Covid visa amnesty extension for Swedish citizen

Hello Thaivisa,

I am looking at getting an amnesty extension, since that would give me the extra time I need for my relocation until I get a longer term visa. Of what I've read, immigration does no longer require a letter from ones embassy. Is this correct? My own embassy, of Sweden, only presents a letter stating that they think this is for Thai Immigration themselves to decide, if the amnesty extension should be approved or not. 

Also, is the extension valid from the day you get it, or from the day your current visa expires? I read somewhere here on Thaivisa, I think, that the amnesty window is extended to 29th of May. My current visa expires 15th of June, so I would appreciate some input from people who have recieved the extension.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A letter from your embassy is not required to apply for a 60 day covid 19 extension.

You complete a affidavit stating the reason you need the extension. 

Download.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 276 downloads

A related question, ubonjoe. I'm currently on a marriage extension that expires in the beginning of June. If I do a covid extension now, since I have to renew my passport in Bangkok and quarantine for a total of 28 days (two visits to Bangkok), I won't have any problems doing a marriage extension after that, right?

Also, is the affidavit all you need or do you have to fill out a TM.7 as well?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Myran said:

What has you confused, @DrJack54?

Just missing joining the dots.

So I assume you need new passport because it's nearing expiry? 

As for trips to Bangkok why do you need to quarantine. 

I live in Bkk but been living on island in recent times. Perhaps I'm out of the loop as I just assume that I could drive to bkk tomorrow (if needed) and then leave.

So yes I'm confused

2 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just missing joining the dots.

So I assume you need new passport because it's nearing expiry? 

As for trips to Bangkok why do you need to quarantine. 

I live in Bkk but been living on island in recent times. Perhaps I'm out of the loop as I just assume that I could drive to bkk tomorrow (if needed) and then leave.

So yes I'm confused

Exactly, it expires in the coming months and I incorrectly assumed I would still be able to do a marriage extension for a full year (and then transfer the stamp to a new passport). That turned out not to be the case, so now I'm in a bit of a hurry to get my passport renewed.

Some provinces, including mine, have started demanding you do home-quarantine if you've been in certain places, such as Bangkok. It's 14 days, but since I have to apply for the passport and then return a couple of weeks later to collect it, it's 28 days in total.

40 minutes ago, Myran said:

A related question, ubonjoe. I'm currently on a marriage extension that expires in the beginning of June. If I do a covid extension now, since I have to renew my passport in Bangkok and quarantine for a total of 28 days (two visits to Bangkok), I won't have any problems doing a marriage extension after that, right?

Also, is the affidavit all you need or do you have to fill out a TM.7 as well?

I assume you mean the 14 day self quarantine after you return home from Bangkok. Not all provinces require the 14 day quarantine or you can avoid the quarantine if you have a negative covid 19 test.

You can apply for the the one year extension after the 60 day covid 19 extension.

You need the affidavit and a TM7 form plus all the normal passport copies.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Myran said:

Some provinces, including mine, have started demanding you do home-quarantine if you've been in certain places, such as Bangkok

Just curious with this next question. 

If you drive to bkk submit your passport application then return to where you live how is this 14 day self isolation actually work/enforced. How is your trip even recorded. 

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Just curious with this next question. 

If you drive to bkk submit your passport application then return to where you live how is this 14 day self isolation actually work/enforced. How is your trip even recorded. 

Probably differs from province to province, but I doubt it's very enforceable, especially if you drive by yourself. I suppose they could have road checkpoints, but even then, what are they going to do if you just say you visited a friend 20 minutes away?

The only problem I can see is if you actually get covid and start spreading it, and they manage to track your whereabouts after that. Personally, I prefer to play it safe and just do the quarantine. I wouldn't want to be the guy who spreads it to a ton of other people.

Fao. Ubonjoe.

My last Covid-19 Extension expired April 24. I visited I.O. April 23, 3pm, I was the only visitor. I was asked for Embassy Letter, not having one, I was asked for Bht3000, I had only Bht2500 which was accepted and I signed some Docs, and the  Extension processed, no receipt!

Ubonjoe, you've been most helpful  in the past, can you please advise me, I'm concerned about my next Extension! Many kind thanks!

3 hours ago, Baricello said:

Fao. Ubonjoe.

My last Covid-19 Extension expired April 24. I visited I.O. April 23, 3pm, I was the only visitor. I was asked for Embassy Letter, not having one, I was asked for Bht3000, I had only Bht2500 which was accepted and I signed some Docs, and the  Extension processed, no receipt!

Ubonjoe, you've been most helpful  in the past, can you please advise me, I'm concerned about my next Extension! Many kind thanks!

A embassy letter is not required. You could complete this affidavit and give it to them.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 300 downloads

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

A embassy letter is not required. You could complete this affidavit and give it to them.

60 Day Covid 19 Extension Affidavit.pdf229.8 kB · 300 downloads

Thank you kindly ubonjoe, for your prompt response. As for the fee, I was asked Bht3000 last time, although they accepted Bht2500, because I had no Embassy Letter! What am I expected to pay with the Affidavit please?

32 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Thank you kindly ubonjoe, for your prompt response. As for the fee, I was asked Bht3000 last time, although they accepted Bht2500, because I had no Embassy Letter! What am I expected to pay with the Affidavit please?

The fee should only be the standard 1900 baht.

31 minutes ago, Baricello said:

Thank you so much, would by chance know why I was charged the Extra last time, was the Embassy letter obligatory on April 23?

It has never been required for the 60 day covid 19 extensions. 

ubonjoe, so sorry to come back to you on this subject, but the more I'm thinking, the more I'm having difficulty coming to terms with the fact that I have been deliberately and blatantly, taken advantage of, by having been corruptly overcharged Bht600 for my Covid-19 visa amnesty extension!

Whilst I fully appreciate that in my haste to receive the extension, I didn't ask for a receipt for the Bht2500 I had eventually paid, I feel really aggrieved that I have been the subject of a means of extortion by an attempt to originally obtain Bht3000 from me, for an extension that was rightfully costing Bht1900, even though I had produced necessary documents, including TM 7 stating reason for extension "Covid-19", and this all happening at the Official Government IO.

Any other members have experienced similar?

Actually, I am starting to think that I've misunderstood the whole covid amnesty visa extension completely. That the news articles that I have read more sound like that the extensions from March run out in the end of May, not that one can get extensions through May. Anyone that can shed some light on this? 

25 minutes ago, BUMMERJACK said:

Actually, I am starting to think that I've misunderstood the whole covid amnesty visa extension completely. That the news articles that I have read more sound like that the extensions from March run out in the end of May, not that one can get extensions through May. Anyone that can shed some light on this? 

As of now, the last day to apply for a Covid extension is May 29th. I'd guess that this deadline will be extended again.