Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

1 minute ago, PGSan said:

Not sure where you practice law, but where I come from I definitely could not do this whatever evidence I have of negligence.  So get real about me, please! 

Well I do apologies profusely and profoundly for not having brushed up on you personal history......how remiss of me.......please accept my apologies.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, holy cow cm said:

I totally agree. I have a hard time aligning myself on which side of the coin is best for me and my family, but there is a short window of time left. My theory is this was all a complete set up and now Governments have no choice but to run with it and big pharma. Hand in hand motion. Now if I go any farther pushing out my piece of my pie then I might be going on an extended 2 week holiday again. So I will refrain..

I am with you on this, albeit it I haven't had a holiday that long, most it was 3 days if I recall, so careful now to say what I say and provide links, people are sensitive to anything other than main stream.

With regards to you and family, do what you think is best, I find we really don't have a choice, because if you want to go home, you will require a vaccination passport or pay for 14 days quarantine, that said, hopefully the vaccines don't give us any of those bad side effects that I have seen.

Place your bets as they say.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

There is "nothing more expensive" than when the government says "it is free"  My fiance is Thai but a Norwegian citizen.  Having visited there I can tell you everything is miserably expensive.  Why? because the government taxes so much of your income that the businesses have to raise the price of the product/service to end up with sufficient amounts to warrant them being in business.  Then to add insult to injury, the government tacks on 25% VAT to the now inflated price.  A McDonalds hamburger, fries and a soft drink run about 600 thb. 

You want lower healthcare prices, then encourage competition and discourage 3rd party pay.  A real life example of this is with Lasik eye surgery. Since the majority of companies don't cover for it, providers are forced to competitively price for services and actively compete with each other.  The result, the procedure that once cost upwards of $3,500 per eye has dropped to as low as $250 per eye all while the technology for providing the service has improved.  

There is also nothing more wasted than when the patient is told, "it won't cost you anything" or "you only have to cover your deductible" That removes the inhibition to not ask for unnecessary or redundant tests/procedures and kills the ability of the provider to jack up the price knowing that the patient doesn't care about the cost since the government/insurance company is picking up the majority of the bill. 

The most scary words in the English language: "I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

20 to 1 it's 3,000 for the 1st jab, plus Dr fee, nurse fee, admin fee, and 5,000 baht for the 2nd shot, plus Dr Fee, nurse fee, and admin fee, total range 9,000 to 10,000 baht.

I’ll shake on that!  But you do not say where this will be the total.

21 minutes ago, PGSan said:

Those who pay various direct taxes.

You mean the 5-10% who own businesses or work in Thailand and pay income taxes...my guess would be they have that pink ID card thingy so can sign-up for their "free" jab right now.

45 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

I like to bet big, so the bigger the odds the better the chances for this one when it comes home.

You meant “if”, not “when”.  And we do not even know whether you have anything to stake!   Put up or shut up????.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

You mean the 5-10% who own businesses or work in Thailand and pay income taxes...my guess would be they have that pink ID card thingy so can sign-up for their "free" jab right now.

No they cannot.  Also, not all direct tax-payers have these coloured baubles.

3 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

This isn't for expats......it is for hi-sos......expats have to wait until there is a surplus of vaccines no longer needed by Thais.

That's how the world works...just like the advanced Western countries hording vaccines and the export of compounds and precursor chemicals until there is a surplus and no longer needed, leaving 80% of the world's people high and dry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

You have to have a Thai ID....pink thingy thing is no good.......those that have managed to registered with the pink thingy thing have been told not to report for their appointment.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Gwen1234 said:

The bottom line is that the jab will cost $37 - $38 (about 1,150) baht to import before tax.

Imagine placing tax on a vaccine being used to combat a worldwide pandemic 

Sounds quite sensible to me.  If it moves, tax it! 

• Haha 1

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

I am with you on this, albeit it I haven't had a holiday that long, most it was 3 days if I recall, so careful now to say what I say and provide links, people are sensitive to anything other than main stream.

With regards to you and family, do what you think is best, I find we really don't have a choice, because if you want to go home, you will require a vaccination passport or pay for 14 days quarantine, that said, hopefully the vaccines don't give us any of those bad side effects that I have seen.

Place your bets as they say.

Yes over the time now I have worked myself up to 2 week vacations with having almost nearing myself to the end of the rope of "That's All Folks".. Been reading there are some great milestones made by the US Army Medical corps at Walter Reed Army Institute of Research and a couple of private firms in the USA. The Army's one is called Spike Ferritin Nanaparticle  or SpFN. They think it is good enough to combat other covid viruses. Hopefully this translates to the mutated CV-19 floating around continually morphing into something more dangerous.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, bikerbri said:

Time to liquidate my assets and move to country less insistent on making me pay for something which is free throughout the world. I’m tired of being looked upon as being a “Dirty Farang.” There are better places than this to live. 

PM me an inventory...I pay 10 cents on the dollar to scadaddling farangs.

Edited by Pattaya Spotter
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

That's how the world works...just like the advanced Western countries hording vaccines and the export of compounds and precursor chemicals until there is a surplus and no longer needed, leaving 80% of the world's people high and dry.

True.........but in the western countries people in those countries are being vaccinated by medical risk not nationality, citizenship, race.......

2 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

You have to have a Thai ID....pink thingy thing is no good.......those that have managed to registered with the pink thingy thing have been told not to report for their appointment.

So wait.

1 hour ago, 4MyEgo said:

20 to 1 it's 3,000 for the 1st jab, plus Dr fee, nurse fee, admin fee, and 5,000 baht for the 2nd shot, plus Dr Fee, nurse fee, and admin fee, total range 9,000 to 10,000 baht.

Long live the baht and farang who can afford it of course ????

If you're concerrned about money, don't go to one of the big shiny new mega-hospitals.  Go to Bangkok Christian, or St. Louis.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Gwen1234 said:

The bottom line is that the jab will cost $37 - $38 (about 1,150) baht to import before tax.

Imagine placing tax on a vaccine being used to combat a worldwide pandemic 

Imagine there is no excise tax...there are many categories of them already.