COVID outbreak in densely populated communities could spell disaster for Bangkok

webfact

1 hour ago, pi2005ni said:

Maybe that’s because currently you are not allowed to sit in Starbucks, it’s take away only . You can’t fix stupid .

They told me to sit down hmmmmm, Stupid 

Edited by Aomelia

6 hours ago, Aomelia said:

I went to term21 in Pattaya not one person in Starbucks people aren’t being stupid malls are DEAD 

I work at Centralworld and while it's certainly quieter than normal, it's definitely not dead.  The supermarket in particular is busy most days.

It must have taken a person with an MA to write this.

It says nothing we did not know before along with the only good gripe in that the Government should have been ready for breakouts in slums & (or) markets if they read anything in the press. Klong Toei has both 

18 hours ago, lks7689 said:

The new variants are a different beast. No matter how tight the measures it still found a way through. The recent clusters in Singapore are quite worrisome.

According to the chief strategic health officer in Washington, New variants will require new vaccines and booster shots for those already vaccinated. 

There is major concern for the new outbreaks in Asia and the Pacific. 

Laos is spiking, Cambodia also. In Thailand where 98% of the new infections are from a British variant. 

Source Bloomburg. 

What does this mean for the vaccines? Does it mean Asian countries and India and Nepal, which is having a huge outbreak will require new versions of the vaccine now, even before they have started using what they haven't started producing yet? 

It is getting messier every day now. 

I did hear that Sputnik was working quite well against different strains, we should get an update about which vaccines are working well against new variants and what vaccine companies will do I imagine in the near future. 

These poor people have to stay close together, no choice.
Hi-So party goer didn't have to do...
How many of the crappy PCR tests will be wrong ? 40% like in Tyrol/Austria?

16 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I work at Centralworld and while it's certainly quieter than normal, it's definitely not dead.  The supermarket in particular is busy most days.

I heard not so quiet in BKK, rule breaking etc vendors ignore times to close 

11 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

According to the chief strategic health officer in Washington, New variants will require new vaccines and booster shots for those already vaccinated. 

There is major concern for the new outbreaks in Asia and the Pacific. 

Laos is spiking, Cambodia also. In Thailand where 98% of the new infections are from a British variant. 

Source Bloomburg. 

What does this mean for the vaccines? Does it mean Asian countries and India and Nepal, which is having a huge outbreak will require new versions of the vaccine now, even before they have started using what they haven't started producing yet? 

It is getting messier every day now. 

I did hear that Sputnik was working quite well against different strains, we should get an update about which vaccines are working well against new variants and what vaccine companies will do I imagine in the near future. 

Moderna already trialled a booster shot that's seems effective against new variants. I guess yearly booster shots is a given now. Singapore had breakthrough cases whereby vaccinated(Pfizer or moderna) people are still infected and quite a few by the new variants, but either asymptomatic or mildly ill. I guess that's the purpose of vaccination for now, to weed out the serious cases so the health system are not overwhelmed.