Pattaya gym

roger101

I need a gym. Not a complicated one, basically a walking/running machine and a few weight machines. The most important thing is a TV Screen so  I can watch something when I walk. I dont like walking anywhere else as I am unsteady on my feet when trying to walk on Pattaya pavements.

1 hour ago, roger101 said:

I need a gym. Not a complicated one, basically a walking/running machine and a few weight machines. The most important thing is a TV Screen so  I can watch something when I walk. I dont like walking anywhere else as I am unsteady on my feet when trying to walk on Pattaya pavements.

Roger i am sorry but for now all the gyms are closed because of the 

last order of chonburi province governor due to the rise of covid infections in the area.

I agree the Pattaya pavements are awful, maybe you could try the walk along

the sea side on Pattaya beach, there are few holes and drops but it's not so bad

plus if unfortunately you fall, at least there will be always someone to get you up

• Like 1

What can possibly be better than a power walk along the beach road all the way through jomtien beach. And you get free moral boosting by all those'hello handsome man' along with the 40 degree sunboosting you d vitas

• Haha 1

Gyms closed, why walk on pavement do it on the sand closes to the water is best sand nice and packed can also do a slow jog, you fall you got some cushion!  ???? when you are done walk up to beach road sit yourself down rest and get your happy ending for your reward.????

Edited by thailand49

On 5/6/2021 at 1:32 AM, kingofthemountain said:

Roger i am sorry but for now all the gyms are closed because of the 

last order of chonburi province governor due to the rise of covid infections in the area.

I agree the Pattaya pavements are awful, maybe you could try the walk along

the sea side on Pattaya beach, there are few holes and drops but it's not so bad

plus if unfortunately you fall, at least there will be always someone to get you up

Or check-out the many internet sites and do some home exercises, that will keep you going until the gym's open again.

Your general location in Pattaya might help as you probably don't want to go from North Pattaya to Jomtien or the Dark Side to find a suitable place.

Not sure, but the "exercise" machines they have at places like on Pratumnak hill (heading up towards the Big Buddha from South Pattaya) may still be usable (as in, not "locked down"). Many public parks have similar machines.

Enjoy the natural scenery while listening to tunes on your headphones. (I use bluetooth ear buds so the phone can stay in my pocket and no earphone cables always getting in the way). 

It may be some time before most gyms re-open again.

And then there's the issue that if they have a TV, can you see it from the machines/benches you want to use and is it showing something you'd care to watch.

14 hours ago, thailand49 said:

Gyms closed, why walk on pavement do it on the sand closes to the water is best sand nice and packed can also do a slow jog, you fall you got some cushion!  ???? when you are done walk up to beach road sit yourself down rest and get your happy ending for your reward.????

Maybe the OP wants to exercise by walking in the daytime, so in that case, no happy ending. ????

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I know they are shut at the moment but they will reopen. So the question still remains a gym with a TV. I dont have a smart phone.

I wouldn't be buying a yearly membership if / when they do open.  

21 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

i agree

all those guys who bought a lifetime membership at Tony's gym come to mind

I was one of them. The difference is I bought mine 15 or so years ago. Best value thing I've ever bought.

22 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I was one of them. The difference is I bought mine 15 or so years ago. Best value thing I've ever bought.

And not its reset, back to square one, and there is no more Tony's. 

Would the people who bought life memberships in 2019 be happy?  

Will you do the same again?  

Edited by Leaver
  • Like 1

I started going to the gym years before. Then took a 2 year membership. When the lifetime membership came up at a couple of hundred pounds I thought at that price I just can't resist it' I would probably do the same now if the situation was similar.

6 minutes ago, roger101 said:

I would probably do the same now if the situation was similar.

The situation is far from similar.

So, would you buy a life membership now?  

Would you even buy a 1 year membership now?  

2 hours ago, roger101 said:

After 1 year I might. Depends on the price. Anyway can anyone answer my original post.

Maybe you can find something here

note the video is from last february

so you need to see what will be the places still open

when they are again allowed to operate in the future

(Probably in 2 or 3 months)

11 minutes ago, roger101 said:

Thanks for that. I used to use the Universe Gym 25 years ago when it was on Beach Road.

You are welcome

as i said i just hope all the gyms will be still here to re open

when the closure order will be cancelled. It's really a hard time for them