Thai cabinet approves $2.9 billion in new relief measures -spokeswoman

snoop1130

2021-05-05T071628Z_1_LYNXMPEH440A4_RTROPTP_4_THAILAND-ECONOMY-CENBANK.JPG

FILE PHOTO: Closed bars are seen at the Ratchada Railway Night Market after a jump in the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases, in Bangkok, Thailand, April 17, 2021. REUTERS/Athit Perawongmetha/File Photo

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's cabinet on Wednesday approved additional economic relief measures worth 93 billion baht ($2.9 billion) to help people affected by COVID-19, a spokeswoman said.

The measures will cover 31 million people, or 3,000 baht per person, from July to December, deputy government spokeswoman Rachada Dhnadirek told Reuters.

reuters_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Reuters 2021-05-05

Somebody needs to go down to the vaults to see how much of

the massive foreign currency deposits,are left, money going out

nothing coming in from the tourist sector.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

Wot !

No mention of the 7000 Baht each to be given to 4 Million potential high spenders.

Given to these people so they can go out into their Communities and spread this Money among Society.

I doubt very much that any of this 7000 baht will ever real Auntie Nits fried rice shop.

Most of it will be spent in high end Malls on worthless C##p such as Handbags and Watches.

I'd say they give too little (500 baht per month) to too many people (31 million). I don't think this many are severely affected. I also don't think that those who are can make do with that paltry amount. What a waste.