Thai Visa Forum

Moriya Jutanugarn back in her roots in Thailand

MJ.jpg

File photo: Moriya Jutanugarn

Written By: LPGA [email protected]

Moriya Jutanugarn has received a few texts from friends and family since coming back to her home country for the Honda LPGA Thailand. “Everyone is really exciting to come. Even my friends keep texting me, ‘Can I go? Can I go?’ No. Sorry. But that's how much people like this tournament,” said Jutanugarn, who along with her sister Ariya are back competing as two of the 10 Thai natives in the field this week.

This is Jutanugarn’s 11th time competing at the Siam Country Club. Since 2009, Jutanugarn has recorded three top-10 finishes, including a runner-up performance in 2018. Though there won’t be fans at this year’s event, the 26-year-old still feels the support from afar.

“This tournament is one of the favorite tournaments for me and probably for other girls on tour. I mean, you know, like this event always had a lot of really good feedback from Thai fans, and they always waiting for the Honda LPGA to come and to have a tournament,” said Jutanugarn. “We always have very good fans here, like lots of people come out and they get very exciting. It's kind of very miss that moment, and of course it's just like because it's like my home country so it's a lot more, you know, like -- a lot of good energy, so it's like really miss that.”

Full story: https://www.lpga.com/news/2021/moriya-jutanugarn-back-in-her-roots-in-thailand

-- 2021-05-06