Thai ex-convict Deputy Minister spared the axe by Charter Court

2 minutes ago, kotsak said:

It's funny when you think about it, when you apply for permanent residency here in Thailand they require criminal records from your recent place(s) of residence. Bloody hypocrites..

Thai criminal records here are much like everything else in the country; a badly run joke.

I know of two Thai felons that received visas and have visited Australia when their convictions prohibit them from being eligible. One actually received a work visa and is now settled there I believe.

They take us for absolute mugs. 

• Like 1

From memory was the Minister not part of the personal body guard unit for the King so perhaps he is getting protection from above? He has also changed his name 3 or 4 times, I guess in the hope that people will not link him to his past misdemeanors? 

Edited by Forza2002
  • Like 1

a classic case of friends in high places.

Clearly this man has no shame at all.

He knows a hell of a lot more than you would think, though. I know that for a fact.

Edited by WineOh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

"the defendant does not have qualities prohibited for an MP,” said a judge

Quite the opposite. Eminently qualified. With Australian credentials, even. But as another poster has already mentioned, his connections to those who would prefer to do their work in Germany trump anything a mere Aussie court of law could come up with.

Perfect illustration of why 'move out of Thailand' is so popular. This [deleted] will probably be the one to get that closed down............

Edited by Disparate Dan
self-censorship

28 minutes ago, WineOh said:

a classic case of friends in high places.

Clearly this man has no shame at all.

He knows a hell of a lot more than you would think. I know that for a fact.

He is about as well connected as is possible for a Thai politician in the current regime.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

The ruling was made by the constitutional institutional court as its now known ????

in the town and city known as Gotham Bangkok City with the new wing of the new parliament building being named the New Arkham Asylum where the convicted and criminally insane denizens of politics preside. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

Quite the opposite. Eminently qualified. With Australian credentials, even. But as another poster has already mentioned, his connections to those who would prefer to do their work in Germany trump anything a mere Aussie court of law could come up with.

Perfect illustration of why 'move out of Thailand' is so popular. This [deleted] will probably be the one to get that closed down............

Actually, he's a small player in that department, as he only smuggled some drug. Could it be that others may have been much bigger players (arms and gems maybe?) but have got unnoticed?* His bad luck was that it happened in OZ, so it could not have been covered up and buried.

* my lawyer told me to phrase it in interrogative mode ????

Edited by candide