If Thailand goes pear shaped

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

None of my relatives over there have died of it.

I don't know anyone in NZ had it, but that's probably because hardly anyone has. If they didn't keep telling me how many in quarantine have it I'd think there wasn't any at all, given no one acts as if there is where I live. Masks- what are they?

I've lost a relative in the UK from it, though I'll give you that he wasn't well before.  He was stable though, no real change for years, Covid pushed him over the edge.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Excel said:

now have a house full of bread, eggs, coke you name it. she keep saying why do you keep buying so much, you only go there for a short time

when I used to go short time, I never got groceries too... things have surely changed. 

On 5/5/2021 at 8:52 PM, Dmaxdan said:
On 5/5/2021 at 8:41 PM, covidiot said:

pandemic will end 

Not if they don't offer vaccinations to everyone it won't. 

Without herd immunity we will just keep going around and around in never ending circles. 

I don't believe it will end,always be variants,mutations.Covid will become like the annual flu,so get used to vaccinations every year,and lockdowns every time the virus pops up in some community.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thasoss said:

I don't believe it will end,always be variants,mutations.Covid will become like the annual flu,so get used to vaccinations every year,and lockdowns every time the virus pops up in some community.

Annual shots probably.

More lockdowns probably not. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, thasoss said:

That's why I won't be booking any flights untill I see how things pan out.Its being reported in the Dutch and UK media that flights and holidays will be more expensive than people expect.

• Like 2

On 5/5/2021 at 6:52 AM, Dmaxdan said:

Not if they don't offer vaccinations to everyone it won't. 

There's a worldwide shortage of ingredients to make vaccines.  Thais aren't experts at Supply chain management.  It's not their fault.

• Confused 2

On 5/5/2021 at 9:09 PM, Ventenio said:

India is not that far away.  It's normal to worry, but don't let it ruin your life.  

adapt.   

Funny thing is when I read pear shaped  I immediately visualized .....never  mind.

On 5/5/2021 at 11:44 PM, Susco said:

I don't know about your country, but I know about mine and those i read about in the news, and it sounds to me the they don't make a new law every day, but more like twice a day.

And not only that, but when they announce anything, like for example the stimulus program in the US, completely unrelated new laws are hidden in the text.

You think it's better there?

Dang you're right! ... them darn' commie/pinko Democrats are so evil.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Excel said:

I agree with you with one additional observation. Many of the pretty ladies have returned home from Pattaya and a few have got jobs in my nearest PTT station and Tesco Lotus Express store. My wife is getting a little suspicious why I fill  the car up daily and now have a house full of bread, eggs, coke you name it. she keep saying why do you keep buying so much, you only go there for a short time - I wonder why she guessed  ????

How much is the bar shop fine? ????

• Haha 1

I agree with Charlie H, very little changes in the bush, a la Isaan village, even during the nationwide lockdown last year life continued much as normal.

If you choose to live in the big cities, then of course you suffer the consequences.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, adammike said:

hat's why I won't be booking any flights untill I see how things pan out.Its being reported in the Dutch and UK media that flights and holidays will be more expensive than people expect.

Yes and upon arrival be told "sorry you have to do 14 days isolation" plus on return the same.Even with a vaccination there will still be outbreaks.Not a time to travel.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1