800,000 proof but my bank at CW is still closed!

I am on Ret Ex but last year could not get the bank papers at 08.30 am because SCB has closed downstairs at CW. Luckily I had a Thai with me and he was able to get a taxi to the SCB in Chulabhorn Hospital--although we were still delayed in the queue.

How late before Visa Day can I go to SCB at, say, Lad Prao? Can I get the letter on the day before? Are there any notable hitches? I know this has been covered somewhere before but I can't plod thru 5000 topics.

Cheers

Eddy

• Like 1

I think it said it has to be same day.

Question - can you go with someone to take queue for you, and you go to the bank to get statement, then off to CW, where your friend/wife/whoever could hold your queue? If it gets called, he/she can just swap it with the next queue until you arrive?

• Thanks 1

For the past 3 years, I submit bank letters that was the day before. No problem. My bank (Citi) do not have a branch anywhere near CW. 

The latest I renew my Extension of Stay was on 29 April 2021.

• Like 2

For retirement extension it's best to obtain an appointment. Very easy process and you are seen on time.

mtls2005 has posted link above.

CW like the bank letter done on same day. Also many io like to see activity on same day as application. Small deposit withdrawal. 

Suggest you allow time to attend your bank early and allow time for that prior to appointment. 

SCB do not have plans to reopen branch at CW. Change banks best option.

As I said, the last I renew my Extension of Stay on 29 April 2021 at CW. 

Both my Bank letter and updated Bank Book was dated the day before. No problem, no appointment, went in at 9am. Finish at 11.45am.

• Thanks 1

Bank letter not older than 7 days before extension/renewal of visa, and copy of bank book on the day. There must be a transaction (deposit or withdrawal) on the day so that the actual balance of your account will show, and of course you need to print the book after the transaction.

Most if not all immigration offices have a copy machine service. Do not copy documents yourself, have them copied there, it's not expensive and the staff doing the copying know which pages need to be copied how many times for which type of visa.

Fixed deposit you can't just update your bank book. This is not normally a problem, but sometimes the students/trainees at the front will insist. It is always best to avoid them if you can.

Get on a motorcycle and go "the hospital" near CW for updated bank book.

Get the letter before as Joe stated. I've done this for many years.

There's no SCB service at CW. Only ATM. I pulled my money out. Encourage all of you to do the same.

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

You can get your bank letter & 12 statements if needed  the day before

but deposti 200 Bht in your A/C at CW  & update passbook in the ATM's on the day

Cannot update SCB account at CW.

Dump the bank

3 hours ago, natway09 said:

You can get your bank letter & 12 statements if needed  the day before

but deposti 200 Bht in your A/C at CW  & update passbook in the ATM's on the day

You don't need 12 statements. Just get the bank to print off the previous 12 months bank actions. 

I took two pages with all my transactions on them.

800,000 proof but my bank at CW is still closed!  

I Always get my Letter from the bank for the  THB 800 K  Term deposit and A Statement the Day Before down here in Hat Yai Never had any probs. 

35 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

Why oh why do you people go along with the hurdles and arbitrary rules, interpretations by local officials and the xenophobia in general to stay in this country ? This is not just Thai bashing. Only a reasonable observation over many years.

In over 40 years I've never once encountered any of these problems in Thailand which is why I'm still very happy to be here.

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, berybert said:

You don't need 12 statements. Just get the bank to print off the previous 12 months bank actions. 

I took two pages with all my transactions on them.

You don't need 12 months. First application previous 2 months, renewals previous 3 months. It's all regulated, available online or from the immigration department, and not arbitrary.

7 minutes ago, Thalueng said:

First application previous 2 months, renewals previous 3 months. It's all regulated, available online or from the immigration department, and not arbitrary.

That changed over 2 years ago. It is 2 months before now for every extension application and then 3 months after the day  you apply and then 400k baht for the remainder of the year.

3 hours ago, Thalueng said:

Bank letter not older than 7 days before extension/renewal of visa, and copy of bank book on the day. There must be a transaction (deposit or withdrawal) on the day so that the actual balance of your account will show, and of course you need to print the book after the transaction.

Most if not all immigration offices have a copy machine service. Do not copy documents yourself, have them copied there, it's not expensive and the staff doing the copying know which pages need to be copied how many times for which type of visa.

And what about if you have no bankbook?

Account without bankbook?