Pattaya: Time for the police to fine tourists for flouting mask rules, says Thai media

webfact

Just now, Rampant Rabbit said:

Was that the same webfact who told  us foreigners would get the vaccine free?

We may very well do so yet.....

Thai Tiger likely makes a miss now and again.... one can hardly avoid it in this place with everyone and his aunt making predictions. 

1 minute ago, Bob4u said:

I see tons of Russian on the Jomtien promenade in the evening w/o masks.

Really disgusting ppl 

I don't know.  I wouldn't talk politics with them but a lot of them are hot and I don't mean fevers.

• Haha 1

It is all about enforcement, specifically the lack of it. A few well publicised arrest and fine incidents; for Thais and falangs; would increase compliance, in my view.

There does seem to be a reluctance amongst police officers to directly engage with people that they think might be infected. Health concerns from officers manning roadside checkpoints was the main reason given for them being closed down. It is a concern for them but would this fear of catching Covid be enough of an excuse for steering clear of people without masks. Some might argue that it is a dereliction of duty.

If the same thought processes pervaded those who worked in hospitals we would soon be in a pretty pickle.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Was that the same webfact who told  us foreigners would get the vaccine free? Note the article was a  reprint of Bangkok Posts  article which can't be  posted here.

Check this out  

3 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

Pah you need to keep  up  , posted there  ages  ago. Lay  off the beer????

You were just carping on about Webfact claiming jabs were free, so who who needs to keep up, duh? Why did you need to throw insults into an interchange that was previously agreeable?

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

Some here would question the existence of baby pigeons, having never seen one.

I've seen baby pigeons. Bastards were in a nest on my balcony. They didn't stay long.

• Haha 1

Just now, jacko45k said:

You were just carping on about Webfact claiming jabs were free, so who who needs to keep up, duh! Take a nap!

And  proves the point, now webfact claims  we'll  have to  pay, so your source "webfact" is unreliable, as I said lay off the grog.

6 minutes ago, champers said:

It is all about enforcement, specifically the lack of it. A few well publicised arrest and fine incidents; for Thais and falangs; would increase compliance, in my view.

There does seem to be a reluctance amongst police officers to directly engage with people that they think might be infected. Health concerns from officers manning roadside checkpoints was the main reason given for them being closed down. It is a concern for them but would this fear of catching Covid be enough of an excuse for steering clear of people without masks. Some might argue that it is a dereliction of duty.

If the same thought processes pervaded those who worked in hospitals we would soon be in a pretty pickle.

You must be correct as I seem to recall that there's a large police station half way down beach road. 

1 minute ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

And  proves the point, now webfact claims  we'll  have to  pay, so your source "webfact" is unreliable, as I said lay off the grog.

I never drink until the yardarm rule is met....  Webfact is not my source, it is Thai Visa Admin, have a go at them!

1 hour ago, webfact said:

It was not just them, some Thais too were flouting the law that can see a top whack fine of 20,000 baht imposed.

Its nice to see that the Thai contingent of Non Mask wearers was also mentioned.

Although not with the same enthusiasm that these 2 Farang were.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sungod said:

Not sure, but the guy with the black shorts does seem to have a Sportsman physique, darts quite possibly.

Similar to my thought.  I was reading a few minutes ago how golf is a splendid sport , should masks be worn during such hard work ?

Just now, RichardColeman said:

Whilst stuck here in Blackpool, all i see is people whose only disability appears to be being obese, wandering around with little cards round their necks saying they do not have to wear a mask whilst puffing on ciggies.  Lunacy

Dear me, that is terrible terrible, horrendous and incredulous, I sure am glad not to be in that dire position....... stuck in Blackpool!

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

Similar to my thought.  I was reading a few minutes ago how golf is a splendid sport , should masks be worn during such hard work ?

The Korean lady who won the HSBC event in Singapore last week was the only competitor who wore a mask. Draw your own conclusions.????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I hate to be "that guy" but the truth is storing masks on the chin is a vector of infection.  The inside of the mask is touching skin where there may be virus and then when you cover your mouth and nose you breathe it in directly. Common but wrong.

Unless someone runs up and kisses me, I think I am good. Anything on my chin was there already and is already in my body. Asking to wear a mask when breathing heavily is a recipe for disaster.

• Like 1