Leave/ Get Vaccine/ Come Back

Hi,  Just wondering what is required to leave/ get vaccine (USA for me)/ and come back.  I have a Non imm B work visa/work permit, and would be keeping my job and insurance - just would take a leave of absence.  What documents/processes are required to leave and come back?  Thanks

• Like 1

Whatever requirements you have for entering US, and all the normal requirements for entering Thailand (which can be arranged before you depart - COE, negative test before flight, ASQ booking). Would be best to check with Thai Embassy in US and start arranging it early, then plan flights and accommodation in US, as well as where you plan to get vaccine. Do however expect whole exercise to take about 1.5-2 months in total. Doesn't mean you could not work remotely if your job allows that.

39 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Whatever requirements you have for entering US, and all the normal requirements for entering Thailand (which can be arranged before you depart - COE, negative test before flight, ASQ booking). Would be best to check with Thai Embassy in US and start arranging it early, then plan flights and accommodation in US, as well as where you plan to get vaccine. Do however expect whole exercise to take about 1.5-2 months in total. Doesn't mean you could not work remotely if your job allows that.

Thanks for your reply.  Concerning the COE and health insurance:

Would you know if I need to get a COE even being a resident and already having a Non imm B visa?

Would I need seperate health insurance other than my Thai insurance from my place of business?  

Also, would they require a quarantine with 2 doses of vaccine?

thanks

8 minutes ago, michael888 said:

Would you know if I need to get a COE even being a resident and already having a Non imm B visa?

You aren't a resident, you have the same status as any tourist. Even Thais require a COE, so yes.

9 minutes ago, michael888 said:

Would I need seperate health insurance other than my Thai insurance from my place of business?  

You mean the government social insurance?

9 minutes ago, michael888 said:

Yes, currently two weeks.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, michael888 said:

Thanks for your reply.  Concerning the COE and health insurance:

thanks

Yes, you need CoE.  Even Thais need CoE.

If your Thai insurance can be found on the list of approved Thai insurance plans or you can get the company to provide a statement of coverage that meets the requirements then yes.  Otherwise you could purchase a high-deductible insurance package from the list of approved Thai companies just to meet the requirement.

At the moment having 2 doses of vaccine gets you a 14-day quarantine in Thailand, which is to say that all people entering now subject to 14-day quarantine regardless of vaccination status.

These things, especially vaccination status and quarantine could change in the future (as up until the latest change you would have been eligible for only a 7 day quarantine) but who knows when that will happen.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, jackdd said:

You aren't a resident, you have the same status as any tourist. Even Thais require a COE, so yes.

You mean the government social insurance?

Yes, currently two weeks.

I have "Generali" insurance, supplied by my workplace.  Pretty basic.  I also just bought covid insurance from a different company.

Info for entry is here on the Thai embassy website. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

Info specific for those working here is here. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/

You will apply for the COE to the embassy in located in their area of responsibility or at one of the official consulates located in New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. Map is at the bottom of this page.

https://thaiembdc.org/2020/07/23/faq-for-non-thais-wishing-to-enter-thailand-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

• Like 2

The current effectivity of the Moderna vaccine (that I received both jabs) is only 6 months.

There is current talk of a booster vaccine after the 6 month period is up.

Is it really worth the expense to travel to the USA for a 6 month vaccine?

For Moderna, there is a 30 day wait between the first jab and the second one.

So you would need to stay in the USA at least 30 days.

Everyone I know had some kind of side effects from the jabs that may require pain killers or getting laid up for a day or 2.

• Like 1

On 5/6/2021 at 8:44 AM, zzzzz said:

LOL:

yes,  1/1/2 , 2 years is a long time,  I have not been back since 2012 an know many that have not been back in decades>

It makes no sense to me to get the shot now<  My life is pretty easy here in Phuket, dont go to bars ( when they were open) eat at home and shop once a week at central, avoid crowds>

Why risk flying, crowds at airport? add in the cost of flying and spending 2 weeks locked up on ur return here.  I am happy waiting a few more months, there will be more results in, hospitals will than have a choice of vaccine ( at a price) and i'll get it than>>

whats the rush??

Some good points.  Not so much a "rush".  The information given thus far on foreigners and vaccines has been dodgy at best, and contradictory- both concerning public and private options.  

Having to jump through hoops to get COE and then do 14 days ASQ quarantine upon arrival is the deal breaker for me at the moment.  If they drop the ASQ requirement for fully vaccinated people, a trip to the USA to get vaccinated becomes more appealing. 

Otherwise, hopefully vaccines will become available locally before year end.  If so, I can wait.  I might change my mind if it looks like it will take longer than Oct or Nov to get a jab though. If Covid really gets out of control and this place starts to look like India then I would change my strategy.

21 hours ago, michael888 said:

Would be South San Francisco.  

Should be easy. They are looking for people to jab. They are trying to get influential people in communities to get people to come forward for shots.

26 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

So doing a quote for a year it's 23,000 lowest price for covid insurance

That is for a year. You only need it for your length of stay in the country. In your case that would be the day your extension and re-entry permit expires.

43 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is for a year. You only need it for your length of stay in the country. In your case that would be the day your extension and re-entry permit expires.

Yes. That would be 9 months to a year .. and see no option for 9 months

5 minutes ago, pixelaoffy said:

Yes. That would be 9 months to a year .. and see no option for 9 months

Then one year is your only choice.

You will also need the 40/400k baht medical insurance to a apply for the certificate of entry since you are on a retirement extension.