

I doubt that Thailand can buy any Pfizer at present. There are a lot of other countries in the queue who approved their vaccine and placed their orders several months ago.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

It is interesting that the regime has sent so many spokespersons out to deny, deflect and direct attention away from this 'rumor' over the past week.

Usually, when this amount fo effort is made to deny a rumor, it is more likely to be true.

For those at the tippy-top of the pyramid, I would assume they can get whatever they want by simply waving a hand.

Yep, even a left hand drive foreign made automobile rolled right off a boat or cargo aircraft welcomed by a halanx of kowtowing Thai Customs officers. "Whatever they want"

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The COVID-19 vaccine of Pfizer has not arrived in Thailand pending negotiations and its registration, according to the Food and Drug Administration.

Neither have many other vaccines....

I know many Thais now who are getting seriously frustrated at the lack of vaccines and the choice given. Prayut is still holding out for Siam Bioscience to produce all Thailands needs, but most Thais I know don't want it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, jackdd said:
15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

pending negotiations

Negotiating the backhanders?

What exactly would motivate Pfizer to pay a bribe when they can sell 100% of their production in a heartbeat at almost any price they might care to name?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

What exactly would motivate Pfizer to pay a bribe when they can sell 100% of their production in a heartbeat at almost any price they might care to name?

Maybe that's why they are not here? ????

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

Because if Pfizer would do this and somebody would make it public, Pfizer would be blamed for price gouging in a pandemic.

So the only way to sell vaccines way above the 20USD (which seems to be the common price) and without risking negative publicity, is through secret deals and NDAs.

How does Pfizer ensure these deals stay secret? They agree to pay backhanders.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

I am hoping that Pfizer is available at some time in the future only as my identical twin in the UK has had his 2 shots with no adverse reaction.

Happy to pay for it at a private hospital.

• Like 1

Perhaps the US embassy had some Pfizer shots left over and, rather than throw them out, offered them to the government via the Foreign Ministry.  Of course, the government would have known how to distribute them to the poor and needy.

1 hour ago, newnative said:

No other western vaccines will 'enter' Thailand until the local product is up and running.  Delay, delay, delay.  

That does seem to be the strategy. No contingency plan for any hiccups in scaling up the local AZ production which happened with other inexperienced AZ licensees in other countries. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

The Pfiezer Covid-19 vaccine requires -80 to -60 deg C storage.....   If the vaccine is in Thailand through unofficial channels there is a very high probability of it having been compromised. 

I would be careful of taking the mRNA vaccines in Thailand which require extreme negative temperatures for transport and storage whereas the viral vector vaccines are not so sensitive. 

I would avoid taking any back channel vaccines regardless of type.

Through official channels, I would take an mRNA vaccine in a heartbeat.

Edited by rabas
  • Like 1

What a relief that the Pfizer vaccine has not been unleashed on the suffering Thai population.  The unsung hero’s at the FDA are giving their all to keep this threat from breaking through the borders.  They even have a map to prove it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

First shot anyway...

E0qrMLfVIAMV3Zd.jpg

The Pfizer vaccine is in Thailand, I gues the embassy staff get it here in Thailand. It looks the government is not telling the truth.