Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

Maybe THREE SHOTS EVERY YEAR...... .who knows.  probably two a year

so add about 5000 to the yearly expense. 

and all 90-day check ins might ask to confirm the jab

plus next year it could get more expensive

enjoy falang.  YOU PAY!!!!!!  

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Mmmm...that could be a problem........they reckon there is 100 a day arrested at Heathrow with false vaccine papers.

good, lock them up.  and than fine them big time.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Pattaya Spotter said:

I feel no urge to run out and get vaccinated...seems a waste of a morning in a country with deminimus cases. I don't see what all the hubbub is about.

Probably the best way to look at.....at least until your lungs start to fill up....555

1 minute ago, burlap said:

My understanding is at the government hospitals you won't be able to choose which brand you want.

Ok...then one of the lo-so private hospitals or clinics who will soon be giving our vaccines like candy or somtum.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

Even with the pink card you won't be able to register. Sure, pink card holders have a their ID number on the odd page, but they also need the number on the back page and  this should have the format JTxxxxx xxxxx ....! Therfore s.th.has to be done by the programmer.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Probably the best way to look at.....at least until your lungs start to fill up....555

I don't live my life thinking about, let alone obsessing over, black swan events...but to each their own.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yeah, good luck with that. Banglamung told me maybe August after all 66m Thais are done. And the place was heaving.

So a couple months...what's the hurry...you in a high risk group?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

They aren't going to fix it.......it is Thais first......foreigners when there is a surplus of vaccines no longer needed by Thais.

One has nothing do to with another. Read the article again.

The vaccinations on your own cost at private hospitals are completely separate from the government vaccination.

The registration is just to count individuals as vaccinated and monitor side effects.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Bob4u said:

Hi  , received 2 Moderna shots for absolutely free in USA .

First shot only arm pain 

2nd Shot was slightly ill with a mild reaction for a day.

2 weeks later tested positive for Covid19 anti-bodies.

I'll just leave that little cookie right here for y'all

I had rashes around injection site for my first dose and slight fever for my second. I did hear some had high fever after the second dose but other than nothing scary.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John Drake said:

If anything is worth waiting for, it's the Pfizer Covid vaccine in tablet form: 

https://www.pfizer.com/news/press-release/press-release-detail/pfizer-initiates-phase-1-study-novel-oral-antiviral

This of course is wonderful news and I’m sure the other companies are advancing in their research.  But it’s also very important that the whole wide world get the vaccins that are available in the meantime. Thousands are still dying every week  in lots of EU countries, and God help them, who knows the true statistics of India , African and South American countries that are so far behind. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, edwardandtubs said:

The UK government, which ordered 17 million doses of Moderna last year, is still awaiting delivery. So when do you think Thailand is going to get it?

Coming soon...2022

In a country with 336 deaths...it could be 2032 and not an issue.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

So a couple months...what's the hurry...you in a high risk group?

Yes. I was doing what the government advised me to do if I couldn't register on MorProm, ie got to a hospital. But really I don't think it's ANY hospital, just one where you have been treated for whatever qualifying underlying problems you might have. I visited 4. I'm happy to say I did get registered at one private hospital but drew blanks at the other 3, including Banglamung and 2 other private hospitals, for a variety of reasons. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

I'm happy to say I did get registered at one private hospital but drew blanks at the other 3, including Banglamung and 2 other private hospitals, for a variety of reasons. 

It's a very fluid situation so not surprising. 

1 hour ago, Thomas J said:

I guess I need someone to explain the OP.  First, why would foreigners have to register with Mor Prom if they are getting their vaccine from a private hospital.  Second, if they do have to register, how do they do it?  It asks for your Thai ID.  Does that mean every foreigner will need to go to the local Amphur and get a Pink Card?  Now if Mor Prom contacts you, does that mean it is the government contacting you for an Astra Zeneca or Sinovac injection, or does it mean you have the opportunity to go to a private hospital to receive the Moderna, Johnson & Johson, or Pfizer vaccine assuming they hospitals have them. 

It means you have to wait till they clarify, what's the hurry when there is no vaccine available.

Thailand is known for medical tourism. That implies non-Thai people. So, put 2 and 2 together....if you are not Thai, the Thai hospitals who make a fortune administering to non-Thai people will see this as just another product or service to sell. Having said that, I am happy with my medical experiences here in Thailand and will gladly visit my favorite international hospital again for my covid vaccine needs. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, clivebaxter said:

They said it would be quicker to wait for the government shot. 

So that will be after the vaccination of 65 million Thais. 

They will be vaccinated with the Astra vaccine, that they haven't yet begun to manufacture, and then to manufacture Astra the company That makes the vaccine will probably be on the waiting list for the supply of the raw materials to make it, behind India. 

And India will also be on the waiting list as the EU is currently suing Astra over supply issues. 

Maybe space X will come to the rescue with supplies from Mars. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2