Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

12 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

With any luck and the onset of vaccination passports they will be prevented from international travel. 

I for one will be quite happy if the Anti-vaxxers remove themselves from the pool of international travel. 

We’ll come across far fewer nutters in Thailand !!! ????

If they don't eventually get jabbed it quite possibly could be they remove themselves from the gene pool of life entirely.

1 hour ago, Bob4u said:

Hi  , received 2 Moderna shots for absolutely free in USA .

First shot only arm pain 

2nd Shot was slightly ill with a mild reaction for a day.

2 weeks later tested positive for Covid19 anti-bodies.

2 weeks later you have not tested positive for Covid19 anti-bodies, but for Covid19 spike protein anti-bodies.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, overherebc said:

If expats have to register then fix the system to accept passport details.

One has to wonder whose kid fresh out of college got the contract to produce these government department websites and Apps

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Even so, he expected that PHA member hospitals would charge a total of 3,000 baht to administer the complete two dose set. 

Here is a guy who is really in touch with the PHA membership.

Not

2 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

20 to 1 it's 3,000 for the 1st jab, plus Dr fee, nurse fee, admin fee, and 5,000 baht for the 2nd shot, plus Dr Fee, nurse fee, and admin fee, total range 9,000 to 10,000 baht.

Long live the baht and farang who can afford it of course ????

20-1 so you don't think your statement is likely. Why write it then? 

1 hour ago, keith101 said:

Common Side Effects from Moderna Vaccine.

The most commonly reported side effects, which typically lasted several days, were pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes in the same arm as the injection, nausea and vomiting, and fever. Of note, more people experienced these side effects after the second dose than after the first dose, so it is important for vaccination providers and recipients to expect that there may be some side effects after either dose, but even more so after the second dose.

This info is from the US FDA .

Innocent like any other vaccine. Don’t think this will convince the anti-vaxxers but ok. 

Edited by cocoonclub
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Even more obscene. What will it  be another 10k?

whatever it is, you will pay it ???? Vaccines are being signed off by Governments for emergency use only with the vaccine companies indemnified against risk. If they venture into private sales and you choose this route then it is only right that you should pay the insurance to cover the potential of you suing at a later date for side effects. ????

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Two minuses make a plus......my old Maths teacher said.

So how come two wrongs don't make a right? Just kidding. But I'm still in the dark. Is the US "anti no jab movement" pro or anti jab? Is there an anti pro no jab movement too?

So, Moderna inoculation 3000Baht, two jabs.

I have to do 11 days quarantine  at ASQ and an extra virus test cost me 6000Baht.

Highway robbery mugging. Unbelievable scams. 

Wife and son are the reason why I return.        

• Confused 1

Interesting.  One wonders why there sits an importer between the Moderna company and the Government Pharmaceutical Organization.  On Wikipedia I read "The GPO gives Thailand significant leverage in its price negotiations with foreign drug suppliers."  But they cannot import the Moderna vaccin themselves directly?

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, GlassWayOverHalfFull said:

20-1 so you don't think your statement is likely. Why write it then? 

I like to bet big, so the bigger the odds the better the chances for this one when it comes home.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Bob4u said:

Hi  , received 2 Moderna shots for absolutely free in USA .

First shot only arm pain 

2nd Shot was slightly ill with a mild reaction for a day.

2 weeks later tested positive for Covid19 anti-bodies.

I'll just leave that little cookie right here for y'all

So you thought you couldn't get Covid after 2 jabs ??  Really?

https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/945798?src=wnl_tp10n_210506_mscpedit&uac=267552BT&impID=3355743&faf=1

• Like 1