Thailand on Thursday reports 1,911 new coronavirus cases, 18 new deaths

webfact

I should say that the issue of the virus in the prison system is an area where not much is known, and it can be expected that once in the prison system, there would be mass infections. There just isn't any data.

The only good news is that the virus in prison is by definition contained.

2 hours ago, sapson said:

Maybe the guy who provided the figures on here a few days back got it wrong?

So as you are quite sure its wrong, perhaps you could provide a link to the daily figures of testing nationwide for the last few days, weeks or year!

This would provide a clearer picture of the covid situation and put the daily positives figures into perspective.

https://djay.github.io/covidthailand/

5B26ACE8-FCF4-4DDB-B6B2-F492DF2A5211.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

This is not up to date by far and includes all tests, ie repeat testing and other categories that are not relevant (red line)

The blue and orange PUI are the relevant ones to take note of and if you read the full documentation as I posted earlier these are the tests that count as they are per person rather than repeats.

The daily published CCSA reports are up to date and why we can get a number on per person pcr tests daily. These have shown pcr testing at far lower rates over the last few days including 2 days with an average of just 11,000 per day and one day with just under 7,000 people tested.

However again as I mentioned in another post this does not include rapid test reagents. which would raise the total number of tests per person daily. There is no data where that can be collated so its just guesswork how many there.

26 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I should say that the issue of the virus in the prison system is an area where not much is known, and it can be expected that once in the prison system, there would be mass infections. There just isn't any data.

Contained because on the inmates being locked up yes but not with those who work there, guards, admin, visitors etc

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Breakdown of vaccines administered in Thailand thus far by brand through May 5:

Total doses, then first shot and second shot subtotals, with breakdown by vaccine brand

1456363957_VaccinesBreakdownthru05-05-21.jpg.18d9252263288c4c00fa3e82bc788e8d.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/fanmoph/photos/a.135975766428787/6174617102564593/

Wow just ripping away using AZ I see....

• Haha 2

Here's the latest tests and cases up to the 4th May:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/situation.php

These are PCR tests of actual people tested under PUI status, the vast majority of which are through hospital walk ins. It does not include rapid test reagents as they are not filtered in the main raw data files from the central data base. So we need to add these extra tests to the above but we do not know how many.....lol. Trying to guess the positive percent on this can only be that, an educated guess.

For instance some of the active testing in hotspot areas is carried out by rapid tests and places like entry to Phuket is using rapid tests. That said if you get a positive on a rapid then you would also need a another test to confirm using PCR

Don't confuse this with the all lab tests in the raw data files here as they contain all the repeat testing and as a result show far higher figures into the 50k and above.

https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php Our world in Data also uses this for its charts and figures but again this is inflated because its a total of all tests, repeats etc.

may 4th tests cases.png

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 2

And the results of the government's outreach COVID testing in Bangkok from April 5 to May 5, running an overall 3.97% positivity rate. 1,677 positive tests out of 42,251 conducted. Results still pending for 559 of those cases.

The horizontal rows reflect the different types of locations where the testing was conducted, and how many locations for each type.

Screenshot_3.jpg.25a0638089253ca7006a2cc4a155d9a1.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/fanmoph/photos/a.135975766428787/6174618105897826/

Screenshot_4.jpg.ff7be9b50e658828422789d141bd6737.jpg

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And the results of the government's outreach COVID testing in Bangkok from April 5 to May 5, running a 3.97% positivity rate. 1,677 positive tests out of 42,251 conducted. Results still pending for 559 of those cases.

The horizontal rows reflect the different types of locations where the testing was conducted, and how many locations for each type.

30 days and only 42,251 tests in all of Bangkok and yet here we have many clusters now.  This is getting to be a sad reality in knowing that they only seem to be semi serious to find cases.  Could it be due to hospital space being tight or what.  Makes me confused.

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Local AZ vaccine production hasn't come online yet...so the numbers above are no surprise... Hopefully, that will start to change from June and onward.

What happened to the supposed delivery of 200k Az vaccines. Did they never arrive?

5 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

And the results of the government's outreach COVID testing in Bangkok from April 5 to May 5, running an overall 3.97% positivity rate. 1,677 positive tests out of 42,251 conducted. Results still pending for 559 of those cases.

and we know from your chart posted 3 or 4 posts earlier this category of testing and finding is tiny compared to the people who are presenting themselves in hospital in the blue bar.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

30 days and only 42,251 tests in all of Bangkok and yet here we have many clusters now.  This is getting to be a sad reality in knowing that they only seem to be semi serious to find cases.  Could it be due to hospital space beingtight or what.  Makes me confused.

I believe, they really only started ramping up the BKK outreach testing in the past week when the Khlong Toei outbreak surfaced. They said today they're aiming to do about 26,000+ outreach tests per week in the coming weeks, and are planning to possibly add 1,300+ new field hospital beds per week if the expected numbers of COVID positive cases result.

That's based on their planning assumption for a 5 percent overall positivity rate... which seems reasonable based on the 3.97 percent rate they've already seen in the sample from the past month posted above.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

I believe, they really only started ramping up the BKK outreach testing in the past week when the Khlong Toei outbreak surfaced. They said today they're aiming to do about 26,000+ outreach tests per week in the coming weeks, and are planning to possibly add 1,300+ new field hospital beds per week if the expected numbers of COVID positive cases result.

Lets hope they do pick it up as these new clusters coming on board are an issue.  I remember last month at the beginning of the month Bang Kae had cases in the big market and the reports were that is would not be a cluster, here we are 30 days later and it is becoming a cluster, so what did they not do.  Did they stop testing and allow this to spin to other areas before returning.  Like I said the testing they are doing is making me confused because I do not see them putting in a proactive outreach and testing many people.  Had they done this back then where might we be now, I shudder to think.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Lets hope they do pick it up as these new clusters coming on board are an issue.  I remember last month at the beginning of the month Bang Kae had cases in the big market and the reports were that is would not be a cluster, here we are 30 days later and it is becoming a cluster, so what did they not do.  Did they stop testing and allow this to spin to other areas before returning.  Like I said the testing they are doing is making me confused because I do not see them putting in a proactive outreach and testing many people.  Had they done this back then where might we be now, I shudder to think.

Its the reactionary approach they had all along with this new variant, they seem to have been so complacent thinking it would all be ok due to last years experience. Yet there was plenty of evidence from places like the UK where this strain caused havoc and lead to severe lockdowns for months, only getting out of it because of vaccinations

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Do you mean beyond the 82,000+ AZ doses given they've reported above?

They were to receive an initial shipment and when they did it was put on hold until the paperwork could be verified and that was why the PM waited to obtain his vaccination from what I recall.  Did they not also have another delivery that came for S. Korea?  However this article indicates they only received a partial shipment at the start.

AstraZeneca: Thailand delays vaccine rollout over blood clot fears - BBC News

The first batch of 117,300 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines arrived in Thailand on 24 Feb, together with 200,000 doses of China's Coronavac vaccine.

I don't find any other reports on what they have received from AZ.  There was a lot of talk but maybe the home production overshadowed actual deliveries.

Edited by ThailandRyan

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

They were to receive an initial shipment and when they did it was put on hold until the paperwork could be verified and that was why the PM waited to obtain his vaccination from what I recall.  Did they not also have another delivery that came for S. Korea?  However this article indicates they only received a partial shipment at the start.

AstraZeneca: Thailand delays vaccine rollout over blood clot fears - BBC News

The first batch of 117,300 doses of AstraZeneca vaccines arrived in Thailand on 24 Feb, together with 200,000 doses of China's Coronavac vaccine.

Seems like that AZ number source in your BBC report probably matches with the 80,000+ doses given report above.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Seems like that AZ number source in your BBC report probably matches with the 80,000+ doses given report above.

If that is correct then some are not getting their 2nd dose as needed.

15 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

That's based on their planning assumption for a 5 percent overall positivity rate... which seems reasonable based on the 3.97 percent rate they've already seen in the sample from the past month posted above.

Its also notable they do not publish daily graphs on the main cause of positive cases the hospital walk ins, calculating the numbers and cases for the positivity rate.

It would give a more over all perspective, some would call it more realistic.

150 Covid cases in new Bang Khae cluster

“There are now three important clusters” across the Bangkok area, “in Khlong Toei, in the Bon Kai community in Pathumwan, and Baan Khing community in Bang Khae,” said Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

The CCSA reported on Wednesday that the Khlong Toei cluster had led to 304 cases at 41 crowded communities within the district between April 1 and 30. 

The Pathumwan cluster has led to 162 cases within six crowded communities in and around the Lumpini area, including Pattana Bonkai, Keha Bonkai, Polo, Phra Chen, Ruamrudee and Kularb Daeng, between April 5 and May 4.

The Bang Khae cluster has led to 150 cases at the Mall Bang Khae and Ban Khing Primary Care Unit between April 28 and May 4.

(more)

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27189/150-covid-cases-in-new-bang-khae-cluster/

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Not really.. The guards and other prison staff go home at night to their families and outside world, and presto... no containment.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's the latest tests and cases up to the 4th May:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/viralpneumonia/situation.php

These are PCR tests of actual people tested under PUI status, the vast majority of which are through hospital walk ins. It does not include rapid test reagents as they are not filtered in the main raw data files from the central data base. So we need to add these extra tests to the above but we do not know how many.....lol. Trying to guess the positive percent on this can only be that, an educated guess.

For instance some of the active testing in hotspot areas is carried out by rapid tests and places like entry to Phuket is using rapid tests. That said if you get a positive on a rapid then you would also need a another test to confirm using PCR

Don't confuse this with the all lab tests in the raw data files here as they contain all the repeat testing and as a result show far higher figures into the 50k and above.

https://service.dmsc.moph.go.th/labscovid19/indexen.php Our world in Data also uses this for its charts and figures but again this is inflated because its a total of all tests, repeats etc.

may 4th tests cases.png

Over the span of the graph I get an average of 1925 cases per day from an average of 13645 tests with an average of 14.11% positivity rate.Which is pretty high really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

150 Covid cases in new Bang Khae cluster

“There are now three important clusters” across the Bangkok area, “in Khlong Toei, in the Bon Kai community in Pathumwan, and Baan Khing community in Bang Khae,” said Dr Taweesin Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA).

The CCSA reported on Wednesday that the Khlong Toei cluster had led to 304 cases at 41 crowded communities within the district between April 1 and 30. 

The Pathumwan cluster has led to 162 cases within six crowded communities in and around the Lumpini area, including Pattana Bonkai, Keha Bonkai, Polo, Phra Chen, Ruamrudee and Kularb Daeng, between April 5 and May 4.

The Bang Khae cluster has led to 150 cases at the Mall Bang Khae and Ban Khing Primary Care Unit between April 28 and May 4.

(more)

https://www.thaienquirer.com/27189/150-covid-cases-in-new-bang-khae-cluster/

About 2000 cases per day each with about 10-20 close contacts so 20,000-40,000 per day and then if you have to chase up the close contacts of the close contact the next day you're looking at 400 million close contacts to trace, good luck with that!