‘Phuket Must Win’ COVID vaccination registration tailor-made for Phuket

webfact

1620209063_1-org.jpg

All appointments for people in Phuket to receive their vaccination injection must be made through the ’Phuket Must Win’ web portal. Image: PR Phuket

By The Phuket News

PHUKET: An academic with the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society has stepped forward to explain why people in Phuket must register to receive a state-supplied COVID vaccination through the ‘Phuket Must Win’ web portal only, instead of the MorProm registration channel in use throughout the rest of the country.

Pracha Asawathira PhD, and academic with the Ministry of Digital Economy and Society, was present to deliver the explanation during a press conference led by Phuket Governor Narong Woonciew this morning (May 5) that was broadcast live online.

“In Phuket, people must register only at www.ภูเก็ตต้องชนะ.com [Phuket Must Win.com], as the website system is customised and localised for Phuket,” Mr Pracha said.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-must-win-covid-vaccination-registration-tailor-made-for-phuket-79904.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-05-06

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Unify said:

It appears to require a Thai ID number.

Indeed. I messaged one of the main "movers and shakers" at the vaccination centre (one of my old students). His immediate response was that, depending on vaccine supplies, he was hopeful that expats would be able to register in June for July vaccinations (starting with the vulnerable and over 60's). I think it hinges on whether the locally produced AZ vaccine is produced on time and as promised. 

• Like 1