Samut Prakan - 143
Chonburi - 76
Samut Sakhon - 65
Surat Thani - 53
Nakhon Pathom - 47
Ayutthaya - 35
Chachoengsao - 35
Pathum Thani, Nakhon Si Thammarat - 31

Daily update from the Ministry of Public Health on how Thailand is faring versus other countries worldwide and its regional peer countries in terms of total COVID cases since the beginning of the pandemic. Thailand continues to rank 99th unchanged among world countries in that ranking.

Screenshot_9.jpg.74c578655c2f3d394a222d9533d93004.jpg

Screenshot_12.jpg.5608f531bb5ea568c5be41b319c51fbd.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/319836409634690/

Just now, Danderman123 said:

How does today's data impact your assessment?

Its flat lined did you not notice, no change my opinion from yesterday and for todays assessment take a look at the first post on this thread, no need to repeat it again.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Its flat lined did you not notice, no change my opinion from yesterday and for todays assessment take a look at the first post on this thread, no need to repeat it again.

Great. I think we are in agreement.

There is no growth in the epidemic, based on the current data. As long as the hotspots are eliminated, this wave is going to fade away.

The Doomsayers were wrong, and seem to know it, they took a break this week for the most part.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Does the recent data in any way contradict my assessment of a low positivity rate and flat growth of infections (with continued double digit number of deaths)?

The data is inconclusive as I have said because the total evidence and data has not been collected from all data points and potential sources.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Excel said:

What you say is true of course but then what people are forgetting is that this government and others who control this country do not give a rat's ar$e about the general population and most definitely don't give two hoots to the entire Isan region. Given their distaste of the majority of Thais then there is no way in hell that they will ever do random testing in other areas as they fundamentally do not want to know. 

As I have stated many times, random testing is a waste of time. Testing kits, personnel, and vaccines are limited in Thailand and this influences policy. 

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

The data is inconclusive as I have said because the total evidence and data has not been collected from all data points and potential sources.

Not entirely. I suspect that even you would agree there is enough data to rule out exponential growth of the epidemic. Based on data available now.

Daily vaccines update, with total doses administered, along with cumulative subtotals for first and second doses:

Screenshot_19.jpg.8f3b0d41844c19986f01dbc9a9ab7c05.jpg

05-06-21f.jpg.49ba617373782142c7978c31d4d903e9.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/posts/319807172970947

And number of new vaccinations in the most recent day, first and second dose numbers.

Screenshot_15.jpg.45f2d9a50210707240292750c7cd0ca0.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Excel said:

Who claimed I was an expert on testing techniques, not me just you attempting snide remarks ? But you seem to continually mislead by deliberately spreading misinformation about how well they are doing with random testing, when in fact, as demonstrated by many of the TV posters to you,  you don't not even comprehend what random testing is. So until you have a modicum of understanding as to what it entails and how to undertake such exercises I suggests you refrain from promoting the ridiculous.

I am simply defining random sampling differently than you would like. Back in the day, I used to do random sampling for a living, for big projects, so I know a bit about it.

You don't seem comfortable with the concept of targeting areas for random sampling, but it's a common practice worldwide.

Just now, ThailandRyan said:

And perpetuates the wave to continue in many different directions as new clusters pop up elsewhere outside of the areas they are testing in because of failing to test proactively and randomly sample other locales as discussed.  Thailand has the money, they just do not want to part with it.  Millions have been donated by Australia, the US and other countries to help them.  So please explain how they can get ahead of this without chasing the next cluster and so on.

I 100% agree that more testing is better than less testing. And that they would be more effective if they tested all districts and didn't wait for people to present at the hospital.

Their lack of testing means that the epidemic will last longer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

In an English language news briefing Thursday, a government spokeswoman appeared to reiterate that foreigners living in Thailand will be included in the second phase of the government's vaccinations program beginning in June.

The spokeswoman said the government is still working out how to best establish a formal system to allow foreigners to register for the government's vaccinations program, including the possibility of an English language mobile app and/or arrangements for foreigners to register directly through local hospitals.

"We do understand and hear you very, very clearly," the spokeswoman said, adding that vaccines would be accessible "to all those who require it regardless of nationality."  The spokeswoman also continued to hold out hope that private entities in Thailand such as private hospitals at some future point also would be able to provide vaccinations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Government update on the 18 new COVID deaths reported Thursday:

5 men, 13 women

Ages 45 to 100, median age 65

Province breakdown includes:

6 from Bangkok

3 from Samut Prakan

2 each from Nonthaburi, Chiang Mai and Samuk Sakhon

1 each from Pathum Thani, Yala and Sing Buri

12 of the 18 were believed to have become infected from contacts with family members

05-06-21g.jpg.1390fd1f3449107842160f0e68fff90b.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/informationcovid19/photos/a.106455480972785/319836549634676/

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The spread of the virus is very silent within the jail system, we only seem to hear about it when its high profile cases and Human Rights Watch reports it.

Detained protest leader Arnon Nampa has fallen ill with Covid and been moved for medical treatment, his Facebook page and news reports said Thursday.

If confirmed, Arnon would be the second protest leader to have contracted coronavirus in jail while awaiting their trial after Chukiat “Justin” Sawangwong tested positive for the virus last month.

Sunai Phasuk, a senior researcher for Human Rights Watch in Thailand also posted on his personal social media accounts that Arnon has contracted the virus.

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27174/arnon-taken-ill-in-jail-says-he-has-covid/

• Sad 1

Government spokeswoman Pensom Lertsithichai full statement in English appearing to reiterate that foreign residents will be included in the Thai government's second phase COVID vaccinations program during the second half of 2021. Starting at about at about the 7 minute, 20 seconds point:

Screenshot_23.jpg.2b36fded87fec264dada0859f448b4d6.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/thailandprd/videos/222855662511263/

"We do understand and hear you very, very clearly....

We'd like to confirm that Thailand's vaccination strategy is based on ensuring accessibility to all those who require it, regardless of their nationality. Comments on this regard have been taken out of context in the media, we know that...

So we'd like to reiterate that Thailand continues to include foreign residents in its vaccination program, and foreign residents have been innoculated in the first phase already....

Now that Thailand has been successful in procuring more vaccines, in the second phase of innoculation, which is going to start in June and will run until the end of this year, we have expanded within this phase... to include the general public... as well as foreign residents in Thailand based on their membership in the risk groups...

We know that the Mor Prom system currently does not accommodate registration for foreign residents for vaccination.... And therefore the Ministry of Public Health is now working on the best method, including through a possible mobile application or contacting hospitals directly, to facilitate registration for foreign residents as soon as possible."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sapson said:

Im probably missing some major points here but if they are testing around 10,000 a day or less a figure quoted on here by someone who had done his research, that is such a miniscule amount in relation to a 70 million population.

If roughly 1500 test positive a day out of that 10,000 then we have a horrendous positive test percentage and if they managed to regularly  test 10k a week in each province what would the true situation be..........I guess they prefer not to have that information as per the policy of the last year and the charade of a miraculously virtually covid free Thailand!

Nobody says that only 10,000 tests are performed in Thailand per day.