Viral Interest in moving out of Thailand sparks debate and some backlash

snoop1130

as admins of this group are living in thailand and under their real names, this group would shortly be closed down by police pressure. 

They would throw sedition and computer crime paragraphs, and lese majeste for a good measure, take passwords and turn this group into prayuth lovers moderated group.

then hundreds copycats will spring up, several for each country in the world. 

They can't win online.

sadly, immigration from thailand to anywhere is heavily limited now, due to pandemic and lack of vax in thailand - they just can't travel that easily, as earlier. 

If trend persist thai internal ministry will withdraw passports and stop issuing new ones 

Edited by internationalism
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

17 minutes ago, jollyhangmon said:

... 555, I was once led to believe that shape was choosen to resemble the precious Schweizer Alpengipfel, the mountains, Hollaredulliöööhhhh (yodeling) ...

Nothing is ever that simple in Switzerland though, so your boxwise reasoning is just as likely ...

Just like buying a pizza which is round put into a square box but cut into triangle pieces ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

With countless posts asking for and sharing tips on life overseas on the “Let’s Move, Let’s Move Our Hips,” group, originally named “Let’s Move Abroad”, those expressing interest in moving out have been branded “country haters” by the government and its supporters, with their motives being questioned.

They're not country haters. they hate the government.

As explained to me by my Thai neighbour yesterday.

And she said it's the first time she ever said anything against Thailand or it government, and she's not alone in her thoughts.

Many of her friends are now criticising the government.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

if all these people would join the university students in their protest, and even more come on the streets and demand the government to leave despite the RTP with their teargas .. Than everybody could be proud on their country.. But now a bunch of old incompetent men are holding the people almost like in prison with lies, pocket money , no solutions for the Covid vaccines, and selfenrichment.. It is a shame .. 

Memories go back to the 1976 University massacre.

The people in power were young "players" then. 

The people in power gave the orders which resulted in the 2010 Wat Pathum Wanaram shootings.

Everyone knows what these people are capable of, what they would do if in the end they thought that they were losing power.

I think it will come eventually.

12 hours ago, jollyhangmon said:

it's just Staubbachfall/Switzerland, my turf, circled my crib in da pic, just drop in if you happen to be in the hood

Would love to! Lived a long time in Munich, love the whole region. But it ain't easy right now.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wprime said:

That's not true at all, most of the west want young people to migrate there, it's just the uneducated or criminals they don't want which isn't specific to nationality.

Obviously you have not tried getting Thais a Schengen visa, or Australian or NZvisa for more than a brief holiday. I have.

Thailand is on the list 'flagged' as likely to overstay and cause problems for those and many other places. Hence virtually impossible to get long-stay visas except for university, which is prohibitively expensive for many Thai kids and even then they have to return on completion.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Democrat Party Spokesperson Ramet Rattanachaweng said today (Wednesday) that the trend is an attempt to discredit the government, which is doing its best to solve the country’s problems. “I believe all Thais think the same, which is being proud of being Thai. I don’t like to see this becoming a trend, as it will damage the country.”

Well said, Mr. Ramet! You tell those godless traitors against the fatherland!

By the way... how are your relatives in the U.S. doing?

• Like 2