Moderna vaccine will be available at private hospitals for 3,000 baht - but you'll still need to register

webfact

4 hours ago, Thomas J said:

I guess I need someone to explain the OP.  First, why would foreigners have to register with Mor Prom if they are getting their vaccine from a private hospital.  Second, if they do have to register, how do they do it?  It asks for your Thai ID.  Does that mean every foreigner will need to go to the local Amphur and get a Pink Card?  Now if Mor Prom contacts you, does that mean it is the government contacting you for an Astra Zeneca or Sinovac injection, or does it mean you have the opportunity to go to a private hospital to receive the Moderna, Johnson & Johnson, or Pfizer vaccine assuming they hospitals have them. 

AFAIK

1   We are supposed to register with  Mor Prom.

2   How you register apparently is by using the Thai Pink ID card.

3   The Pink ID card is issued at the Amphur on production of your yellow book (or blue house book if you have a condo).

4   If you have neither you will be unable to register I think.

5   Having got your yellow house book, Pink ID card and successfully navigated the Mor Prom app and registered, you then wait for a response from the Health Ministry who will tell you the place, day and time to get your jab, currently Sinovac for the fit and under 60s or AZ for the fat, sick, lame, and oldsters.

6   Having successfully climbed all those ladders this is the time that somebody says yes and you reach your goal, or no, when they slide the snake under you and you go back to step 1.

At least this is the way that I understand it, but I could be wrong and somebody has a better idea than me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, CLW said:

That's good news. I would like to have it asap to be able to fly abroad in July and hopefully return to Thailand via Phuket with no quarantine. Price seems reasonable and I'm willing to pay it. 

First they must fix the registration issue for foreign IDs if they want us to use their system / application.

Actually they don't HAVE to do it if they are trying to keep us at the back of the queue.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

The Pink ID card is issued at the Amphur on production of your yellow book

I am residing with my fiance.  She is Thai and owns a home in Pattaya.  I do have a Thai drivers license and previously obtained the residence certificate for both my drivers license and car purchase.  

Given it is the government I "assume" that won't be enough to get a pink card. 

52 minutes ago, Captor said:

Yes that is probably a good vaccine. Do you know when that will come?

Phase 3 test results this month.

CureVac says well on track to request vaccine approval as planned

https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/curevac-says-well-track-request-vaccine-approval-planned-2021-05-05/

10 minutes ago, billd766 said:

AFAIK

1   We are supposed to register with  Mor Prom.

2   How you register apparently is by using the Thai Pink ID card.

3   The Pink ID card is issued at the Amphur on production of your yellow book (or blue house book if you have a condo).

4   If you have neither you will be unable to register I think.

5   Having got your yellow house book, Pink ID card and successfully navigated the Mor Prom app and registered, you then wait for a response from the Health Ministry who will tell you the place, day and time to get your jab, currently Sinovac for the fit and under 60s or AZ for the fat, sick, lame, and oldsters.

6   Having successfully climbed all those ladders this is the time that somebody says yes and you reach your goal, or no, when they slide the snake under you and you go back to step 1.

At least this is the way that I understand it, but I could be wrong and somebody has a better idea than me.

The most recent news is that the government never wanted foreigners to register that way.

Also not so recently announcements that there will be a SEPERATE tool for foreigners. 

As most foreigners wouldn't have that Thai number I think its crazy to suggest people try to get it now in the middle of a rising pandemic. 

This new tool whenever it comes will presumably be in English and allow passport registration.

If not then they aren't serious about allowing us vaccine access.

Again you're not even supposed to register with the Thai Mor Prom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Thomas J said:

I am residing with my fiance.  She is Thai and owns a home in Pattaya.  I do have a Thai drivers license and previously obtained the residence certificate for both my drivers license and car purchase.  

Given it is the government I "assume" that won't be enough to get a pink card. 

Right. Why not wait for the promised tool for non Thais?

15 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Actually they don't HAVE to do it if they are trying to keep us at the back of the queue.

I agree that they don’t have to. Another reason that the situation needs to be watched as it seems like at least some embassies are trying to advocate for us. We can't assume actual access until we see those sweet sweet syringes.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

The misinformation comes fast and furious.

Thailand like other countries, does not have a vaccine that is approved for those under 16.

They're planning to use their hopefully future acquisition of Pfizer vaccines for the teenage groups.

I believe, separately, the US FDA is due to approve the Pfizer vaccine for that group any day now.... It's coming.

This is from the homepage of the Bangkok Hospital Pattaya today - 19:14:

"Important notice from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya: Despite some "News" items, BHP has not ordered or reserved private or alternative COVID vaccines. We will notify you officially when we are fully prepared."

This sounds to me as if it might have been a reaction to this thread here and / or its sources.

In one word: Nothing has changed and we are left in despair. No idea when they will realise that there are thousands waiting (my assumption) for Moderna to be available and would refuse AstraZeneca or Sinovac. Or if they do and do not care.

Homepage BHP.pdf

Edited by moogradod
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused here. So we have to register via that Moprom app for private vaccines too?

How do they know whether we want private or public vaccines via that app?

22 minutes ago, moogradod said:

"Important notice from Bangkok Hospital Pattaya: Despite some "News" items, BHP has not ordered or reserved private or alternative COVID vaccines. We will notify you officially when we are fully prepared."

This sounds to me as if it might have been a reaction to this thread here and / or its sources.

In one word: Nothing has changed and we are left in despair. No idea when they will realise that there are thousands waiting (my assumption) for Moderna to be available and would refuse AstraZeneca or Sinovac.

Be patient a bit.. The average Thai hasn't been able to be vaccinated as yet either.

The details of the process for foreign nationals in Thailand should be coming soon.

• Like 1

I can't register on Mor Prom because I don't have a pink ID.  I need an alternative way to sign up for a vaccination.  I am on a waiting list at two hospitals but I guess that doesn't count.

1 minute ago, DogNo1 said:

I can't register on Mor Prom because I don't have a pink ID.  I need an alternative way to sign up for a vaccination.  I am on a waiting list at two hospitals but I guess that doesn't count.

I have a pink card ,yellow book ,but still cant register  on mor prom ,wife has tried a dozen times.

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Be patient a bit.. The average Thai hasn't been able to be vaccinated as yet either.

The details of the process for foreign nationals in Thailand should be coming soon.

Thanks for the consolation. But it should say ..... process for foreign nationals in Thailand for the Moderna Vaccine should be coming soon. I dont care if AstraZeneca or Sinovac is available for foreign nationals. I would nobody in my family (including my Thai wife and Thai Stepdaughter) expose to these liquids.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, billd766 said:

Of course they don't have to if it was for free. But how many Thais can afford or want to pay the 3,000 Baht if they can get it for free anyway sooner or later. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unblocktheplanet said:

Where can we find a list of member hospitals in the Private Hospital Association of Thailand, please?

http://www.thaiprivatehospitals.org/

https://www.facebook.com/TPHAThai

It doesn't look like they update their info any time recently... but appear to be housed near Bangkok Hospital in BKK.

49 minutes ago, ivor bigun said:

I have a pink card ,yellow book ,but still cant register  on mor prom ,wife has tried a dozen times.

Don't bother. 

They don’t want foreigner bookings there.

Wait until the seperate registration process for non Thais is finalized.

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

In one word: Nothing has changed and we are left in despair. No idea when they will realise that there are thousands waiting (my assumption) for Moderna to be available and would refuse AstraZeneca or Sinovac. Or if they do and do not care.

Homepage BHP.pdf 155.56 kB · 1 download

I'm usually pessimistic by nature but I don’t read it that way at all.

They've never told people that they have secured any doses  yet and they've never taken bookings for doses they don't have. They might put you on an email notification list. That's all.

But that does not mean that they won't get doses. They clearly are signaling that they fully  EXPECT to get doses. When exactly they don't know. Which brands exactly they might know or they might not but either way they're not telling. 

Carry on and hurry up and wait is my suggestion.

• Like 1

According to Sanook, private hospitals are preparing to provide the Moderna vaccine for about ฿3,000 including insurance. The price would be the same at all hospitals.

* It should be noted that foreigners might not be offered the vaccine at the same price as Thais. Let’s see.

24 minutes ago, Aforek said:

EU members, don't hurry ! our embassies are preparing something  ( says somebody representing expatriates, working with French embassy ) 

Oh boy hope they do. The more potential outlets the better.

55 minutes ago, CLW said:

Of course they don't have to if it was for free. But how many Thais can afford or want to pay the 3,000 Baht if they can get it for free anyway sooner or later. 

Many many Thais would pay to avoid  being given no choice but Sinovac. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 2

I believe the position on Moderna availability in Thailand is what is called truism, same as saying there will be sunrise tomorrow. Yes, moderna will be available, but not anytime soon.

Why? All current contracts  are prepurchased and there is BIG backlog to meet the existing orders.

Moderna will sell when the vaccine when it is available and when it is allowed to export to Thailand. Because US government has  funded the vaccine it has say when US facility will export to foreign  customer.

Until I see Thailand on this list from Moderna , I know there are no legal sales in Thailand.

https://www.modernacovid19global.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, keith101 said:

Common Side Effects from Moderna Vaccine.

The most commonly reported side effects, which typically lasted several days, were pain at the injection site, tiredness, headache, muscle pain, chills, joint pain, swollen lymph nodes in the same arm as the injection, nausea and vomiting, and fever. Of note, more people experienced these side effects after the second dose than after the first dose, so it is important for vaccination providers and recipients to expect that there may be some side effects after either dose, but even more so after the second dose.

This info is from the US FDA .

I had no reaction to the first shot. But I did have an elevated temp for a few hours and my lower back bothered me for nearly a day. That being said the "experts" are saying that those with the strongest reactions are those that have the strongest initial immune system. The logic is that the immune system is fighting the vaccine that it perceives as the virus building the needed antibodies. If you have COVID near you...get the shots if you can.

I’ve read so much about needing to register before I can get a vaccination, but nowhere could I find any clear information about how to do it.   I don’t even know what website to get into.  Even after Googling “How do I register for covid vaccination in Thailand”, I still couldn’t even figure out what website/URL to go to.  All I could find, is a bunch of vague information, etc.

Any information about the proper website (or a link to it) would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks..

• Like 2