Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media

webfact

Just now, Dmaxdan said:

I'd fine them for not wearing shirts in public as well!

Nobody needs to see that. 

Yes....agree.....I would even ban those...."look at me I'm a farang" singlet vests......they are repulsive......especially as the farangs that wear them tend to have the least athletic bodies on the face of the earth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I  could go  out right  now and get much better pictures. Don't  make me????.

I could have yesterday but it is a good way to get your teeth broken.

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Come to my  Moo baan and see  big  fat Thais waddling down the road semi clothed, thats the countryside for you.

Can't complain about the locals......but some of the sights you see...oh dear...cover it up.

3 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

This article is from last year but states this, can you show  me  a new one mentioning exercising? 

I can show you one saying you have to wear a mask while outside and in your vehicle of multiple occupancy. Looking for regulations that exclude the requirement and claiming in their absence they exist just does not make sense. 

Last years rules are no longer valid...

9 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

Foreigners pay fines , Thais do sit ups, or push downs.... and a lot of Thai this morning on the news applying for a loan on the bank were not wearing a mask even the staff of bank no mask and no social distancing too.. But the falangs are bad ones and are treated improperly by everyone in this country so why should they follow the rules than? 

In this heat........pay the fine every-time.

1 minute ago, zhounan said:

When this falsehood of wearing masks finally comes into the light of day, I would like to see all these rightists, informers and phonegraphers severely hit on the backside publicly.

Whatever gets you through the night.

Edited by Surelynot
  • Haha 2

Just now, zhounan said:

When this falsehood of wearing masks finally comes into the light of day, I would like to see all these rightists, informers and phonegraphers severely hit on the backside publicly.

Well you can whine all you like, the rule is there and that is it. 

(These Thai Visa frenzies are such fun!!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

I can show you one saying you have to wear a mask while outside and in your vehicle of multiple occupancy. Looking for regulations that exclude the requirement and claiming in their absence they exist just does not make sense. 

Last years rules are no longer valid...

I was  discussing not wearing masks when exercising as you  well  know, and have found an article saying you don't  have to 5  days  ago.

30 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

For tourists I take it they mean foreigners.......but regardless......everyone knows the rules.......like them or not......fine all those blatantly flouting the law.

To most Thais aren't we still tourists even if we've been living here for 30 years?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Oh where to start... bank tellers are behind glass screens and last time I went into a branch, they were being quite stringent. I will give you one reason, they can be chucked out!

I know but I was talking about what i saw on the news this morning.... 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

To most Thais aren't we still tourists even if we've been living here for 30 years?

Oh definitely........if you cannot be racially profiled as Thai.........in a similar fashion to most of the Tory party who struggle to accept someone who is slightly off white could possibly be British

Edited by Surelynot
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

I was  discussing not wearing masks when exercising as you  well  know, and have found an article saying you don't  have to 5  days  ago.

Yes, saw it after making that post.... 

Thee 2 in the picture are not exercising!

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

But, do you agree  that you don't  have to wear  a mask whilst exercising?

I have only seen a Newspaper post supporting this so far and they are notorious here.... I will be wearing a mask.

7 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Speculation, you can;t  really  know, could be brisk walking, even if to the pub, that's  closed.

Works both ways.... to avoid ambiguity, wear a mask or get on  bikes, a rowing machine or move with some effort.  I trust to the OP that the pics were not of people exercising. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Works both ways.... to avoid ambiguity, wear a mask or get on a bikes, a rowing machine or move with some effort.  I trust to the OP that the pics were not of people exercising. 

You shouldn't trust anything especially in Thailand. If you read the article  fully it states  that you should be "carrying"  a mask if  exercising. You'll  have to verify they have pockets  in those shorts. The  point is you don't have to wear  a mask when exercising.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Local Pu Yai told me I need to wear one just in case cops come along. Keep it around your chin and pull up when necessary. ????

It's really difficult to breathe when you are exercising with a mask on. ????

I hate to be "that guy" but the truth is storing masks on the chin is a vector of infection.  The inside of the mask is touching skin where there may be virus and then when you cover your mouth and nose you breathe it in directly. Common but wrong.

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

You shouldn't trust anything especially in Thailand. If you read the article  fuly it states  that you should be "carrying"  a mask if  exercising. You'll  have to verify they have pockets  in those shorts. The  point is you don't have to wear  a mask when exercising.

If you can trust the Thai Tiger article surely I can trust the Webfact OP, after all, this is on Thai Visa! 

And these guys had done exercising, if they were at all.

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

If you can trust the Thai Tiger article surely I can trust the Webfact OP, after all, this is on Thai Visa! 

And these guys had done exercising, if they were at all.

Was that the same webfact who told  us foreigners would get the vaccine free? Note the article was a  reprint of Bangkok Posts  article which can't be  posted here.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I hate to be "that guy" but the truth is storing masks on the chin is a vector of infection. 

Fines should be double for this... they know they are breaking the rules and have not absent mindedly forgot.... like the guy who illegally parks and puts his hazard lights on while he does it anyway!

Edited by jacko45k

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well you can whine all you like, the rule is there and that is it. 

(These Thai Visa frenzies are such fun!!)

People apparently feel safer if governments tell them what to do.

How much you are willing to pay me to tell you what you have to do? 

Admit it, you felt touched when you read: rightist, informer and phonographer

(These Thai Visa frenzies are such fun!)

Edited by zhounan
  • Confused 1