Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

6 hours ago, Phillip9 said:

Are you a resident of Singapore?  Singapore's borders are closed to anyone else living in Thailand.

You been  allowed to transit Singapore for the past 2 months< 

1 hour ago, Surelynot said:

You have to have a Thai ID....pink thingy thing is no good.......those that have managed to registered with the pink thingy thing have been told not to report for their appointment.

I have registered with my pink ID and have not been told to not report for my appointment for vaccination 8.th june 10 o'clock, so you are Surelynot well informed.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that his members had agreed not to charge more than 2,000 baht per jab. People will need two.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Even so, he expected that PHA member hospitals would charge a total of 3,000 baht to administer the complete two dose set. 

The bottom part of his discussion is in contrast to the earlier portion. If my math is correct 2k for each jab is 4k total even though he later says 3k to administer the complete 2 dose set.  

To say I am confused is an understatement. 

However, I will pay whats requested and get my insurance to reimburse me, as they will.

4 hours ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

These foreigners would be who exactly...I can't really think of any off hand. The only tax all foreigners pay is the 7% VAT on goods and services (just like Thais); and at some point, the government has said foreigners will be eligible for free vaccines too. I am just making the obvious point that "free" vaccines aren't free anywhere.

Many foreigners work. My wife is paid about average for an office worker in a job 10+ years. I make 3.5x more than her. I pay far more Thai taxes than the average Thai. Furthermore, just to make it easier on me as my employer files my taxes for me I don't take a number of exemptions. Further, I spend over b5000 a year due to dual pricing when visiting national parks. Finally, I support the household major expenses and holidays > 7% VAT on that.

Edited by kynikoi

12 minutes ago, perconrad said:

I have registered with my pink ID and have not been told to not report for my appointment for vaccination 8.th june 10 o'clock, so you are Surelynot well informed.

Let's wait and see.....they will not inform you personally not to go........it was a statement in the media

1 minute ago, Surelynot said:

Let's wait and see.....they will not inform you personally not to go........it was a statement in the media

I'll wait and see, if my appointment is cancelled I'll opt for the Moderna at the private hospital I use for health check

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Theory said:

Today is Moderna.

Tomorrow will be another day with another guy news. 
It seems our destiny is up to who wakes up earlier in every morning. 

Oh it's back to the whack a mole game again I think. Another day another whack.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Surelynot said:

No mention that any of this is catering for expats.

No mention that it will not be available for expats either.

I have been obtaining my vaccines from my private hospital for years plus have had two Covid tests, so why wouldn’t this be available ?

29 minutes ago, kynikoi said:

Many foreigners work. My wife is paid about average for an office worker in a job 10+ years. I make 3.5x more than her. I pay far more Thai taxes than the average Thai. Furthermore, just to make it easier on me as my employer files my taxes for me I don't take a number of exemptions. Further, I spend over b5000 a year due to dual pricing when visiting national parks. Finally, I support the household major expenses and holidays > 7% VAT on that.

Yes, I know Thailand has income taxes (pretty progressive for those who actually have to pay them)...and your point? That you should be up there with the Thais in the free vaccine que? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

Survived 18 months of pandemic so far...so at least another 18 should be a breeze.

I'm thinking that by the time the vaccines do roll out for foreigners I'll be immune. Nevertheless, not to let a disaster go to waste we will at some future time be forced to pay a huge sum for a vaccine or extension rejected despite the months and possibly years begging for it falling on deaf ears.

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Working on one.... not released / made available yet... But the actual vaccine availability for foreign nationals under the govt vaccine program isn't supposed to start until June anyway...

My local community clinic said November or December, today.

5 hours ago, Bob4u said:

Hi  , received 2 Moderna shots for absolutely free in USA .

First shot only arm pain 

2nd Shot was slightly ill with a mild reaction for a day.

2 weeks later tested positive for Covid19 anti-bodies.

I'll just leave that little cookie right here for y'all

I might be wrong but I believe the studies show it takes a good 90 days in total for you to actually be protected. I've read some getting the second shots 14 days after being tested had Covid -19 Anti-bodies.  My nieces recently got her second shot Moderna, 20 days later tested positive ( front line health worker ) had no signs self quarantine 14 days tested 4 days thereafter negative.  <deleted> happens right?????

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

Anyone thinking the price of Moderna will be say 2,000 or 3,000 or 4,000 baht are seriously delusional, why, because I received the Flu jab 600 baht, the Pneumonia Jab 2,600 baht, now the Pneumonia booster jab, 4,840 baht, the above vaccines are not a scarce commodity as are the Covid 19 vaccines, so anyone thinking the price is going to be between 2,000, 3,000 4,000 baht, think again, maybe each dose, add to that Dr fee, nurse fee, and hospital admin fees, will be about another 1,000 to 2,000 baht, so worst case scenario 10,000 baht, best case scenario 5,000 baht.

Either way, if it's going to save your life

Look for this quote in the article 

"Even so, he expected that PHA member hospitals would charge a total of 3,000 baht to administer the complete two dose set. "

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, david555 said:

Look for this quote in the article 

"Even so, he expected that PHA member hospitals would charge a total of 3,000 baht to administer the complete two dose set. "

Quite right you are, keyword, administer, a total charge of 3,000 baht to administer the drug, then you have to buy the drug, so it might still be 10,000 baht in total, e.g. say 3,500 par shot x 2 shot plus the administration of the drug and badda bing, badda bang, badda "boooooom"

• Thanks 1

Just now, 4MyEgo said:

Quite right you are, keyword, administer, a total charge of 3,000 baht to administer the drug, then you have to buy the drug, so it might still be 10,000 baht in total, e.g. say 3,500 par shot x 2 shot plus the administration of the drug and badda bing, badda bang, badda "boooooom"

You forgot the appointment reservation fee , the priority lane fee and any other one you could imagine  ...., i am sure you can come up with more ....than that ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, chiman said:

this is not news about a vaccine, its about a treatment for COVID-19 ???? but nonetheless its awesome news, thank you for sharing 

Even a 24 hours protecting nose spray against Covid  is in development ..... very useful for travelling by airlines i would say ....., hope to have that  when fly home in 2022

Could a Nasal Spray Prevent Coronavirus Transmission? | Columbia University Irving Medical Center

1 hour ago, kynikoi said:

For every one like you there's another like me who will absolutely do anything required to ensure that I pay them nothing.

I get what I pay for and I can't complain. I get nothing so I pay nothing and never will.