Cars and trucks advertised having no green book?

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

Now if you can find a link that support your posts let see them 

As this is an English language forum I fail to see how those links are of any use.

And ...

pawn2
/pôn/
verb
past tense: pawned; past participle: pawned
  1. deposit (an object) with a pawnbroker as security for money lent.
    "I pawned the necklace to cover the loan"

I have never seen a car 'pawned' here

11 hours ago, canthai55 said:

Gotta laugh at some of the posts here.

Especially the reasons for the car owner not having a book.

They have never been outside of their comfort zone - which entails going to a dealer, being sweet talked into buying a brand new whatever.

No clue how the auto trading world works.

Been posted by myself and others - book being held by finance company somewhere.

Deal with the seller, deal with the finance, buy it if you want it.

Who 'pawns' cars - nobody !

Can't read the papers - bring someone who can.

It's that simple.

13 minutes ago, canthai55 said:

As this is an English language forum I fail to see how those links are of any use.

And ...

pawn2
/pôn/
verb
past tense: pawned; past participle: pawned
  1. deposit (an object) with a pawnbroker as security for money lent.
    "I pawned the necklace to cover the loan"

I have never seen a car 'pawned' here

Typical response from someone that doesn't know what there talking about 

What have you posted "No clue how the auto trading world works." and "They have never been outside of their comfort  zone" and what has to be quote of the decade "Who 'pawns' cars - nobody !"

I suggest you ask a Thai do they understand what is means when someone mentions pawned car for sale or a car that is off the pledge for sale

17 hours ago, vinny41 said:
20 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What?  What's that got to do with my response to your claim that selling pawned cars is illegal?

Here are some links that indicated that you are posting rubbish

https://www.moneybuffalo.in.th/debt/รถหลุดจำนำ-คืออะไร

https://www.ngerntidlor.com/th/article/financial/debt-management/cheap-car-with-dangerous.html

Now if you can find a link that support your posts let see them 

I wouldn't trust anything that is contained in a link that Malwarebytes tells me is a Trojan and won't let me open.   

Cars can be pawned and forfeited cars can be sold legally whether you like it or not.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I wouldn't trust anything that is contained in a link that Malwarebytes tells me is a Trojan and won't let me open.   

Cars can be pawned and forfeited cars can be sold legally whether you like it or not.

No-one has stated that Cars with legal title papers can't be pawned and sold on , its cars that have no paperwork stating that the seller is the legal title owner if sold is illegal

Look forward to your provide a link to support your claims

PS I would get your computer check out as this forum wouldn't permit any links that contain trojans

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Haha 1

Who would buy a car or bike without paperwork ?

Your replies make zero sense.

Still waiting for your explanation of what 'pawned' means in LOS

Been here a long time and you are the first to mention it - which tells me ...

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:

No-one has stated that Cars with legal title papers can't be pawned and sold on

On 5/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, vinny41 said:

Its illegal to buy a pawn car..

Seems that someone has said that and that person was you.   

What you are doing now is adding a qualifier ("with legal title papers...") to your original incorrect claim that you didn't reference at that time to try to make your post, that I responded initially, correct.

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

What you are doing now is adding a qualifier ("with legal title papers...") to your original incorrect claim that you didn't reference at that time to try to make your post, that I responded initially, correct.

If you had bothered to read the entire thread you will see that the op was asking about pawn cars on FB and was asking the question why are they so cheap so the thread discussion was on pawn cars without paperwork which the sale of is illegal

and you haven't provided any supporting links to state that statement is incorrect

and did you check out the title of the thread

Edited by vinny41
additional info
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vinny41 said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No-one has stated that Cars with legal title papers can't be pawned and sold on , its cars that have no paperwork stating that the seller is the legal title owner if sold is illegal

Look forward to your provide a link to support your claims

PS I would get your computer check out as this forum wouldn't permit any links that contain trojans

"Look forward to your provide a link to support your claims"

You're the one who made the inaccurate assertion that pawned cars can't be legally sold, I don't have to prove that I am correct.

"PS I would get your computer check out as this forum wouldn't permit any links that contain trojans".

Well, that's clearly incorrect also, see the attachment.   Maybe you should contact the forum administrators and argue with them, not me.

Screenshot (53).png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, vinny41 said:
10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Expand  

If you had bothered to read the entire thread you will see that the op was asking about pawn cars on FB and was asking the question why are they so cheap so the thread discussion was on pawn cars without paperwork which the sale of is illegal

If you bothered to read my comment, I was responding to your specific assertion that pawned cars cannot be sold.   That's all. 

Pawned cars can be sold, that particular post of your was just wrong.  Moving the goal posts now doesn't alter your original claim.

• Sad 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

If you bothered to read my comment, I was responding to your specific assertion that pawned cars cannot be sold.   That's all. 

Pawned cars can be sold, that particular post of your was just wrong.  Moving the goal posts now doesn't alter your original claim.

And my statement was correct as per the title of the thread which was 

I will make it easy for you to understand cars or trucks with no Paperwork is illegal to sell

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Look forward to your provide a link to support your claims"

You're the one who made the inaccurate assertion that pawned cars can't be legally sold, I don't have to prove that I am correct.

"PS I would get your computer check out as this forum wouldn't permit any links that contain trojans".

Well, that's clearly incorrect also, see the attachment.   Maybe you should contact the forum administrators and argue with them, not me.

Screenshot (53).png

I get the same warning, My computer also runs Malwarebytes Premium. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, vinny41 said:

And my statement was correct as per the title of the thread which was 

I will make it easy for you to understand cars or trucks with no Paperwork is illegal to sell

Vehicles are sold all the time in Thailand without Green/Blue books especially imports. They have invoice or a bill of sale. 

• Like 1

Pawned cars are NOT illegal and a rising GREY market in Thailand because of its price (over 50% less) and there are now a lot of Thai FB groups about this because of rising demand among the locals. Initially sellers will tell what documents would be available so buyers can re-register/re-insure annually so the car can be driven. For as long as there is a pawn contract supported by copies of books, house certificate and national ID by original car owner etc then the car is not considered as stolen and therefore not a criminal offense to buy the car. If the car is still under finance then the finance company will run after the original owner under a civil case. My advise is NEVER put the upfront baht 5k deposit (as there are scams for this requirement) and check if the car is registered in the nationwide stolen list if you want to go further (there are many services) and here's one explanation by a Thai lawyer

https://youtu.be/ZQHx8VlTeis

Edited by Benz Channarong

On 5/5/2021 at 11:22 PM, Sakeopete said:

The adverts on FB say they have ownership documentation just not blue/green books. 

the usual documents are copy of car registration book, owner's copy of national ID, house certificate, pawn contract etc to re-register/re-insure the car annually...a random police checkpoint (if ever) only requires a licence and a car registration copy ? (if really necessary but usually unlikely)  

On 5/5/2021 at 11:33 PM, vinny41 said:

they will say anything on FB, normally as a rule the number plates are always blank out, they will show you a copy of 1 page of the blue/green book and that page wouldn't show who the owner is

buyers will only see all paperworks+vehicle when the the usual upfront-no refund 5k deposit is wired to sellers' designated bank account...besides most sellers also assist (with a fee) on further car documentations as requested by buyer 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:28 PM, vinny41 said:

Its illegal to buy a pawn car, and might affect any future visa extensions if youe get caught

There a reason why its so cheap it doesn't belong to the seller

https://www.moneybuffalo.in.th/debt/รถหลุดจำนำ-คืออะไร

Edited by Benz Channarong
...there is always a limitation for buyers

On 5/5/2021 at 11:55 PM, scammed said:

stay far away from a vehicle with shady book.

i bought one and the hustler

assured it was legal book,

turns out it wasnt so i couldnt sell it, and when i wanted refund i got 1/3 back

you can always check with respective agencies before making any conclusions to avoid hassles 

On 5/6/2021 at 7:13 PM, The Theory said:

Right

Bank/finance holding the book. Perhaps the owner has not made any payment for long time. Then time to make extra cash out. 
counts as an stolen car. 

'counts as an stolen car' is only an opinion unless it is in the nationwide stolen vehicles list 

On 5/6/2021 at 3:31 PM, Bigz said:

They are most likely under finance. Many sellers advertise newish cars dirt cheap. Once you have a chat with them it usually turns out that you have to take on the outstanding finance on top of the sale price. It also explains the lack of book

....then you are talking to the wrong people

On 5/6/2021 at 10:45 PM, NanLaew said:

Post of the day there . Well done.

Pawn cars are a way for people who can no longer afford to pay the finance company to avoid vehicle repossession.

finance companies can take possession of the car anywhere on the spot and file a civil suit to the original owner if they find out and want to proceed further.... you can pawn the car but still paying the finance thru loan restructure....pawned cars for sale are usually those owners who failed to pay within the context of the loan agreements 

On 5/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, Liverpool Lou said:

Really?  So why would any pawn shop ever accept a vehicle for pawn if it can never be sold?   

Have you any idea how pawn shops operate and how the shop protects its loans by the risk of forfeiture for non-repayment?

its a Grey market...

• Confused 1

On 5/7/2021 at 6:32 AM, canthai55 said:

Gotta laugh at some of the posts here.

Especially the reasons for the car owner not having a book.

They have never been outside of their comfort zone - which entails going to a dealer, being sweet talked into buying a brand new whatever.

No clue how the auto trading world works.

Been posted by myself and others - book being held by finance company somewhere.

Deal with the seller, deal with the finance, buy it if you want it.

Who 'pawns' cars - nobody !

Can't read the papers - bring someone who can.

It's that simple.

Agree ????  negative posts are mostly fr people who don't really know what they're saying whos still living under their comfy rocks 

You can ignore all the ignorant people claiming they're scams. They might be, but the absence of a blue book is quite normal when buying newish used from private sellers.

It basically means there's a loan against the car. You will need to repay the loan in order to receive the blue book. In general what happens is you go with the seller to the finance company and pay off the debt along with any remaining positive equity amount to the seller (e.g. if the price is 2M and the debt is 1.5M, you pay 500k to the seller and 1.5M to the finance company), then the finance company gives you the blue book, the seller gives you some documents. You take all that to the DLT with your passport and certificate of residency/work permit, then they handle the transfer.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, wprime said:

You can ignore all the ignorant people claiming they're scams. They might be, but the absence of a blue book is quite normal when buying newish used from private sellers.

It basically means there's a loan against the car. You will need to repay the loan in order to receive the blue book. In general what happens is you go with the seller to the finance company and pay off the debt along with any remaining positive equity amount to the seller (e.g. if the price is 2M and the debt is 1.5M, you pay 500k to the seller and 1.5M to the finance company), then the finance company gives you the blue book, the seller gives you some documents. You take all that to the DLT with your passport and certificate of residency/work permit, then they handle the transfer.

agree