Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Each hospital will consider their own charges for giving the jab and a charge for insurance in case of adverse reactions needed to be levied on the first dose.

Even more obscene. What will it  be another 10k?

• Haha 2

Just now, holy cow cm said:

Moderna is getting interesting. But it will probably be locked out until AZ is fully out in the multiple double digit millions.

I would imagine Moderna have their production capacity flat out just for the US???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

What about those who pay significant taxes in Thailand???

IF you want to make a point, at least make a balanced point.

These foreigners would be who exactly...I can't really think of any off hand. The only tax all foreigners pay is the 7% VAT on goods and services (just like Thais); and at some point, the government has said foreigners will be eligible for free vaccines too. I am just making the obvious point that "free" vaccines aren't free anywhere.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I don’t think they are engaging with private entities.  They are are allowing them to import it in.

Why would Moderna have an issue dealing with private enterprise? They are a private company. They will sell to anyone with cash. Of course, when it will be available is a different story. Tier 1 countries pre-ordered most of their supply.

If they sell privately they will lose all indemnity offered through selling to governments only.

59 minutes ago, Bob4u said:

Hi  , received 2 Moderna shots for absolutely free in USA .

First shot only arm pain 

2nd Shot was slightly ill with a mild reaction for a day.

2 weeks later tested positive for Covid19 anti-bodies.

I'll just leave that little cookie right here for y'all

What cookie are you leaving exactly?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hioctane said:

I don’t think they are engaging with private entities.  They are are allowing them to import it in.

Why would Moderna have an issue dealing with private enterprise? They are a private company. They will sell to anyone with cash. Of course, when it will be available is a different story. Tier 1 countries pre-ordered most of their supply.

It has been mentioned on another topic that Moderna would only deal with the Thai government directly..