A shot in the arm: foreign residents and their eligibility for a jab

webfact

46 minutes ago, Zack61 said:

She loves me. She loves me not. She loves me. She.................

No doubt in a few years it will be all very clear ..... or not. 

it will all be just a big misunderstanding, in the end

TIT.

Edited by Orinoco
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Too many local people here live in the Thailand bubble and haven't a clue what is going on in the rest of the world.

So true

Edited by henry213

48 minutes ago, Brierley said:

It's not their job to look after the health of their citizens overseas, they're not missionaries.

Seems like it's their job to do beggar-all for their citizens abroad, missionaries or not.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

You sure about that...???????? 128,000 deaths...???????? 303? (https://g.co/kgs/R1X57y)

If Thailand wasn't for you that's fine...but don't say it has anything to do with Covid, which wasn't even a thing when you left. It has been objectively worse for people in the UK than Thailand.

And if the UK was such a great choice (assuming you have a very fulfilling life there), why do you still follow and post on a Thailand focused internet forum?

Dumb reply when you look at it, yours PS 

Edited by henry213
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Let gthe Embassies in Thailand vaccinate the people of    their country.. how difficult can that be?

Actually very easy. But it's not an embassies job to provide medical care to its citizens in a foreign country. That is the job of the health system to provide medical care. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, sathornlover said:

The embassies could at least insist that their citizens are treated equally in the pandemic and especially that the vulnerable groups are also prioritised instead of discriminated against, which is against any international practice.

I will make appropriate requests to my embassy, WHO, AstraZeneca and report on the current situation in Thailand to appropriate press organs ...

It may not change the situation but it should not be silenced either!

Guaranteed the various ambassadors are doing all they can to make sure their citizens are vaccinated.  But since Thais are barely getting jabs, not sure there's much they can do.  And as noted above, embassy facilities are not equipped to be doing vaccinations.  Impossible. 

We'll just have to wait.  Or, go home for the jab.  Which isn't a bad option.  Especially if you want one of the better jabs.  Pfizer, Moderna or J&J.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satyrman said:

Who would want a jab in the arm of an experimental vaccine that was made in China and is less than 50% effective? Go ahead and take that Sin-o-vac shot, you can have mine too!

Over 60's will get the AZ jab.  And starting in June, there will be millions of doses of AZ released.  Should be easier to get than the Chinese one.  Which so far, has proven to be as safe as any of the others.  All of which are approved under emergency orders.  Luckily, a few should be getting full FDA approval in about a month or so.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, MrMo said:

Like a number of other words in the English language I could mention, I have seen little evidence that there could be a word or phrase in the Thai language that would translate to co-ordination.

Screenshot_20210506-081151.jpg

1 minute ago, sathornlover said:

Many have strong ties to Thailand perhaps more than to their country of origin. Many have family ties and do not want to leave them behind in this uncertain time.
And we are talking about the elderly and people with risky diseases where such a risky trip is not really a good option at this time …

Well put.  I have no family ties back in the US.  I'd have to do an Air B&B if I went....for at least a month.  Which would be expensive.  And for sure, the thought about getting there is a bit scary.  Public transport to/from the airports, being in a crowded plane or terminal...ugh...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, smudger1951 said:

Yes, I'm back in the UK since 2019 after ten years. On days like this I know it was the right thing to do. The soi dogs will get the jab before the farangs and then get accused of spreading the virus.

Don't forget we come after the Buffalos as well. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

aka, if you don't like it go home lol

I would love to, but I am not allowed back into my country, I am banned for now. 

Thailand is the problem and always will be. I really don't see a solution for foreigners

until end of year.

As soon as I am allowed to go home I will and never to return to this backward military style 3rd world country and I am not alone with these thoughts.

Edited by bstafford214
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1