Online Grocery Shopping: Bangkok

dddave

10 hours ago, digbeth said:

Online service for Foodland is at shop.foodland.co.th but it seems to be in Thai only, but beats going back and forth with the staff on LINE app

Google Chrome translates the ordering/selection of goods part automatically but unless you can read Thai the delivery address section (District and Sub-district drop-downs) cannot be completed.    A waste of time, stick to Tops!

On 5/8/2021 at 5:14 PM, Liverpool Lou said:
On 5/8/2021 at 5:05 PM, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Tops ... you can pick your delivery window times, but at least for me, their drivers invariably try to arrive unannounced sometimes hours ahead of schedule. Can pay online or with bank card or cash at the door.

Paying upfront online with a card requires a credit card, debit cards are not accepted

Just to contradict my own comment, I have just placed an online order with Tops but, out of curiosity, I tried to use a card from an account I rarely use, a (Thai) UOB debit card and it was accepted.  Debit card, not credit card.   Even though they insist that debit cards can't be used to pay online, it seems that some can be.   BBL definitely can't, UOB definitely can.