Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

17 hours ago, keith101 said:

Common Side Effects from Moderna Vaccine.

The most commonly reported side effects, which typically lasted several days, were pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes in the same arm as the injection, nausea and vomiting, and fever. Of note, more people experienced these side effects after the second dose than after the first dose, so it is important for vaccination providers and recipients to expect that there may be some side effects after either dose, but even more so after the second dose.

This info is from the US FDA .

I had a sore arm - the same soreness I got for the last 20 years of flu shots ... NOTHING ELSE.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Expat Tom said:

Thailand is known for medical tourism. That implies non-Thai people. So, put 2 and 2 together....if you are not Thai, the Thai hospitals who make a fortune administering to non-Thai people will see this as just another product or service to sell. Having said that, I am happy with my medical experiences here in Thailand and will gladly visit my favorite international hospital again for my covid vaccine needs. 

You have no idea!

13 hours ago, perconrad said:

I'll wait and see, if my appointment is cancelled I'll opt for the Moderna at the private hospital I use for health check

Don't people realise? They don't have anything at the private hospitals. They don't even have enough to vaccinate themselves. You should try registering at one. Everybody should. People seem to think it's just a question of turning up and choosing the vax they want and hey presto! Just try it!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Whatever the charge it will be trivial compared to traveling back to our home countries now to get doses  dealing with quarantine, and significant pandemic related visa hassles.

Absolutely, however I do hope the USA lift its patent restrictions and assist India where over a 1,000 people are dying per day, surely it can't be about the money in times of humanity. History repeating it's self early 2000's.

11 hours ago, moogradod said:

This is from the homepage of the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya today - 19:14:

"Important notice from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya: Despite some "News" items, BHP has not ordered or reserved private or alternative COVID vaccines. We will notify you officially when we are fully prepared."

This sounds to me as if it might have been a reaction to this thread here and / or its sources.

In one word: Nothing has changed and we are left in despair. No idea when they will realise that there are thousands waiting (my assumption) for Moderna to be available and would refuse AstraZeneca or Sinovac. Or if they do and do not care.

Homepage BHP.pdf 155.56 kB · 1 download

I tried at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I'm a high risk. You have to understand. This hospital had absolutely no clue what I was on about. No have. Cannot. They were in NO WAY prepared. No waiting list, no registration process. Wake up people!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Having lived in Thailand as long as you have, I am surprised that you are suggesting putting all your eggs in one basket. Right now, I am registered with the "Mor Prom" app as well as at three private hospitals. If one has the alien ID number and the app, I say go ahead and register.

So you have an appointment from MorProm? And registered with 3 private hospitals? You have underlying conditions I guess, and have found 3 hospitals that have access to your medical records that show you have been treated there for those underlying conditions? And of course you are over 60!

9 hours ago, DavisH said:

Well taake blood clots for example. Clotting is way more common in those that are infected with covid, and is causing significant mortality in India at the moment. 

A matter of grave concern.

20 hours ago, Bob4u said:

Hi  , received 2 Moderna shots for absolutely free in USA .

First shot only arm pain 

2nd Shot was slightly ill with a mild reaction for a day.

2 weeks later tested positive for Covid19 anti-bodies.

I'll just leave that little cookie right here for y'all

How long does it last though? anyway I think Moderna leads the pack and that's the one I'll get (if I can)

19 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

"Absolutely free"...how much did you pay in federal, state, and city income taxes last year; not to mention property taxes, which fund many county health departments administering the vaccinations? I'll pay the $100-$200 for my vaccine jab in Thailand (where there are none of those taxes for most expats), while you lucky ones enjoy "free" vaccines in the U.S., UK, and elsewhere.

This is so true, it hits at the point in regards to the US and UK's cost of vaccines. Also true are the amount of taxes you pay in both countries, but in reality, there is just no additional costs to you. However I believe you paid for that vaccine if you received one there. The private hospitals here in Thailand charge for the use and administering of said vaccines or any other medications for that matter. Remember you also pay for medications separately at the hospitals, public or private here in Thailand, just as you do in US and UK. The private hospitals are just a higher cost to you.

Just for example, I obtain a monthly prescription from my doctor for Tramadol and pay ฿120 ($4) for 60 tablets. In the US I paid about $40 for the same amount.  The Tramadol comes from India, which is where the Thai government purchase many drugs, probably the same for US and UK. I had an educational conversation in English of course, with my doctor concerning the cost of drugs. My doctor worked in the US for a number of years and had some very interesting insight regarding the cost of health care.

I guess what I am trying to say is the cost is much cheaper hear and I am so tired of hearing about this issue, it is not really an issue is it!  But this is my opinion of course!  ????

• Thanks 1

Now this

VAX rollout: Top Bangkok hospital says they will NOT supply Moderna vaccine

i will never understand why they cant ever seem to say, commit to something and not change it the next day

• Like 1

The science does not seem to have been settled; however, it seems that Covid vaccines have a higher fatality rate than vaccines for other diseases.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=death+rate+from+covid+vaccines&t=hc&va=u&ia=web

13 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

First it has to wait for EU approval, THEN it has to wait for Thailand to approve it and then getting it purchased and distributed!  I hope you have LARGE LUNGS!!! ????

21 hours ago, webfact said:

The chief of the Private Hospital Association of Thailand has said that the Moderna vaccine against Covid-19 will definitely be available in his members'  hospitals.

So far as I'm aware, the mainstream covid vaccines are only being sold to governments. I wouldn't expect sales to private companies to start much before the end of the year.

If you know differently, I'd be interested to hear it.

15 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

They're planning to use their hopefully future acquisition of Pfizer vaccines for the teenage groups.

I believe, separately, the US FDA is due to approve the Pfizer vaccine for that group any day now.... It's coming.

No doubt, but will be a long time before that happens.

To suggest that expats will have to wait until all approvals are in place and that 65 million Thais will have been vaccinated, is as I said, misinformation.

I would also suggest the use of Pfizer will be strictly limited until the guidance on the temperature limitations has been updated, something also in the "works".

1 hour ago, David T Pike said:

First it has to wait for EU approval, THEN it has to wait for Thailand to approve it and then getting it purchased and distributed!  I hope you have LARGE LUNGS!!! ????

I'm in no hurry...life's a beach in Phuket (dived 4 times this week) and dining in allowed; only 15 new cases yesterday.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter

3 hours ago, bradiston said:

I tried at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I'm a high risk.

Maybe you shouldn't be running around in public then...especially to hospitals where sick people congregate. There's this new invention called the telephone ☎️

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, bradiston said:

I tried at the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. I'm a high risk. You have to understand. This hospital had absolutely no clue what I was on about. No have. Cannot. They were in NO WAY prepared. No waiting list, no registration process. Wake up people!

When did you try? In person, by email or phone?

Edited by Jingthing

23 hours ago, keith101 said:

Common Side Effects from Moderna Vaccine.

The most commonly reported side effects, which typically lasted several days, were pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes in the same arm as the injection, nausea and vomiting, and fever. Of note, more people experienced these side effects after the second dose than after the first dose, so it is important for vaccination providers and recipients to expect that there may be some side effects after either dose, but even more so after the second dose.

This info is from the US FDA .

I have an actress friend in California who has suffered from extreme vertigo and is still suffering from it. Actually been hospitalized, but pretty much did nothing to alleviate her symptoms. I’m leaning towards Pfizer vaccine.

All Imports seem to be taxed. Customs perhaps receive no govt budget so must self - finance (like in Saudi Arabia). I was recently “ taxed” 9,000 baht for one large case of used clothing. can only be levied & paid here. 

no appeal. pay or lose shipment. was pre- warned,before shipment decision, by DHL UK ,to expect to pay around 6k...... clothing much more valuable than the tax and needed for future work mobilization......

• Confused 1